[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
"It was Bugali!" Kells protests to Grog. He, too, pales when he realizes that his commentary was probably overheard as well, and scurries out after the message is delivered.

[sblock=Cythera's Message]Lady e'Kiernan,

If you are still interested in resolving the matter from the other night, please visit me at the Lower Guild at your convenience. I've discovered a clue.

Your discretion in this matter would be appreciated.

Yours truly,
Most Benevolent Seeker of Untold Bounties of Esoteric Knowledge in Service of the Greater Glory of Our Lord Serroth the Wondrous Bearer of the Thirsting Pick Upon the Holy Field of Battle and the Slayer of the Unrighteous and the Cowardly[/sblock]

OOC: @perrinmiller and glasseye I'll get the IC thread up later today.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Folding the note and tucking it away, Cythera looks to Orlando, "It would appear that my trip to visit the young priest in the Planks is going to be sooner. At least that's how I interpret my convenience."

She glances up as the summoner begins calling forth his centaur, taking a sip of her wine and offering to refill Orlando's glass.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
CytheraAvatar.jpg

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

Orlando doesn't get what Venarius is going on about and he certainly doesn't like the looks of the blood ritual that is beginning to take place right in the middle of the very busy Dunn Wright Inn. He points out a section that a passing patron smeared with his foot as he attempted to squeeze past on his way towards an open table.

"Your... thing is smeared over there where that fellow stepped on it. Does that mean you have to redraw it? Maybe you should take it outside where there is more room."

Orlando turns to Cythera with his own message in hand, waves it idly and with a brief shake of the head declines more wine.

"If your young priest is the same fellow my mentor mentions then it would seem we have the same purpose. I'm of a mind to seek out this priest now if you like to travel together."

His glance towards the ritual taking place is more than enough to indicate that he would rather not be around when it finishes.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Sensing Fury's uneasiness Veniarus says simply "Trust me, this is nothing maleavolent, though I wish people would stop stepping on the circle." He says as he redraws another section that has been stepped on. After about 2 minutes of drawing and redrawing of the circle it appears complete. Veniarus finally stands up and says some arcane words in a rather ancient dialect of Elven that it is surprising he even knows considering the fact that he is only a half-elf. With that finished a body begins to manifest inside of the summoning circle. The body of a centuarlike form, the problem however is that this form appears to be unconscious and bleeding profusely from various wounds on it's body.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

OOC: Posted from phone. Tricky. :p

Cythera nods as Orlando wishes to get started sooner, "Okay, just give me a moment."

"Good luck, to you, Ariel. Perhaps we shall meet again in the market district. Veniarus, take care."

She stoppers the wine bottle and returns it to Grog for safekeeping on her return. After using a simple cantrip to clean the blood stains, Cythera waves a final farewell to her former companions and leaves in company with Fury.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
CytheraAvatar.jpg

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel concentrates on reviving the fallen centaur, using a light healing spell to staunch the blood for Cythera to begin cleaning up. Another few prayers to Helina and Kalius is back to full strength.

"Blessed Helina is generous today."

"May She guide you and your new friend, Cythera. Deliver Her justice as your heart tells you."

Having completed her work and farewell, the petite warmaiden sits back down at the table and takes a drink of her fruit juice again.

"Well, Veniarus? What are you and Kalius going to do next?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari and Tagaiwi make their way into the Dunn Wright and look around slowly. He takes note of Ariel talking to Veniarus, who seems to be drawing some sort of symbol on the floor of the inn.

Tagaiwi stretches out on the floor below the stool Pari clambers upon. "Hoi, Ariel, Veniarus. The Dunn Wright's looking pretty empty, eh?"

[sblock=OOC]Just dropping in a little RP so that Pari's retirement isn't a simple disappearance.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Yeah it is a tad bit empty." Veniarus says to Pari. He then turns to Ariel and chimes in "I think Kalius and I have had enough of the life of adventure for now. It is time that we returned to the forest of our birth where we can do some good for the Elves and hopefully settle some problems that have arisen there. Hopefully with our aid some of those problems may finally be resolved."

[sblock=OOC]I am going to do a little bit more RP with Veniarus for retirement purposes, but I think it is pretty safe to say that I am retiring Veniarus in short order. I will make it official in a little while.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
A human woman in gold-trimmed plate armor enters the bar. The billowing white cloak behind her draws a wary look from the half-orc bartender, but he quickly recognizes it is not the mark of the city watch. She steps up to the bar.

"A goblet of wine, if you please," she asks the bartender. He nods and quickly fills and passes one of his less battered pewter cups. "Thank you," she offers.

Finding the bar nearly deserted, she notices the human priestess, the half-elf and the gnome sitting at a table, their odd companions close at hand. It does not take much of a leap of logic for the priestess to conclude that these are adventurers.

She steps up to them. "Your pardon," she offers. "May I join you?"

Larissa-headshot.png

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases