[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm newly seeing how unequal the powers are. Flight seems strictly better than wall-climbing.
That's one of the problems with random generation since out of the movement powers, the only good ones are Speed (assuming there is no gridlock or sudden lane changes), flight, andTeliport (if failure didn't stun you at most levels). Sadly, most of the other movement powers aren't that great since the distance they cover per action aren't really decent until you pass rank 7. Then there's wall-crawlling which technically doesn't need any levels past 1.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I must have missed something. Flight is in all ways better than wall-climbing, period. Superpowers, by design, are not 'balanced' against one another. They are what they are, and do what they do. Lists are often all-inclusive in order to be all-inclusive; the GM decides whether each option is available or not. (I wanna play Spider-Man! What? No wall-climbing power? Why not?!)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yeah, but the inequality becomes that much more appearant when you only have like 5 powers max in ICONS. At least with M&M, having an "weak" power like wall crawling doesn't make as much of a dent in your build (depending on PL) since it costs 2pp.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
*G* I remember a character I had in an old Marvel game that had Flight as a power... and he was good at Guns. And had a really weak Darkness power. And he was rich.

And yeah, he was grossly inefficient in a fight. But he made a great patron. ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
I will use another character for formatting and change step by step

ARAC-KNIGHT PL8

STRENGTH 5
STAMINA 4
AGILITY 4
DEXTERITY 4
FIGHTING 6
INTELLECT 2
AWARENESS 4
PRESENCE 1

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 1, Power attack, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery (Stealth)

POWERS
ENHANCED METABOLISM: Immunity Poison, need for sleep, hunger and thirst, heat, cold; 5pp
ARAC-TOUCH: Affliction (resisted by Fortitude, fatigued, exhausted, incapaciated) ; 7pp
AP – WEBATTACK: Affliction (resisted by Dodge, limited degree, ranged, hindered, immobile) 1pp
SPIDER MOVEMENT: Movement 3 (Wall-crawling 2, Swinging 1), Speed 2; 8pp

MARTIAL STRIKE: Damage 2 (strength based); 2pp

EQUIPMENT
Armored Costume (Toughness +2) 2ep
Commlink 1ep
Computer 1ep
Mini Tracer 1ep

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat-Unarmed 3 (+9), Expertise (Computer) 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidate 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10)

OFFENSE
Initiative +4
Shield Bash +8 Close, Damage 6
Unarmed +9 Close, Damage 4

DEFENSE
Dodge 10
Parry 10
Fortitude 8
Will 8
Toughness 6/4*
*Without Equipment bonus

POWER POINTS
Abilities 60 Skills 15 Advantages 4 Powers 23 Defenses 18 TOTAL 120

COMPLICATIONS
MOTIVATION: Motivation - Proofing that he isn't just a soulless clone by helping others and being 'good'.
Personal - Shyness before the media, doesn't like interviews, lets overs take the credits
Social - Confused with murderous "twins".
Personal - The "Stryfe/Cable syndrome."
Enemy - Dark Star Institute.

(Thanks to H4H for the formatting)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases