[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
St Ulthar's Medallion

"Having trouble making your quota of frog legs, are you? Goblins? Old gods? This sounds like something that might just be able to help you with, good man." Quillian will grab the tray of his remaining frog legs and his mug of rum, and join the discussion, "Mind if I examine the medallion a bit? I may be able to shed some light on the subject. Lest I forget my manners again, I am Quillian, messenger of the noble stormlords, recently drafted from the sea. The bogs sounds like a wonderful way to transition to life on shore."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The well-dressed halfling in the corner, looking like a noble if anything, hops up and heads over to the table. He pulls a silver locket of some kind out of his pocket, opens it and looks inside, and returns it to his pocket.

"Goblins? In town? Rather an odd development, no? My name is Holphin Halicarnassus, and I would be more than willing to investigate."

gryphon_gold

First Post
St. Ulther's Medallion

Coreuth skittishly turns at the sound of the medallion hitting the table. She glances over at the grizzled drunk, and listens intently as others gather around. Moments later, she bounds over to the frog hunter's table. "I have heard your tale, and I would like to offer my services. I am Coreuth Din'assa, mistress of charm and subtlety. Certainly, you will find me of great aid."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

.... For the time being, Bozzago would continue to listen, his interest piqued by the mention of goblins. Perhaps this was another unfortunate soul he could lend his assistance to.

"Mind if I join you? I'm about out of coin and could use some work before moving on."

"Having trouble making your quota of frog legs, are you? Goblins? Old gods? This sounds like something that might just be able to help you with, good man." Quillian will grab the tray of his remaining frog legs and his mug of rum, and join the discussion, "Mind if I examine the medallion a bit? I may be able to shed some light on the subject. Lest I forget my manners again, I am Quillian, messenger of the noble stormlords, recently drafted from the sea. The bogs sounds like a wonderful way to transition to life on shore."

The well-dressed halfling in the corner, looking like a noble if anything, hops up and heads over to the table. He pulls a silver locket of some kind out of his pocket, opens it and looks inside, and returns it to his pocket.

"Goblins? In town? Rather an odd development, no? My name is Holphin Halicarnassus, and I would be more than willing to investigate."

Coreuth skittishly turns at the sound of the medallion hitting the table. She glances over at the grizzled drunk, and listens intently as others gather around. Moments later, she bounds over to the frog hunter's table. "I have heard your tale, and I would like to offer my services. I am Coreuth Din'assa, mistress of charm and subtlety. Certainly, you will find me of great aid."

Alvise blinks, obviously a bit overwhelmed by the sudden rush of attention.

"Whoa, now, folks," he says. "Slow it down some. There aren't any goblins in town, Holphin. Least none I know of. I'm also a man of limited means. Hardly the sort of fellow that goes hiring adventurers."

Alvise scratches his stubbly chin.

"Of course, there's nothing to stop you all from gallavanting off into the bogs to go goblin hunting. Who knows? Maybe there's even someone here in town that'd be interested in paying you for your troubles."

[sblock=For Quillian]
Alvise's estimation that the cult of Ulthar has dwindled is indeed accurate. There does, however, remain a small following in town, led by a minor merchant prince named Mael Loïc. The matter of goblins potentially defiling a site once held sacred by Ulthar's cult is quite likely something that would greatly interested Mael.
[/sblock]

OOC: By my count, that's up to 7 PCs either directly involved in the conversation or at least eavesdropping.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"While the cult has indeed shrunk, there are still some remaining. Their leader is Mael Loic, a minor merchant prince. I am sure that he would be most interested in hearing your story, Alvise. Irregardless of whose help you accept here, his knowledge would be most valuable to whoever comes to your aid." Quillian will offer insight he had picked up during his own clerical training here in Venza in the last few weeks as he finishes up his frog legs. "I must say, Kanli was quite right; these frog legs are absolutely delicious; I certainly hope that whatever is causing you from collecting more of them can be dealt with before the cook's supply is disrupted."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

OOC: It seems as if the baited hook has been bitten. Time to jerk the line to get it to set. If no one has any objections, I'll set up the in-game and OOC threads for St. Ulthar's Medallion tomorrow. We'll start with interested PCs arriving at Mael Loïc's place of business, and proceed from there.

Edit: I've started an OOC thread at this link.

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
The door quietly opens as a short human man wearing loose robes and sandals walks in. Without a word, he walks up to the bar and takes a seat and gestures the bartender over. Dropping a coin onto the bar, he says, "Ale, please". As the bartender fills his order, he seems to rub his neck as if it is sore and stretches a bit and then scans then finally scans the room. If he sees any Halflings or Gnomes, he'll glance at them and give them a quick nod before turning back to the tankard that has been placed in front of him.

OOC: Level 1 Monk looking for work...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A human lad enters the door with a back pack, rapier and cross bow upon his equipment hooks and straps. His shiney new chin shirt is well made, as one could easily tell.

he walks up to the bar, lays some coin down and asks for a white from the Colinas district. He is given a flaggon and a green tinted long neck wine bottle wth a sealed cork on it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Recruiting for "The Lady of Lake Laguna", Level 2 Characters

The door to the Inn opened once more and a hooded, brown-cloaked halfling timidly entered the establishment, his head turning from side to side as he took in the hustle and bustle of the place. The figure pulled back his cloak and revealed not a halfling at all, but instead a worn boy not nearly yet in his teen years with eyes red from lack of sleep and stress. Such a young lad might be found sweeping in the common area or cleaning dishes in the back for some coin, but never acting as if a patron!

Some of the customers and workers shouted at the boy, telling him that the Inn is not a playroom and to turn back out. The lad found the courage to step further into the inn, but stammered as he pulled at the sleeves of uncaring and somber customers, "Please, don't turn me away. I've come such a long way for help and can't turn back now. I heard I could find heroes here. Wild animals have killed some travelers near my shrine and we desperately need aid!"

OOC: Recruiting for "The Lady of Lake Laguna", meant for 4 characters of level 2.

Remove ads