[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl1 Fire Elemental Sorcerer

"Well met, Zoryk," Nathan says, extending his hand in greeting. "Have to admit I'm still a bit new to all this, myself. Ran off from home to get away from both heaven and hell, and wasn't quite ready for what the world has in it.

"What little I have encountered tells me this: Since everything else is completely unknown, make sure you trust the folk you adventure with. 'Course, haven't met anyone at the Dunn Wright yet who's run afoul of me. Well, Alnar tried to kill me, but he was charmed by an evil elf at the time, so what can you do?"

Having seen Nathan's display of magic, and in light of his statement on trust Zoryk felt that the truth would be best served:"I'm gifted with magic from my mother's side, an old legend claims that Efreeti courses through our veins, I'm living proof. My adoptive father was also an adventurer and he passed on his experience, but he was a swordsman as such much of what he did doesn't apply to my experience." he answered with a smile.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Elenka nods in agreement with some of the other comments made. "Pleased to meet you, Zoryk. I agree with what Nathan has said: surround yourself with companions you can trust to guard your back. Beyond that my experience is too little to say." After his explanation of his background Elenka studies Zoryk candidly. "The blood of the Efreeti is powerful, indeed. Your magics must be strong."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Having seen Nathan's display of magic, and in light of his statement on trust Zoryk felt that the truth would be best served:"I'm gifted with magic from my mother's side, an old legend claims that Efreeti courses through our veins, I'm living proof. My adoptive father was also an adventurer and he passed on his experience, but he was a swordsman as such much of what he did doesn't apply to my experience." he answered with a smile.

"Ah, family inheritance," Nathan says with an ironic smile. "I know that one. My father was an angel. Not a good person, mind you--the kind with wings. Would've rather had the latter, but even after I told off absentee dad, his little friends still stick around." The man spins his index finger in the air, and several small lights flicker into existence, encircling his head. Nathan looks at them and shrugs.

"They' can be self-righteous little curs, but I have to admit, they do come in handy."

jkason

First Post

OOC: Ack. I keep missing posts in-between. Not ignoring anyone.

"Work? Seems ye folk congregate 'ere lookin' fer work and drinks, eh? I must be in de right place then."

"De name is Fulgrim Ironforge. Friends call me Grim though." the bald dwarf introduces himself to those conversing near him.

"I'm sure there are other ways to land a job, but anyone near Venza knows to look at the Dunn Wright if they need able bodies. And I'd much rather enjoy drink, meal, and socializing between jobs than run around trying find trouble. Between you and me, Fulgrim, I think trouble seems to find me well enough without my spending extra effort on it."

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim Ironforge, L1 Barbarian

Zoryk smiled at the display happening before his eyes, looking at the dwarf he said with a smile::) "When modesty came knocking, this one must have been sleeping."

Fulgrim arches an eyebrow from over top his mug as he takes another healthy swig draining the remaining ale. He briefly turns to motion to the woman tending the bar and then a quick finger pointing to his empty mug to indicate he needed another ale coming his way. "Been a long day a'ready. he says to no one in particular.

To da dwarf:
Standing he says, "Well met, Master Ironroge. I am Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II, at your service." He bows as he says this, "But please, just call me Vincenzo."

Fulgrim drops down off the stool and replies A pleasure. Mouthful 'o name Vincenzo. Are ye royalty of sorts?" he continues as he retrieves the fresh mug of ale from the bar and calls to bar missus Liken to open me a tab, missus? as she walks off with a nod.

Elenka nods in agreement with some of the other comments made. "Pleased to meet you, Zoryk. I agree with what Nathan has said: surround yourself with companions you can trust to guard your back. Beyond that my experience is too little to say." After his explanation of his background Elenka studies Zoryk candidly. "The blood of the Efreeti is powerful, indeed. Your magics must be strong."

"Friends at ye back is all ye got. If ye ain't got dat, he got nothin'. Fulgrim chimes in as he works himself a little closer to where the others are conversing, them seeming like a friendly enough group already well acquainted with the Inn.

jkason said:
"I'm sure there are other ways to land a job, but anyone near Venza knows to look at the Dunn Wright if they need able bodies. And I'd much rather enjoy drink, meal, and socializing between jobs than run around trying find trouble. Between you and me, Fulgrim, I think trouble seems to find me well enough without my spending extra effort on it."

"Dats what I was told 'bout this place, if people lookin' for strong axe arms and good dwarf folk to bash things that needed a bashin' dat I start 'ere. Good ta know my info was sound." Fulgrim replies. "A little food 'n drink while we wait to find some trouble is welcome!" taking another swig of foamy ale from his mug.

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl 1 Fire elemental Sorcerer

"I guess it depends on your point of view, my gifts are very much on the destructive side, useful to send enemies running for the hill but for other situations I have to rely on other skills." answers Zoryk.

"Ah, family inheritance," Nathan says with an ironic smile. "I know that one. My father was an angel. Not a good person, mind you--the kind with wings. Would've rather had the latter, but even after I told off absentee dad, his little friends still stick around." The man spins his index finger in the air, and several small lights flicker into existence, encircling his head. Nathan looks at them and shrugs.

"They' can be self-righteous little curs, but I have to admit, they do come in handy."

"I can relate to absentee dad, never met mine and I doubt I ever will, all I know is that he was some kind of elven lord, he could be Harran for all I know and that's something I'd rather not even think about." replies Zoryk with a half-smile.

jkason

First Post

"Dats what I was told 'bout this place, if people lookin' for strong axe arms and good dwarf folk to bash things that needed a bashin' dat I start 'ere. Good ta know my info was sound." Fulgrim replies. "A little food 'n drink while we wait to find some trouble is welcome!" taking another swig of foamy ale from his mug.

"Food and friends are always good to drink to," Nathan says with a smile. He downs the last of his drink and gestures for another. [color-cyan]"Now, dear, tell me Zitteaux's still stocked up on frog legs."[/color] His grin is infectiously large when the barmaid nods knowingly. As she moves off to fill the order, Nathan turns to the others. "First job I landed at the Dunn Wright was a little frog hunt. Turned out to be a bit more exciting than I expected. Boggard. Nasty thing."

"I guess it depends on your point of view, my gifts are very much on the destructive side, useful to send enemies running for the hill but for other situations I have to rely on other skills." answers Zoryk.

"Mine can do a bit of healing, but like I said, they're judgemental. Only like healing 'the worthy,'" the young man rolls his eyes at that. "Then again, they do like smacking the odd saditic bugger, so I can't always complain."

"I can relate to absentee dad, never met mine and I doubt I ever will, all I know is that he was some kind of elven lord, he could be Harran for all I know and that's something I'd rather not even think about." replies Zoryk with a half-smile.

Nathan pats the half-elf on the back. "Sometimes it's better not knowing, really. Knew my grandfather my whole life, and I can't say I'm the better for it. And like I said, even angels aren't angels, know what I mean?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vencenzo shakes his head when asked if he was nobility, "no, nothing like that. Just a well established merchant famiglia

Jkason said:
"Food and friends are always good to drink to," Nathan says with a smile. He downs the last of his drink and gestures for another. [color-cyan]"Now, dear, tell me Zitteaux's still stocked up on frog legs."[/color] His grin is infectiously large when the barmaid nods knowingly. As she moves off to fill the order, Nathan turns to the others. "First job I landed at the Dunn Wright was a little frog hunt. Turned out to be a bit more exciting than I expected. Boggard. Nasty thing."

"A frog hunt, huh? So è a tenuta stagna culo di una rana?
', he asks, not really expecting a reply. Directing to Nathan he asks, "What is a Boggard?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn Staful, L2 Cleric

Tahn's pointed ears perk up as he listens to the conversations flowing around him. As talk turns to bloodlines and absent family members his interest grows. He moves in closer to join the discussion.

"Families certainly have their place but rarely turn out the way everyone thinks they should. Sometimes you're better off not knowing."

He smiles at the assembled adventurers. "The names Tahn Staful, man for hire. Zoryk, right? Have you ever been to Irthos? A fine city for our folk. I grew up there myself. Venza is fascinating, but there is no sight like the Twin Bridges crossing the Tepis River."

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl1 Fire elemental Sorcerer

Tahn's pointed ears perk up as he listens to the conversations flowing around him. As talk turns to bloodlines and absent family members his interest grows. He moves in closer to join the discussion.

"Families certainly have their place but rarely turn out the way everyone thinks they should. Sometimes you're better off not knowing."

He smiles at the assembled adventurers. "The names Tahn Staful, man for hire. Zoryk, right? Have you ever been to Irthos? A fine city for our folk. I grew up there myself. Venza is fascinating, but there is no sight like the Twin Bridges crossing the Tepis River."

Zoryk smiles at the newcomer: "Greetings Tahn, no I've never been to Irthos, I grew up right here in Venza, but I would like to see Irthos one day, are all the rumors true, a home for half-breeds without prejudice?"

"Mine can do a bit of healing, but like I said, they're judgemental. Only like healing 'the worthy,'"
the young man rolls his eyes at that. "Then again, they do like smacking the odd saditic bugger, so I can't always complain."

Nathan pats the half-elf on the back. "Sometimes it's better not knowing, really. Knew my grandfather my whole life, and I can't say I'm the better for it. And like I said, even angels aren't angels, know what I mean?"

Zoryk nods:"I think I do, you can't judge a book by it's cover, even if that cover is supposed to be very nice, angelic even." replies the Half-elf with a smile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases