[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Relique, 2 questions.

First, how does Time Control work? I'm considering a "temporal speedster" character. That is, a character who appears to move very fast...but in reality is slowing everything else down and moving normally.

Second, how does power armor work? Do I buy a bunch of powers and give them all the Device keyword and that's it?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'll plug in a small hole right now.

Some adjectives to describe stat levels... and what you could lift at each level.
1 Weak... A heavy sack.
2 Below Average... A child.
3 Average... Several heavy sacks.
4 Beyond Average... A adult man.
5 Exceptional. A motorcycle...
6 Extraordinary... A car
7 Low Super Human... A tank
8 Super Human... A fully loaded train
9 High Super Human... A building
10 Cosmic... A mountain

DISTANCE
Personal: Close enough to touch.
Close: Close enough to hit with a melee weapon or move up to them in a single panel. You can talk normally to people within this distance.
Extended: To far to hit with melee weapons. Within range of ranged weapons (like handguns and arrows). YOU HAVE TO SHOUT IN ORDER TO COMMUNICATE!
Visual: As far as you can see. You must use radios, or optics to communicate at this distance.
Beyond: This is beyond you can see. Thins in this range is described in real world terms. Could be 100s of miles, or continents away.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Allright, I'm a bit lost:
What characters are already done or in plans of being complete? Mainly to not step on anybody's toes.
What do I need to roll?

Walking Dad

First Post
If you want to do Random, it is recommend you do the rolls before the background (how to roll, see RdM's great post: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5226009-post12.html

For point buy, you got 45 pts and pay one for each point in abilities, powers and for specialization.

So far 2 characters were rolled, both (ex-) millitary/ supersoldier guys (one is a clone, the other an alien).

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Relique, 2 questions.

First, how does Time Control work? I'm considering a "temporal speedster" character. That is, a character who appears to move very fast...but in reality is slowing everything else down and moving normally.

ICONS said:
Time Control
You can exert control over the flow of time, allowing you to perform a number of effects. Choose two you can do when you get this power, the rest you can acquire as bonus powers*:
• Slow down time relative to you, giving you Super-Speed at your Time Control level.
• Slow down time for those within close range, giving you Fast Attack at your Time Control level.
• “Freeze” time around a subject, like the Paralysis power (p.50) at your Time Control level.
• Place someone (including yourself) in a state of suspended animation, with time slowed to suspend the effects of a condition like poison or the loss of Strength levels while dying. One minute passes for the subject for every (power level x 10) minutes in the outside world.
• Summon duplicates of yourself from alternate timelines, like the Duplication power (p. 31) at your Time Control level.
• Travel in time, going into the past or future or alternate timelines. You can not can actually change history by traveling into the past, by default, assume you create a divergent or parallel universe if you “change history.” Likewise, any future you visit is only a possible future,” not necessarily set in stone. See Postcognition and Precognition under Sensory Powers for more about interacting with the past and future. --Edit: DBZ and string theory ftw!

Edit: * Since these are power effects it cost 1 point per additional, but still count towards the maximum amount of powers.

Second, how does power armor work? Do I buy a bunch of powers and give them all the Device keyword and that's it?

Thats one way... the simplest way.

Other ways you can do it:

Alter Ego/Serial Alter Ego (if you are like Tony Stark and have power suit, for every occasion): Basically make your normal character have lower than 45 points and/or give him Alter Ego 10. Please Note: Serial Alter Ego can be fun since there is an unlimited version where you roll randomly for each suit when you decide to use it.

Your alter ego will could have higher levels in all your abilities (mental abilities might remain unchanged), and the same specialties (you can add some more or higher leveled ones due to "software" upgrades). You then give the suit any power it may need (including wizardry [gadgetry].

Determination WILL be based off Alter-Ego you use at the item. However, any determination you use is taken from all Alter Egos. That way, your suit might run out of luck, but you can still come up with a plan when your out of it.

Device: Wizardry [Gadgetry]. State that each effect is part of your suit. This also allows you to have some add-ons which you might not use all the time (but are based your sending determination to use the power). Problem is this way limits your powers to be lower then your INT.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Lets see... Let's sketch first...

Origin, Prowess, Coordination, Strength, Intellect, Awareness, Will Power, Powers, Power Type

2d6 → [5,6] = (11) Unearthly I

2d6 → [2,2] = (4) 3 Prowess
2d6 → [5,6] = (11) 7 Coordination
2d6 → [5,1] = (6) 4 Strength
2d6 → [2,2] = (4) 3 Intellect
2d6 → [5,2] = (7) 5 Awareness
2d6 → [4,1] = (5) 4 Will Power

2d6 → [5,2] = (7) 3 powers

Roll Lookup

2d6 → [5,2] = (7) Mental
2d6 → [1,5] = (6) Defensive
2d6 → [4,3] = (7) Mental

Roll Lookup

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
If it counts as a challenge, I will just add it to the sheet :)

BTW, I'm very new to Fate based systems, so take it easy on me :blush:

Three Four things:

1) Since this game is set in an old gameworld of mine, one organization which is known to do alot of mucking around with Genetics (and has government ties) is Dark Star Institute. There is a stigma for being associated with them. That being the company tends to have many EVIL mad scientists working for them and they are rumored to occasionally set experiments loose on the public which usually ends with lots of damage, lots of death, and lots of super-heroes and vigilantes getting involved.
2) It is possible that he is based off of an existing template meaning that his serial/model numbers are "X-???". Each has a different power set but same looks. Your clones still do wet work jobs and can be a potential problem.
3) The "Stryfe/Cable syndrome." You are a clone... or maybe you are the original. It's not known which since the lab mixed up the paper work and they implanted memories into the clone's skull. You don't want to be the clone that any insinuation that you're a clone sets you off.
4) Above all, your makers want you back (even if it means you are coming "home" in a body bag).

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Great my background is compatible with the world (got abit of a combined Origins & Clone Saga vibe)...

but I don't lie 4 :(

I thought him more used as face project to hide something darker behind... and to useful in this regard to be eliminated. So, maybe he was a job for the millitary. The millitary and he are fine with one another, but DSI wants him back, but must do so in secret, or the millitary will not be amused. No open hunt, but something more insidious.

also looks that there will be 2 aliens :)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Lets see... Let's sketch first...

Origin, Prowess, Coordination, Strength, Intellect, Awareness, Will Power, Powers, Power Type

2d6 → [5,6] = (11) Unearthly I

2d6 → [2,2] = (4) 3 Prowess
2d6 → [5,6] = (11) 7 Coordination
2d6 → [5,1] = (6) 4 Strength
2d6 → [2,2] = (4) 3 Intellect
2d6 → [5,2] = (7) 5 Awareness
2d6 → [4,1] = (5) 4 Will Power

2d6 → [5,2] = (7) 3 powers

Roll Lookup

2d6 → [5,2] = (7) Mental
2d6 → [1,5] = (6) Defensive
2d6 → [4,3] = (7) Mental

Roll Lookup
Since you are unearthly 1 you actually have 1 less power BUT two of your abilities are increased by +2. So basically you could have 2 mental powers or 1 mental and 1 defense power.

Roll 1d6 twice for each power to determine what you have

Also, don't forget to roll for the number of specialties you have and then select them.

Remove ads