[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Let me just say... Justice Kill-shot is a testiment to the random tables in icons... and how they could be used to co-copt real life events. :D

Oh and the Iron Age.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I was hoping to see if Shayuri was going to make Prodigy respond to Arch-knight's question before I make the next post (since it was going to lead directly into combat* :D).

* Studies show that large gatherings of heroes always leads to a fight breaking out.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Alright.

Considering that we have at least two Europeans in our game, I'm figuring each round might last 2 or 3 days at most. Luckily, the fight shouldn't last more then 3 rounds considering the amount of damage your group is able to dish out.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
This is the first of several rules related posts that I will be making before I post the next IC post.

DETERMINATION

Determined Effort (House Ruled)
When making a determined effort, you gain +2 bonus to your roll per 1 point of Determination you spend.

To use determined effort, you must first tag one of your hero’s qualities indicating how the effort is relevant to your hero. You can only declare a determined effort for a test where you only get one chance to succeed or where you’ve already tried and failed to achieve the desired success. I get to final say on if you may use determined effort on a test.

Focused Effort
You can spend Determination to shift the trait used for a test, presumably a weak ability for a stronger one. You use his new trait for the test, handling everything the same way.

To use focused effort, you must first tag one of your hero’s qualities. Then you describe how the quality and the new trait apply to the test at hand. I can then accept the test or deny it.

A focused effort can also be declared a determined effort, if you meet the requirements for both and spend the Determination separately. You can tag the same quality for both efforts.

Recover
You can spend Determination to recover lost Stamina: you immediately regain Stamina equal to the greater of your Strength or Willpower level.

You do not need to tag an aspect to recover, but you can only spend Determination to recover once during any given conflict, so use this ability wisely.

Retcon
You can use Determination to retcon certain details about the setting and story during the game.

When you retcon in the game, you pay a point of Determination and define or detail something previously unknown. If I agree, then it becomes true. If I don't you keep your determination and nothing happens. However, there is one limit to a retcon: unlike in comic books, you can not contradict previously established information unless there is some plausibility in why the info was untrue to begin with.

To retcon, you must tag one of your hero’s qualities relevant to the retcon that explains how you came to know or acquire something. You could also retcon if you roll test and end with a major or better success with one of your specialties, thus treating it at as one time quality for you to tag.

Stunts
You can use Determination to perform stunts. These are new applications of your hero’s traits, using them to do something different or unusual.

To perform a stunt, you must tag one of your qualities related to what you want to accomplish (ie a Catchphrase or epithet). Then you describe what you want to the stunt to accomplish and I then can approve it or not.

If I approve you then spend a point of Determination to attempt the stunt and make a test of your trait using its own level as the difficulty. This basically gives you a flat 1d6-1d6 roll. If the test fails, so does the stunt, and nothing happens. If you roll a 0, the stunt works, but there are side effects, If you roll a 1+ the stunt works as planned. Depending on situation I could require you to roll an additional test.

You can declare an attempt to perform a stunt as determined effort, but any Determination spent on the effort is in addition to the point of Determination required just to attempt the stunt in the first place.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Apologies for being quiet but Psiren was raised proper and doesn't say anything unless she has something to say.

Good god with determonation healing I have practically regen!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases