[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck returns to the Inn and is a bit more careful to not knock over chairs. He orders a drink and finds a seat where he can watch the room and relax. He stretches out takes a drink from the mug. "I must admit this is a comfort after traveling he mumbles."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

The gnome looks curious at the woman's advice about odds and shakes his head smiling.

But the dwarf speaks up first, "Hey, naw. Ya want to be givin' advice, ya ante up to play yar own hand!"

The gnome quips, "Oh, you just want me to fold. Luckily, I have the money now. Thank you, miss."

He sits back down and the card game proceeds. A moment later they all flip their cards over. The human actually had them all beat, much to the chagrin of the shorter folk. They groan and grumble. The gnome is shocked at the loss, but he is out of money and looks sheepish at Mystie. "Well, that was most unfortunate... I don't suppose...?"

He thinks better of whatever he was going to ask and slides off the chair. Despite his loss of fortunes, he forces himself to be chipper and he motions for her to follow him to a private booth.

"I owe you the legend. You want your companions to join you?"

GM: Mystie, Mirra, Jonas, Qalabash can post here in reply: Barrow of the Forgotten King
[MENTION=40072]BigB[/MENTION], we are working on taking care of you since Tsaaruck is a bit high for our stuff. I hope to have an answer soon.

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

"A legend?" Mirra asks. "That sounds much more interesting than gold and silver, for sure." She gathers up her pack and her various beverages, and then follows the gnome to the booth. It takes two trips.

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"A true legend that is." Looking about the room, "Qalabash, lets see what this guy's got to say." Looking at the woman, "If you would like, please join us."

Muttering out loud, "Now, muscle, can always use some muscle when traveling. And guys that don't get lost walking across town. That's a good thing too." Looking around, she finds a tall green guy with hefty weapons. Talking to Jonas, "Gentle words, big biceps, yeah. You want to see what we can do with his information. It should be a fun time. Come on over."

Mystie returns to her table to get her food and drink that she was in the middle of. Carrying it over to the unlucky card player's booth.

[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand: coins were
[/sblock]
[/section]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck starts to nod off at his booth and wakes as the other customers in the inn begin to file away to a room somewhere. "Hopefully that Gnome spins a good tale." Looking around seeing the inn fairly empty and quiet the half-orc decides to explore the city and see what strange sights he might find in the big city. After all where he is from the largest building was a hut. Tsaaruck gathers his things and leaves the Inn to explore the city.

[sblock=ooc]Thanks PM, Mowgli, and Grayn. I really appreciate the efforts to find a adventure for Tsaaruck.

He will wander the city for a while and eventually as it begins to get dark he finds himself standing in front of the Brown Auroch Tavern.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Since the gambling gnome has focused his attention on the woman with an astounding array of drinks and on Mystie Thissiledew Qalabash begins to turn away and head to the bar thinking that whatever the issue it is none of his concern. However, when Mystie waves him over he changes his mind and approaches the gnome's booth.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
--[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
The door to the Inn opened, and he walked in with a practiced casualness. His dark hair a wild mess on a handsome, if somewhat scraggly haired face. It is his eyes that draw in the most attention, a bright purple, giving away that he is not completely human. Under the hair, the slight points of ears can be seen, indicating him to have some Elven decent.

His clothes are a bit ragged and he smells of the sea (with undertones of rum). His violet eyes scanned the room for a moment, The Navigator has found his destination. Trixie, the more lovely of the Dunn Wright's barmaids. He makes his way across the room, a half-smile on his face, too friendly to be a smirk, too sly to be a full smile, a carefree aloofness to his stride. He has a seat and quickly grabs her attention.

"Wot'll it be?"

The Navigator looks into her eyes. His smile grows, clear mischief in it. Her eyes quickly look over toward the Orc behind the bar. He follows her gaze, and nods, smile unfading. Well played.

"Why, some rum, love."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The big half-orc drifts over to the others to whom the Gnome was speaking . . .​
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
The door opens and a gnome steps in quietly and adjusts his cloak before approaching the bar. "Bit quiet in here isn't it? How about some fine wine, a red please. Ah yes my manners where have they gone. My name is Cruendithas, bit of a traveler and scholar. Many stories have been told of this establishment as the starting point for brave heroes. What kind of a adventure seeking gnome could I claim to be without visiting and adding my name to the long list of patrons." He accepts his wine and twirls it a bit in a display and sniffs the aroma before tasting. He leans back in his chair taking in the scene within the inn to see whom is present.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases