[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
After Maui is done staring at the empty doorway the wild elf bolted through after his licking toad he turns and is stopped still upon seeing Cythera.
He catches his breath and forgets to release it, his face turning quite red before his lungs are forced to exhale loudly.

"Hair of Fire ... she has returned" he hisses to himself under his breath. He walks a few steps towards her before turning on his heals and heads for the other end of bar. Catching himself there he gasps: "Brown Water! No ... something that doesn't bloat te belly!"

Without asking what it was and Grog not being too forthcoming Maui swallows it down. He gasps again. "Better. Much better."

He turns back towards Cythera, his eyes full of determination this time. He lifts himself onto legs slightly less shaky now. "Hoho ... you don't know what is going to hit you woman!" he whispers to himself under his breath. With a stride forward he heads her way once more ... before taking a suddenly veering sharply to the left to head straight for an empty chair where he sits down heavily with his back to her.

The fisherman with the peg leg and his patchy eyed friends stop their game of cards staring at the tatooed intruder who has sat down uninvited amongst them. Maui stands back up taking a side step and sitting down at an empty table. He buries his face in his cup. He mutters: "Need to find some adventure ... te Hall of Heroes is making me crazy..."

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto Nysys

The bartender had called out there is work for greenhorns. Well, Tasanto thinks to himself that he should qualify. After finishing his fish dinner, he gathers his polearm and saddlebag from under the table. Making his way through the crowd, he only bumps a couple chairs as he makes his way over to the notice. Talking to himself, Yep, guard duty. The pay should be steady. Making his way down the back hallway, he knocks on the door, waits for an acknowledgement, then walks in.

Qik

First Post
Nimientioquijuil, Level 3 Master Summoner

His legs dangling well above the tavern floor, Ni watches from atop his stool as the others enter the backroom to meet with the recruiters, his eyebrows arching occasionally at the sounds of scuffle therewithin and the subsequent exits. "Hmm, guard duty's not really my thing, too much idleness, if'n's you ask me, I'd rather sit and wait and be patient and hope something better comes along, well, not better, really, too much of a value judgement there - just more to my liking, I suppose."

Ni sips from his mug.

OOC: Hopefully we can get sunshadow's other adventure approved soon!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II

as the red headed wizard stands and exits upstairs, a slight framed human man opens the constantly swinging door of the tavern.

"Ah, Guido, you worry as much as Ma'ma. Just promise mom and dad I will visit longer next time! You covered for me well enough last time so just reassure them that I work on behalf of the good will of the family and Venza! Now stop worrying!"

A shadow passes outside, though weather it be a cloud passing by, or the mood of whoever Guido is, it ishard to tell.

"Thanks big brother" Then the figure in the door way turns around to sit at a seat near the fire. once there he orders a pitcher of wine and a chalice to drink from-then plays the all too familiar waiting game . . . . .

itsgottabeodin

First Post
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar

Sana perks up as the official-llooking men make their entrance -and exit- literally looking over Grog's shoulder as he posts the job notice. She nods, satisfied, and follows Rhydius towards the back rooms.

Sana hesitates, then turns back for a quick pat of Lu's nose... and then extends her hand to Ni, "A pleasure to meet you Ni, perhaps I will see you around? My name is Sana, by the way." With that, and an awkward smile, she hastens after Rhydius and company.

Last edited:

Rhydius

First Post
Rhydius looks over the notice and says over his shoulder to Fae, "Well, it sounds simple enough, I suppose there's no harm in checking it out further." He then makes his way to room 3.

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo- Fighter 2

Curiosity gets the better of him, Vincenzo stands and walks over to the notice, reads it, and returns to his seat with a contemplative look. pouring another chalice of vino with one hand he scratches his lightly stubbled chin with the other.

Systole

First Post
A female dwarf in dockworker's clothes enters the bar. She makes her way over to Grog and hands him a piece of paper. The bartender reads it briefly, then hands it back to her, nods, and jerks a thumb over to a wooden post covered in other advertisements. The dwarf tacks the announcement up where indicated, and then leaves quietly. "New job for ya, all ya scrubs!" Grog announces.
Adventurers needed for pest control & recovery of stolen goods. Apply in person at Franco Specialty Goods, Via di Banchine, Porto Centrale, Venza.
GM: Recruiting 2nd levels for Toad in the Hole. The adventure will likely take 3-4 months, and PCs can expect to level once during the adventure. Shoot me a message if interested.

Recruiting closed! Full up on adventurers.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Speaking to Rhydius, Fae'shiel says "You have fun working that job. I on the other hand have an idea that this job for the cities dockhands will be more in my line of work." As she bows to him and then makes her way out the door and towards the designated location, stopping temporarily at her new lodgings in order to pick up some gear.

Scott DeWar

"Product recovery-right up my alley." he finishes his wine and hurries out.

A few seconds later a human with hair the color of flames returns from being upstairs and sits by the fire; the flames seem to be drawn to him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases