Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
Did you mean that the critter got surprise on us? Seems that way, so I'll go ahead and roll Initiative (1d20+3=7)[/sblock]

OOC: Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. Normal initiative for everyone now. Note that the tagamalang appeared on the opposite side of the trail to where Mystal is hiding.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal moves over and behind the beast still safely in the canopy.

He focuses his senses, trying to discern if the creature was some kind of elaborate illusion, since it came from behind them and was invisible until it appeared. Whole thing reeked of foul spirits...or very mischievous fey.

Initiative (1d20+10=14)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Chaar and Ape dives out of the way of the fireball, Bijoa is just outside the area of effect, Annika is not so lucky but her natural affinity to fire protects her from much of the damage and so she is little worse off than the others.

Mystal begins to move towards the creature but before anyone can react is vanishes again. Only a faint rustling in the leaves suggests its position.

[sblock=OOC]

Ape and Chaarr take 14 fire damage.

Annika Reflex save 13, but she has Fire Resistance 10 so takes 19 fire damage.

Round One proper, Initiative:

Tagamalang - turns invisible. A Perception DC 19 will help pinpoint it.

Mystal
Chaarr
Annika
Growling Ape
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Mystal reckons it's about 30 ft. away from him; his climb speed is 10 ft. per round although he could shadow jaunt. It's across the path, don't forget. I'll try to get a map sorted, currently looking for a forest path floorplan!

Shayuri

First Post
Annika mutters a curse under her breath, then flares into brighter flames as she speaks in the Spirit Tongue. Motes of fire, embers and sparks begin to whiz and whir around her, then are flung off as she gestures with her hands. They strike the spot the creature had been standing and erupt in an explosion of cinders and clinging, burning little particles!

(Glitterdust on the spot it vanished at! Positioned so as not to blind allies, of course. Will DC 15 to avoid blindness. Hee...her Charisma is pretty bad for a sorceror... But the cancellation of invisibility is not something that can be saved against at least.)

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape tries to discern where the creature went while he casts a protective spell. The magic radiates outward, which gives his allies kind of protective shelter, if they want to use it.

[sblock=ooc]

Perception +11, please roll for me, if check is less than a standard action

casts Magic Circle vs Spirits

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 48/50 charges.

Lightnings: 4->3 min/uses

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Annika's spell just catches the creature, which has moved a little to its left, still in the trees, and about 10 ft. from Mystal's position. Although only partly covered by the glittering motes, the effect is enough to spoil its invisibility.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal - move closer
Annika - Glitterdust, affects creature
Ape - Protection from Spirits [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], Chaar to act this round as well.
[/sblock]

Remove ads