[icons] Unconventional Heroes. [OOC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Great my background is compatible with the world...

but I don't lie 4 :(

I thought him more used as face project to hide something darker behind... and to useful in this regard to be eliminated. So, maybe he was a job for the millitary. The millitary and he are fine with one another, but DSI wants him back, but must do so in secret, or the millitary will not be amused. No open hunt, but something more insidious.

also looks that there will be 2 aliens :)

Those were only suggestions (evil ones). After all, that's only one company (one of the most evil), and there are others that are working for good. Besides...

SPOILER: The US Government did make several super soldiers which are viewed in good light by the public. These include Captain Superior and The Peace Keeper, and the Hooded Patriot.

Wait... Maybe Captain Superior ISN'T a good example... since you will learn he's really somewhat of a douche. But the other two... they are loved by all. /SPOILER.

Yes, I'm aware that I didn't really do spoilers since the world already knows about them.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yeah. But I also needed to state the thing about the other government super soldier projects since The Peace Keeper and Hooded Patriot (who is either dead or retired) were both USHA* founding members. Captain Superior is also a member.

* Could it possibly be that during the "Golden/Silver Age" USHA stood for United State's Hero Alliance and not the United Super Hero Alliance?

Shayuri

First Post
Relique, thanks for the replies!

The Serial Alter Ego thing inspired another question.

How do I determine the levels of the powers within the Alter Egos? What does each level of Serial Alter Ego "buy" me? That is, what's the difference between SAE 9 and SAE 10?

Also, I see that alter egos can only have 4 super powers each. How easy is it to switch between alter egos?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Relique, thanks for the replies!

The Serial Alter Ego thing inspired another question.

How do I determine the levels of the powers within the Alter Egos? What does each level of Serial Alter Ego "buy" me? That is, what's the difference between SAE 9 and SAE 10?
As Steve Kenison stated in one of RPGnet's ICONS threads, that the Power Level of Alter Ego exists for Nullification purposes . That is it helps prevent you from being kick out of your alter ego. Since your characters alternate form is considered a power in itself, if Null Power is equal to your Alter Ego's power level, a test result of 3+ on a straight 1d6-1d6 will nullify it (Minor Null Power successes only cut the power down to half its effective level. Major or greater shuts it down for a number of rounds equal to the Null Power Level).

This is because:

POWER TEST = Effort - Difficulty +/- modifiers.
= ((1d6 - 1d6) + Null Power Level) - Target Alter-Ego +/- modifiers.
= (1d6 - 1d6) + (Null Power Level - Target Alter Ego Level) +/- modifiers

Results
0> =Failure.
0 - 2 = Moderate success
3 - 4 = Major Success
5 - 14 = Massive Success
15+ = Cosmic Success.

If you are a gambler, here are the odds for each result:

Result / Exact Result / Result or Higher
+5 / 2.77% / 2.77%
+4 / 5.55% / 8.33%
+3 / 8.33% / 16.66%
+2 / 11.11% /27.77%
+1 / 13.88% / 41.66%
0 / 16.66% / 58.33%
–1 / 13.88% / 72.22%
–2 / 11.11% / 83.33%
–3 / 8.33% / 91.66%
–4 / 5.55% / 97.22%
–5 / 2.77% / 100%

Also, I see that alter egos can only have 4 super powers each.
Yes, because they get "one less power then the amount you rolled." Which in terms of Point Buy is one less power then the maximum (which is 5).

How easy is it to switch between alter egos?
By default you can do it at will, without rolling. This means it can take one panel to do a full switch. Anything else becomes an challenge.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I seeee...

So really, having excessive ranks in Alter Ego is probably unnecessary, unless you anticipate high level Nulls being thrown around...

And since you can change between AE's so easily, it might better reflect a single reconfigurable suit, than five separate ones. A suit that can be altered for specializations in different sorts of environments and combat tactics...

I'm still unclear about how to determine the level of powers within the Egos though. For example, if I have an Alter Ego with:

Strength (higher than my normal)
Invulnerability
Blast
Flight

That's a pretty straightforward power armor suit. But what rank are each of those powers?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Woopse! I forgot to answer one question.

How do I determine the levels of the powers within the Alter Egos?
If you want to use point buy you just distribute the points around to you liking.
If you want to use random generation you roll normally (you could have the powers you select as "bonus powers").

There is "Ability Increase" which boosts your strength by +2. The power's level is also for Nullification Purposes. This only counts as a power if your strength raises over 7

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yea, it's the same as the base character.

However, if you want there to be a major difference in power between your base character and your Alter Egos point totals, you can have your base character use 38 pts (which is still a good deal higher in points then a regular human which has a 17 - 24 pt total). I'll also allow you to trade off 4pts in your base character for a 4 point increase in your "secondary characters".

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases