[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

itsgottabeodin

First Post
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar

The door creaks open, revealing a dark complexioned young woman with extravagant body tattoos and black orbs for eyes. Sana hesitates at the door, this is definitely the place... but that smell! Bracing herself, Sana steps into the miasma and towards the bar. "Ah, bar... person. I was told that this was a place where I might find work?"

Grog rubs the counter with a rag for a moment before responding, "Barkeep."

"Excuse me?"

"Oi'm a barkeep."

Sana rolls her eyes, "Good for you... about the work?"

Grog pretends not to see it, "Uh-huh. Them peoples is coming in here all them time, lookin fer people to do them odd jobs. Ya haves a seat. Ya wants somethin ta drink whiles you waitin?"

"Ahh... a Rhat'Matanis fire wine, if you've got it." Sana settles onto a stool, but lightly catches Grog's arm before he can move away.

Grog looks down at the offending hand, and then slowly back up. "Comin right up... but ya'll need ter let me go first."

Sana colors slightly, "Oh, sorry... I'm not used to the customs here... but, ah..." She leans in, "...does it always smell like this in here?"

Grog just laughs, nodding with his head at Daylilly.

"I see."

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
OOC: I for one am far too lazy to read through the history to figure out how to properly roleplay the barkeeper NPC ;) If it helps, read it in any patois you feel is necessary.

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Grog hands Sana her drink, waving away the flies that seem attracted to the spicy wine.

Squinting one eye, he twists up his rag... and SLAMS his hand onto the counter, squishing one of the flying pests and shaking the bar. "Gotcha!"

[sblock=ooc]If Grog don't appear on Page 1 and Grog on the latest page has perfect diction, then Grog has perfect diction.

Maybe a writing sample in his Wiki would be helpful for future newbies. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A red haired human stands and leaves, apparently needing fresh air from Daylilly's ode de sewage and sweat. He carefully moves past the others, passing close to the fire place where the flames almost seem drawn to him as he passes.

(heading to arcane row)

a couple of hours later he returns and sits far and away from daylilly.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
If Grog don't appear on Page 1 and Grog on the latest page has perfect diction, then Grog has perfect diction.

Maybe a writing sample in his Wiki would be helpful for future newbies. :)

Not sure what you are linking to but that link didn't work for me. Also, it may be short (Grog doesn't speak much and when he does it is to the point) but there is a Grog quote on his wiki page... Just sayin'. ;) Although you do make a good point that that information (like defining characteristics such as speech patterns, etc.) should be noted on the wiki.

And to the guy who keeps calling Marla 'Maria', the barmaid in question is Marla (with an L, not an i).:p[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
Trixie swings by Thiera's table with her stew. She bends down and whispers conspiratorially in Thiera's ear, "I heard your little conversation with Grog, sweetie. I wouldn't get used to anything like that coming out of his mouth. He's at the end of the batch of intelligence potions he found, so he'll be back to the lovable foul-mouthed bartender we know so well soon enough."

She gives Thiera an exaggerated wink before sashaying back to her duties, "Hope you enjoy the stew dear!"

OOC: I don't know how I missed the Grog snippet, but hopefully I've resolved the (admittedly absurd) situation for the time being. It's been a fun distraction during my workday though, so thanks!

jbear

First Post
Tucked away in a quiet room Relic prepares himself for his study. He opens the scroll "Hideous Laughter" and begins to study it earnestly hoping his understanding will be such that he is capable of writing into his own book.

OOC: Uses Read Magic to decipher scroll

He studies the spell for an hour ...

After much cursing and banging of head upon the wall Relic manages to nut it out. His head bursting with a splitting head ache he bites his lip and focuses his flagging energy long enough to scribe the scroll meticulously into his spellbook. An hour later, absolutely exhausted from his effort, he lays his head upon the table and moments later is snoring sonorously.

OOC: Phew. -40 gp of ink used; 2 pages of spell book used; Scroll of hideous Laughter vanishes

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Eanos nods to his former employer's desire for privacy, though he finds himself standing, fascinated, at the entry of Daylily. It takes him awhile to assess exactly what manner of man the barbarian is, but after the perfumed flatulance, Eanos decides some secrets he doesn't need to know.

"Maui, after all the trouble that stone caused, you really want to find out more?" the bowman says with a wry smile. He pats the inebriated jungle druid on the shoulder, then, and makes for the private room in the back.

[sblock=ooc]exiting to adventure thread...[/sblock]
Maui's mouth opens and closes as Eanos' leaves. The emotions pass across his face like four seasons in one day. Aware that he has let his guard down momentarily he buries his face in his arm.

"No. Maui has more important things to do" he says in a barely audible voice, certainly not audible to anyone that wasn't nearby and actually listening to him. He stays in that position for quite some time. It's fairly evident he has nothing more important to do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases