[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

true-darkmoon

First Post
The door to thin inn swings wide open as the sound of a solitary trumpet plays what just passes for the laziest fanfare anyone has ever heard. A small being, no larger than three and a half foot strides in, clad in a garish, brightly colored outfit, and a mischievous gleam in his eyes. He throws a handful of confetti in the air and bows low to all in attendance, his blazing orange beard nearly sweeping the floor. He rights himself and makes his way over to the bar. "I would like to have a bit of tea if you have it, otherwise, just a simple cup of water would suffice." he says as he hands over a few copper coins. He then begins to watch the patrons, idly thinking of the grand stories that he will be a part of.

jkason

First Post
A young man clad in black leather armor and deep crimson slides easily through the doors of the inn. His darker skin and hair suggest southern ancestry, and the vaguely exotic shape of the twin blades he bears on each hip would seem to bear out such assumptions.

He has an easy gait and a similarly easy smile as he enters, though anyone with training finds it easy enough to see the way he uses bright attitude as an excuse to survey and assess the room without posing any obvious threat.

"Remind me never to agree to research assignments," he says to anyone close to him as he approaches the bar to order. "You'd THINK cataloguing rare flora in a deep, dark jungle would mean running into some interesting critters for dinner, at the very least. There was a strapping Ranger playing guide who taught me a useful trick or two, but mostly I was just in for a lot of bug bites.

"Ah, folk can call me Ru, by the way,"
he says, picking up his drink and giving a charming smile.

[sblock=ooc]I'm not actually looking for a game at present, so no one need worry about competition (or counting me against any idle character critical mass). After a MUCH longer than I hoped crawl back to something approaching board-productive, I wanted to pull one of my characters into the Inn to prove to myself I can keep up with semi-regular posting before I try to actually enter another game.

The jungle excursion Ru's discussing doesn't refer to an actual adventure. I just thought it was reasonable fluff to explain how long he was 'wandering the streets' falling behind everyone else he'd started adventuring with. :) [/sblock]

true-darkmoon

First Post
Well Mr. Ru, had it not been for you, those very insects would have been without something interesting for dinner. and to punctuate the notion, Belendwar creates the sound of a small swarm of insects in the immediate vicinity. By the by, the name is Belendwar, but most people just call me Bel. He continues to watch the crowd, and takes a sip of his drink, now a bright pink, while waiting for something interesting to happen.

jkason

First Post
Ru shudders theatrically as the buzzing starts, and verifies it's simply a sonic cantrip, then cocks his head to the pranking caster.

"I'd be the last person to argue with you about the exotic dinner companionship I provide, but I do like to be asked nicely first," he says with a wink. "Well met, Bel. It's been a while since I've been to the Dunn Wright. Are you new, or just a regular I missed on my sabbatical?"

true-darkmoon

First Post
Understandable Bel considers I know I would much rather be asked before something tried to eat me, but I doubt many hungry beasties would do so. Oh, yeah, I just came into town, make my fortune, eat the food, taste the wine he says holding up his technicolor drink​ though to that point I may be a bit off my mark.

Chronikoce

First Post
Finishing off her drink the young elven woman stands from her chair "It was wonderful meeting you all but I think I am going to go for a walk. Perhaps we will meet again for further tails of our grand adventures!"

[sblock=ooc]A friend of mine started a pbp game outside of lpf and I don't think I will have the time to maintain two games at once. As such Triela is going to explore the city of Venza for the time being. Have fun adventuring![/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Thanks, Vincenzo! You're the bestest pal ever!" Boots says, before sticking his nose into the bowl of ale and not coming up for breath for about a half minute, which is just about the time that a tall, thin elf with an angry expression and death's-head facepaint walks through the door. Her clothes have an odd style to them -- they're mostly typical Landellian, but here and there is a bit of understated Goti accents. And for those that know her, she seems perhaps a bit calmer than she was before. But only a little.

Boots excuses himself, picks up the empty bowl in his mouth, and trots over to his Mistress. Sylla looks down at him, her gaze lingering on the empty bowl, and then she looks across the bar to find Vincenzo. "Cadging drinks already?" she asks the eidolon, although it's hardly a question.

Boots looks shifty. "Mwo," he says around the mouthful of bowl. Sylla snorts and finds a table in the corner, away from the crowd. The darkwolf follows her and then curls up under the table, licking the empty bowl.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 46/46
CMB: +7 CMD: 22
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +10, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+8, 1d4+5, 19-20x2) & Longbow (+10/+10 or +12, 1d8+5, 19-20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/2

Boots

AC:
25 (22 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (28 vs. trip)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2 (+6 vs. enchantment)
Perception: +9, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+9/+9/+9, 1d6+9, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack
Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Cyclopean

First Post
A seldom-used side door opens, and a merfolk slithers in. With surprising speed, he moved past the bench Arianna had occupied shortly before--either he hadn't noticed it or didn't know what it was.
Scales the color of steel cover his lower body, which is that of a great fish. His upper body is not quite so unusual, but is unmistakably inhuman. The skin not covered by his light armor is blue, and near his sleeves and collar, dotted with scales like those on his tail. His features are somewhat elven or fey, but his ears are smaller and thin enough to be translucent. A greatsword and several daggers hang from his hip. He seems unaware of the attention his unusual appearance has attracted, but wary.
As he reaches the bar, he coils around an empty stool and uses the counter to hoist himself on top of it. Looking evenly at Grog, he says "I'll have a beer and two waters. Please."

Remove ads