[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Following the Pop-Eye example, if Pop-Eye wanted to say, punch Brutus into orbit. What he would do is invoke/tag his "Strong to the Finish" aspect. This allows him to use a point of determination to increase his attack roll so that he would be more likely to cause a cosmic success (making it so he could knock Brutus into orbit).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Crackshot said:
"Come on, princess. Everyone in this room is a hero, or thinks they are. If you don't have the looks to stand out in the crowd, you don't get noticed. And if you don't get noticed, you don't get credit for your heroism."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGeroywBuo]YouTube - Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - Everyone's a Hero[/ame]

:lol:

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, so lemme throw some ideas at you here, in the form of some aspects.

PRODIGY
Identity: Young tech genius
"I think I've got just the thing for this."
Mentor - AI Core programmed by father
Swank Pad - Father's Secret Underground Lab
Challenge: Didn't actually invent or create suit, and doesn't fully understand it.
Challenge: Chip on Shoulder - Wants to prove self equal to supers, metahumans, aliens, etc... Can be goaded or taunted as a result.
Enemy: Mysterious high tech faction that wants suit for reverse-engineering.

Basically, the hero (codename: PRODIGY), is the son or daughter of a supersmart technocrat who had a secret vault in which he kept his magnum opus...a prototype armored robot-assisted harness that utilized energy systems and molecule-scale engineering that are so far advanced of Earth that they seem almost magical. This genius died under mysterious circumstances. He left a series of almost indecipherable clues though, that his son managed to piece together to gain access to the vault.

After some soul-searching, and learning enough about the machinery to at least maintain and repair it, the child of the greatest scientist on Earth donned the suit and began fighting crime as PRODIGY!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Okay, so lemme throw some ideas at you here, in the form of some aspects.

PRODIGY
Challenge: Didn't actually invent or create suit, and doesn't fully understand it.
Challenge: Chip on Shoulder - Wants to prove self equal to supers, metahumans, aliens, etc... Can be goaded or taunted as a result.

Those work nicely (especially since they give you a lot of wiggle room for using determination).

Walking Dad

First Post
Looks like my hero is the only one with a mundane/secret identity. Maybe it is more a challenge than a benefit... seeing all the stars, geniuses and billionares around ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Considering a few adjustments, like adding the explosive mod to blast.

[sblock=Work in Progress]PRODIGY
Attributes (21pts)
PROwess = 3
CooRDination = 3
STRength = 2
INTellect = 6
AWarEness = 3
WiLL power = 4
STAmina = 6

Specialties (6pts)
Business
Computer
Electronics
Mechanics
Science: Chemistry
Science: Metallurgy

Serial Alter Ego 9 (13pts)

Suit Base Stats (50pts)
- In all configurations, the suited character is assumed to have:
- Stats: 21pts (same distribution as unsuited)
- Specialties: 6pts (same distribution as unsuited)

Powerhouse - Supplemental armor plates, reinforcement to arm and leg myomers to add strength, reinforced 'hammerhands' for physical striking, foot rockets. Combat computer optimized for hand-to-hand fighting.
- +3 Prowess (3pts)
- +6 Str (6pts, counts as power)
- +1 Strike (1pt, Use Str +1 nonlethal damage)
- +5 Flight (5pts)
- +8 Invulnerability (8pts)

Airstrike - Basic armor only for streamlining, secondary back-mounted rockets activated, internal weapon payload extended and armed (20mm rotary assault cannon/100 mm unguided rocket launcher), combat computer optimized for ranged engagement.
- +3 Coordination (3pts)
- +7 Blast (Explosive, Shooting) (8pts)
- +7 Flight (7pts)
- +5 Invulnerability (5pts)

Scout - Sound dampeners engaged as well as optic wrapping subsystems, requires minimum armor; advanced sensor suite.
- +1 Stealth Specialty (1pt)
- +4 Super Senses (4pts, Extended, Radar, Infravision)
- +4 Detect Energy (4pts)
- +2 Awareness (2pts)
- +7 Chameleon (7pts)
- +5 Invulnerability (5pts)

Explorer - Full NBC shielding and secondary armor plates engaged. Armor sealed and operated from integral oxygen reservoir. Secondary rockets engaged.
- +8 Life Support: Cold, Heat, Toxins, Pathogens, Breathing, Pressure, Vacuum, radiation (8pts)
- +7 Flight (7pts)
- +8 Invulnerability (8pts)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Vosa -
"I sense something is wrong with this artificial society of superheroes. Something just doesn't fit right. I would like to have more insight on this matter." replies the altar in it's stony voice.
Could you clarify Xokzatle's comment?

Is he talking about the world's apparent "superhero society" that is based on real-world's celebrity-culture or is he asking about the idea behind the creation of a national/global super-team or the superhero convention-scene?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases