Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal frowns at the lack of agreement and headlong rush into the unknown. His short stature would prevent him from keeping up, but he can at least somewhat reduce the distance. He flickers into the shadows and steps out right atop of Shakou, grabbing her fur with one arm and legs.

"Hello Tigress, care for a ride?" - he grins, but is ready to let go if she indicates disagreement.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'll wait for Shakou's reaction to being ridden by Mystal before posting results. Mystal and his gear put Shakou at a Medium load, meaning that her base speed is 30 ft. (tiger form) and she can still run at x4.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The escaping thug runs along the dark walkways with relative ease, and when he glances over his shoulder to see that he is being followed he starts to ducks and weave amongst the columns, zig-zagging through the intersecting walkways.

Shakou, with Mystal clinging to her back, is gaining on the man the fastest, followed closely by Ape. Annika and Gold bring up the rear, the yana mystic delayed by checking the fallen opponents.

Thus, Annika is able to act with a long-range spell first, before the others catch up with the escapee.

Neurotic

Mystal waits for the moment Shakou closes to within 40' of the fleeing man and then steps through shadows directly in front of him, bracing for the impact as bigger man stumbles over him.

Theroc

First Post
Shakou charged after the man, prepared to pounce and pin him down if possible, making surrender possible.

[OOC: Charge with kittyness. Believe if Shakou's coming from behind and Mystal is in front, it'll be flanking which means 5 sneak attacks. :p]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika lets loose with the longest range spell she knows...the only one capable of reaching out that far. A pair of feathers burning with ghostly fire spin from her fingers and pursue the fleeing cultist with almost leisurely disdain of his running. However they waft and seem to take detours, they're still more than fast enough to catch him.

(Magic Missile for 2d4+2)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The fleeing thug is briefly illuminated by the flash of fire from Annika's spell. He cries out in pain, stumbles, and Mystal Marr appears right in front of him. The salshama'i just has time to tell from the man's decaying, slightly phosphorescent skin that this must be one of the undead ones before the man, with a look of surprise on his dead face, trips over the salsham'ai and falls off the edge of the walkway into the water below.

[sblock=OOC]
Annika magic missile 2d4+2=5

Mystal: there's no direct rule that seemed to apply, but when in doubt CMB 17+1=18 vs. his CMD wins. There was a chance that he'd take Mystal with him, so CMB 13 fails to overcome Mystal's.

No damage taken to either side, but the undead creature is now down in the water below.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: well, that wasn't my intention :( now Mystal is dissapointed, I believed he'll fall in the direction in which he ran, since he cannot drown he's effectively out of our hands now :(

Does one of you casters has summoning spell to get him while in water?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: The water is about 30 ft. down, and although you can hear splashing the undead thug has concealment.

Shakou arrives right on top of Mystal, then Ape and Annika arrive a few seconds later. Gold is still some way back, so any currently playing characters can now act.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases