Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, that's that then? Can we track them somehow through the water? Let's explore this tomb, maybe there is something that will point us in right direction."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:4/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"I can track, but not underwater. And any animal I would summon would not know it should bring him back up. We have to wait for another opportunity. As one portal closes, another opens up." Ape says, a bit frustrated the undead escaped them.

[sblock=ooc]

cast spells: light, shilleagh.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gold arrives and reports that two of the fallen men were just walking corpses, now destroyed, but two were young men.

"They are still alive, but I'm not sure for how long," he says. "I'm sorry, I'm not really a healer."

Exploration reveal the cistern to be a huge area, probably taking up about a quarter of the area of Cormondal. At some sections there are steps leading between the vertical levels, and along two of the walls (north and west) are tunnels/pipes like the one you came down. Several of them have planks placed across between their openings and the walkways. In the middle of the eastern side is a wide staircase that leads up to a set of barred gates of wrought iron, beyond you can see one of the more derelict parts of Cormondal (Local Knowledge: looks like outside the Old Barracks, which is now a slum/flea market).

[sblock=OOC]
You may not remember, as it was a few years ago in real-time, but Ape and Annika have the Mark of the River Spirits, which will impart either water breathing or fire resistance 5, one use only.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"There's no telling which way that last one went now," Annika says angrily. "He could have gone out one of those pipes, or out the gate here.".

She sighs and looks out through the gate at the slums beyond.

"Maybe if we ask around, we can find out where these creatures are coming from though. Someone, somewhere, must have seen something."

Neurotic

"I'm feeling a bit weak in spirit from that shadow's touch. Can you spirit people do something about that?"

Theroc

First Post
"Looks like I was a little late to the party..." Shakou commented, not relishing the idea of swimming after the creature. Luckily, the party did not push the idea.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:4/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"They are still alive, but I'm not sure for how long," he says. "I'm sorry, I'm not really a healer."

Ape quickly moves to the injured men, using his spirit magic to stabilize them.

"I'm feeling a bit weak in spirit from that shadow's touch. Can you spirit people do something about that?"

"Sorry, I can only mend normal wounds to a body."

[sblock=ooc]

casting 2x Stabilize

active spells: light.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Making Enquiries

For the rest of the day, and much of the next, you try to find out more details about the undead and the paper lantern gang. Nobody in the Old Barracks claims to have seen them, saying that the gates to the old cistern have been shut for years. Indeed the gates are rusted, locked with an equally rusty chain and don't seem to be usable. Most acticity by the gang was around the Shading Willow Court area, at least in terms of where they menaced the locals. The people you speak to who know members of the gang have little good to say about them - apparently most of them were local youths with a bad reputation long before they started dealing with bad spirits. This is one point that produces puzzled reactions - none of them have ever shown any magical ability, so they must have fallen in with a tabusami sorcerer somewhere along the line. Where he or she might be, no-one knows but there is loads of wild speculation.

The two injured men are taken to the narvinda, to join the growing list of refugees, wounded and monsters who are taking up residence (at least two previous gang members and the two wild girls). It is lucky that the narvinda is a sprawling complex of a former magisterial residence, with buildings up to three storeys high surrounding several gardened courtyards. Sister Herbalist gives Mystal Mar a medicinal compound to drink to cure the effects of the daark spirit. He's sure the sour-faced woman makes it foul-tasting on purpose, but it works.

Growling Ape finds tracks in many of the cistern inlet pipes, and further exploration shows that there are lots of other hidden entrances from these pipes into the cellars of abandoned buildings across Cormondal - at least eight including the other buildings that the thugs fled to after being routed at Shading Willow. The cistern gives them hidden access to anywhere in Cormondal, beneath the ground. Although some of these buildings show signs that they have been used as sqauts, none are occupied.

There is only one exit from the cistern complex that leads somewhere other than a run-down, empty building. It leads up into an ornate building at the edge of a formal garden - an eyecatcher, folly or summer house in a hidden corner of the ornamental gardens of a wealthy citizen.

[sblock=ooc]
Mystal is healed of his Con damage. It is now they after the cistern fight, so all spells etc. are restored.

It is now the day of the Laburnum Festival, where the characters are invited to join the Vashti at an evening reception at Magister Ten's residence.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"It seems we'll have to delay further investigation. We need to attend that terrible event and without paladin. Should we warn Vaashti about that garden? And it's owner?"

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Mystal is healed of his Con damage. It is now they after the cistern fight, so all spells etc. are restored.

It is now the day of the Laburnum Festival, where the characters are invited to join the Vashti at an evening reception at Magister Ten's residence.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
This Magister Ten isn't the owner of the suspicious garden, is he?
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases