[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Qik

First Post
"Please don't tell me the stone got loose," Eanos says with a groan.

Phedilo Crea, the halfling in question, is fazed for a moment by Eanos' question. "No, Master Eanos, it has not." After a brief consideration, he adds, "At least not as far as I'm aware of." He seems to consider the prospect for a moment, and then think better of it. "I do, however, wish to speak to you about a, uhm, related proposition. Perhaps in the back there..." he trails off, looking to catch Grog's eye in confirmation. From behind the bar, Grog nods, barely taking his eyes off the mug he is polishing.

"Excellent. Please, Master Eanos, follow me this way; I'll see to it that some refreshments are provided as well. You haven't happened to have seen Master Ironforge around here, have you? We may be needing his services as well..."

Phedilo's awkward nod to Maui as he heads to the back room seems to suggest he's a bit wary of the huntsman.

jbear

First Post
Getting a bit drunk now ...

"Heys! Mrs Huffling! Why don't you want to talk to Maui? If you be going to whisper about te secrets of te ears and your mischief stone then Maui wants to be listening to te whispering too! Hic."

Systole

First Post
A familiar caterwauling comes wafting in from outside, and several of the patrons visibly wince and move away from the door.

[sblock=Elven]Oh my lady's a trailblazer, trailblazer, trailblazer!
A mighty fine trailblazer she, is she!
All day she lays trail, she lays trail, she lays trail,
And then in the night she lays me!

Oh, drink a little bit, sing a little bit, follow the moon,
Follow the moon from dusk until noon!
Follow the moon all the way!

Oh my lady's a tanner, a tanner, a tanner!
A mighty fine tanner is she, is she!
All day she rubs skins, she rubs skins, she rubs skins,
And then in the night she rubs me!

Follow the moon from dusk until noon!
Follow the moon all the way![/sblock]

The door flies open triumphantly in the midst of the second chorus, and a short, filthy elf lurches into the bar. He strips the last bit of meat off a long bone attached to a suspiciously equine-looking hoof. As he steps inside, he wrenches the hoof off and tosses the bone over his shoulder into the street.

He turns to the bartender and begins to says something in heavily accented elven, then stops himself. He exhales, clearly a bit disappointed. "Oyeh, no more the Jiragan speaking. Ams back to speakings in silly East speaking." As quickly as it came, the disappointment vanishes. "Is time for the drinkings then! And the toad! But no foods -- I just eated, and stills having dessert yet," he says, brandishing the hoof. "Is muchly good for finger-tops and hair shine," he says.

Qik

First Post
The purple-skinned gnome emerges from the back room and makes his way to the bar to get a disproportionately large mug of beer. His elephant/feline conglomerate of a pet follows behind him, on the lookout for things to swallow.

"Oh my..." he mutters at Daylily's appearance. "Now there's a fellow that knows how to party."

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

Lumoi'es
HP:11/11
AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
An bushy faced old man rushes in behind the elf and heads directly for the stairs, an armful of scrolls. He calls out to the barman.

"I'll take a private room. Put it under the name Nevyn. I musn't be disturbed. And if anyone comes around looking for someone called Relic, he's not here!"

And with that he is gone up the stairs.

OOC: Relic Nevyn lvl 3/1 Wizard/Oracle is in the building but won't be descending until his studies have finished. If I remember correctly and understood correctly back when I remembered Relic can attempt to learn 1 spell per real day he is in the inn.

Systole

First Post
Daylily stares hungrily at the cat/elephant eidolon, obviously wondering how such a creature would taste. Meanwhile, patrons of the Dunn Wright who were not previously acquainted with the extraordinarily unwashed barbarian start trying to move away from him, only to find that the more experienced customers took the good seats as soon as they heard the singing. Worse yet, there's an undercurrent of actual sewage to him this time.

His stomach rumbles loudly, and he shifts his weight. From the general vicinity of his backside comes an extended freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

The room is suddenly filled with the aroma of ... hydrangeas? The elf looks somewhat sheepish. "Ams much sorry," he says to a nearby customer, "Is leftover from the little bottles is called 'perfumes.' They was very tasties, but it was much mistake to drinking so many. They is keeping to come back many time. I am sticks to the rotguts now. Is more safer."

[sblock=Decent skill in K:Nature]Hydrangeas are fairly poisonous. Eating the raw flowers causes sweating, vomiting, weakness, and in some case convulsions, coma, and death. He couldn't possibly have been drinking hydrangea extract, or he'd almost certainly be dead.

Right?[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera wanders back into the Dunn Wright fresh from some time spent at her new apartment. For once she's not carrying all her gear, though she does have a new bow on her. She seems to be...petting it and whispering to it. As she approaches the bar she snaps out of it, possibly due to the rancid elf's odor. She starts to sniff in disgust, then reconsiders.

"Grog, can I please get some stew? I'm positively peckish."

"Sure thing. I heard you got yourself a place in town, right after you were talking to me about a long term room. Don't you like me any more?"

Thiera looks taken aback that anybody can take an interest in her doings.

"I, ah, just managed to fall into some good paying work sooner than I expected, and since I'm planning on staying in town for some time..."

Understanding, or rather misunderstanding, dawns on her and she looks down sheepishly, though she's not really sure why, "I'm sorry if it seems like I didn't consider-"

Grog gives a hearty laugh.

"I'm just teasing you, so don't worry about it. I'm glad you've already found yourself a permanent place...it frees up a room for me to overcharge visitors for. I'll have Trixie bring your stew to you when it's ready."

As Thiera heads over to a corner table she frowns and shakes her head, puzzling over this confusing process of dealing with others.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos nods to his former employer's desire for privacy, though he finds himself standing, fascinated, at the entry of Daylily. It takes him awhile to assess exactly what manner of man the barbarian is, but after the perfumed flatulance, Eanos decides some secrets he doesn't need to know.

"Maui, after all the trouble that stone caused, you really want to find out more?" the bowman says with a wry smile. He pats the inebriated jungle druid on the shoulder, then, and makes for the private room in the back.

[sblock=ooc]exiting to adventure thread...[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases