[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Seeing the men down drinks like there is a shortage of liquid and they need to stock up, she shares a commiserating look with Marla at the bar. "Men." Turning her attention back to her drinking companions she says, "So, gentlemen, I've seen Vincenzo's swordplay, Fulgrim claims skill as an axeman and I've never known a dwarf to overstate his claims at warcraft, Nathan is possessed of celestial spirits that do his bidding, Zoryk has magics powered by his Efreeti blood, and I bear the blessings of my wooded home. Is all of Venza filled with such odd and disparate skill? Or is this unique to the Dunn Wright Inn?"

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Sorcerer 1

Zoryk clears his throat before:"I believe, that people with skills such as ours can be found anywhere but as far as I can tell we are more of an exception than the rule. Although it would seem that we are in great number we have to remember that Venza is a big city and that this inn is a famed establishment for folks with our kind of abilities." replies the young sorcerer with a smile quite happy with himself at such an eloquent, in his mind, answer.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim Ironforge, L1 Barbarian

Fulgrim eyes the new mug of ale arriving at the table, his demeanor already brightening as he sees the darkness exceeds what he had previously somewhat amiss that he had not been served this earlier. With a smile he takes a swig, brushing the foam out of his beard with the back of his hand. "Now dis is a little better! Somethin' wit some heart to it! Fulgrim exlaims. "Thank ye Vincenzo! Dis stuff'll quench a thirsty dwarfs thirst!

Turning her attention back to her drinking companions she says, "So, gentlemen, I've seen Vincenzo's swordplay, Fulgrim claims skill as an axeman and I've never known a dwarf to overstate his claims at warcraft, Nathan is possessed of celestial spirits that do his bidding, Zoryk has magics powered by his Efreeti blood, and I bear the blessings of my wooded home. Is all of Venza filled with such odd and disparate skill? Or is this unique to the Dunn Wright Inn?"

Suspect it takes all types. Just tha' caravan 'ere had several types on it. Just more obvious here at de Inn. Fulgrim replies.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I think Zoryk likely has the right of it," Nathan says. "The Dunn Wright is the place anyone with our kinds of skills is pointed when looking for work, so however rare or common we are, we're going to tend to be concentrated here."

Nathan frowns a moment.

"You know, given that, I should definitely ask someone what kind of protective wards they have in place here."

Tark

First Post
Seeing the men down drinks like there is a shortage of liquid and they need to stock up, she shares a commiserating look with Marla at the bar. "Men." Turning her attention back to her drinking companions she says, "So, gentlemen, I've seen Vincenzo's swordplay, Fulgrim claims skill as an axeman and I've never known a dwarf to overstate his claims at warcraft, Nathan is possessed of celestial spirits that do his bidding, Zoryk has magics powered by his Efreeti blood, and I bear the blessings of my wooded home. Is all of Venza filled with such odd and disparate skill? Or is this unique to the Dunn Wright Inn?"

As if in answer Temarel strode in. He seemed common enough, a powerful looking bow strapped to his back and armor implied he might be some kind of ranger or bard. His apparent youth and nervous demeanor suggested he was terribly new at this. Though his youth might have been deceptive considering his half elven heritage.

What followed behind him was...somethign else entirely. It was beautiful and obviously feminine but most definitely inhuman. It moved gracefully barely a step and a half behind the man. It was naked but resembled more of an unfinished statue of pure white marble with all the necessary features save the details. It's hair trailed behind it in a silvery stream and its eyes were golden orbs gazing out of a beautiful and serene face. In its hand it loosely carried a two bladed sword naked and unsheathed. Despite its apparent beauty it radiated an aura of potential violence that soured its beauty.

They found a table among the crowd that somehow remained empt and sat down.

"I've been told this is where adventurers gather." He said to the creature in front of him.

It nodded. "Yes, beloved. Do they do good?"

Temarel looked around at the boisterous and rowdy crowd unsure how to answer.

"I think so. At least I believe many do. Mostly for money form what I've seen but... I'm trying to think pragmatically too. Father cut me off from the wealth as well as the land and the keep. We'll need money."

The creature nodded again and said nothing. Temarel listened nervously looking around him. The rowdiness of humans and dwarves was terrifying next to the quiet and graceful celebrations of the elves. He had been banished less than a week and already he longed for home. But, if he returned his father would be disappointed and then would have some mad idea to turn him into an explorer, or a book writer, and in less than a week try to transform his son into some other role. No, there's no turning back.

Last edited:

SJRSamurai

First Post

Seeing the newcomer, and quickly noticing his ears, Zoryk moved forward while brushing his hair to reveal his own pointy ears. With a bow the sorcerer said:"Zoryk Wolfheart, welcome to the Dunn Wright Inn, would you care to join us while we wait for work to show up?"

Hoping to put confidence in the young man as Nathan had done for him a few hours earlier, Nathan pointed to the table where he had gathered with his new friends.

Tark

First Post
Temarel was shocked at the sudden attention and the placid faced creature tightened her grip on her weapon but did nothing except follow. He simply nodded and let himself be led to a table where he was sat.

"Um, hello?"

SJRSamurai

First Post

Temarel was shocked at the sudden attention and the placid faced creature tightened her grip on her weapon but did nothing except follow. He simply nodded and let himself be led to a table where he was sat.

"Um, hello?"

As the creature's grip tightened on her weapon Zoryk usual green eyes became seemed to change to orange flames if only for a flicker of a second.

Letting the newcomer join them Zoryk said:"What's your name friend?"

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Um, hello?"

Nathan couldn't help but laugh at the wide-eyed bafflement of the newcomer pulled into the crowd by Zoryk.

"Hello to you. I'm Nathan," he moves to extend a hand, but the marble otherworldly guardian standing nearby gave him pause.

"I promise I don't bite," he assured the creature. Then he rolled his eyes and said to the empty air above his left shoulder, "I told you, that was a request, not an attack." He looks back to the marble woman, saying. "Honestly," he adds.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
to the newcomers he says, "Hi Im am Vincenzo!", then to Marla he says may we have two more of this most wonderous imbibation? Pleeeeese?" Marla the barmaid gives his a motherly look that could cause a stomgiant to shrink back. "Its not for me it for them!" he says defensively. The two new arrivals are handed each a mug of dark, strong smelling ale with a heavy head of foam. ther mugs are purposefull placed far out of reach of the human who identified himself as Vincenzo.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases