[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Gear tends to work like powers.

So a laser can be either a "shooting" blast or a "blast" blast. A sword would be a "slash" strike and a blunt weapon would be a "bash" strike.

Remember Slash and Shooting are leathal attacks that can kill.

Damage Benchmarks:
1-2 Small weapons
3-4 Handguns, medium sized weapons, etc.
5-4 heavy weapons
7 heavy weaponry

Assuming you don't loot a body, without using determination or wizardry its assumed that your character would have any items with them that makes sense for them to have on a regular adventure.

However, unlike devices, you don't get determination if I say "you forgot to bring it" or if it "breaks" or runs out of ammo as a Challenge.

Now lets say there is something that you most likely won't have on you that you need. Thats when determination (via retcon or Wizardry) comes into play.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Here is a quick rules brief about damage and other things..

Damage and Recovery
Damage is subtracted from Stamina (after armor reduces it). If you are knocked to 0 or less Stamina on any non 'killing' attack you are knocked unconscious for 2d6 rounds.

When you recover consciousness, you immediately regain your STR (minimum 1) Stamina. You also recover your STR in Stamina per hour.

Stunning
When an attack result in a potential 'stun' the following happens. The must do a STR test (vs damage level). If they fail they are reduced to 0 Stamina and knocked out. If not, they either are stunned for a page (can not make any actions) or are unaffected.

Slamming
Attacks that can potentially 'slam' a target can potentially knock a target back one range increment and stun them depending on the result of their STR test (vs damage level).

Killing
If an attack has a potential to kill and inflicts 0 or more damage, the target must make a STR Test (vs. damage level). Failure means you are knocked to 0 stamina and rendered unconscious. Every page after you loose 1 level of STR. When your STR falls below 0 you die. IF you succeed on the test, you are either just reduced to 0 Stamina and become unconscious or you are unaffected.

You can spend one determination to prevent your STR from dropping for one page.

Other characters can spend a page to stabilize a downed character to prevent the loss of a Strength point, but the character is still unconscious.

Recovering lost strength
You recover 1 STR level per week, or 1 per day of hospitalization and medical treatment. Regeneration and Healing can help you recover lost strength.

If you lost strength then you suffer a -2 penalty to every test until you are fully recovered.

Note: '0 or more damage' means 'the attack's damage level was equal to or more then the target's armor level.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

Attachments

• psiren.JPG
    psiren.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 50

Herobizkit

Adventurer
The world happened, and I missed it. Where did all the posts comes from? :eek:

My posting speed is going to be very sporadic over the next month as I'm going to be prepping to move and attend school. If it's better to just sign out, let me know.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Trust me, I have no idea where the posts come from. :D

It like this game's loves it when people post inconsistantly.

Hell, I'm even tempted to "borrow" Shay's idea about that magic bullet since having blood hound bullets is much more badwrongfun then the "ritual" version I mentioned.. :D

Walking Dad

First Post
I think the speaking the name while loading and the other requirements for using the bullet can be considered a ritual. Not in a magic sense, but still a ritual.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases