[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 11




What's on your mind?

  1. #101
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Orlando Furioso

    Fury turns his predatory smile on the bureaucrat. "I believe you mentioned you would pay well. How well would that be?" Fury glances at the big northerner now at the bar and speaks to get his attention. "Hey. You could use a few extra coins, I'm sure. We could use someone who knows his way around a weapon and you look like you can handle that big slab of steel you're carrying around. What do you say?"

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,350

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Fury turns his predatory smile on the bureaucrat. "I believe you mentioned you would pay well. How well would that be?" Fury glances at the big northerner now at the bar and speaks to get his attention. "Hey. You could use a few extra coins, I'm sure. We could use someone who knows his way around a weapon and you look like you can handle that big slab of steel you're carrying around. What do you say?"
    Mordjn smiles at Fury. He brings out a greataxe nearly as big as Fury. "Yeah I can handle myself in a fight, and coin never hurts either" he laughs. "What's the job?"

  • #103
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    "This fellow needs us to track down and deal with some little demon dogs. Nothing that gate-crasher of yours and my little reaper can't handle, I figure. We'll need a tracker; never picked up the knack, myself." He turns his attention to the pair of gnomes and the half-elf who looks like he may or may not be interested. "Any of you got the talent of following a thing's tracks?"

  • #104
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,350

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    "This fellow needs us to track down and deal with some little demon dogs. Nothing that gate-crasher of yours and my little reaper can't handle, I figure. We'll need a tracker; never picked up the knack, myself." He turns his attention to the pair of gnomes and the half-elf who looks like he may or may not be interested. "Any of you got the talent of following a thing's tracks?"

    "I can track. Thanks for asking" says Mordjn with a grin and a friendly elbow that nearly knocks Fury down. "More to me than just the muscles and the axe you know."

  • #105
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Fury takes the good-natured blow with a stumble and a laugh. "I won't underestimate you again." He looks about for the bureaucrat. "Now, about that gold..."

  • #106
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Tahn Staful listens with hands folded into a steeple and elbows resting on the table. He furrows his brows and "hrms" as the farmer describes the problems on his farm. As the others raise their voices to offer support he reaches for his drink and tosses down the rest of its contents. He stands and steps forward to offer his help. "I'll offer my services as well. I'd be interested in seeing these demon creatures."

  • #107
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Fallson is alittle takin aback by all the talk of coin as it is plain on his face. Farmer Jezz is actually in a small state of fright by all the attention and Mordjn branishing his axe. The farmer gulps not sure what to do.

    Trying to take control of the situation once more Fallson speaks up, "Um.. I was only authorized to offer money to one person and that being Guardsman Shieldheart. His reputation and the incident with the Purple Worm at the East Walls, said he was the man for the job." Fallson looks again at the group before him and his yes widen at Mordjn's axe also.

    "But I think I can get approval for a group to take on these demon dogs, seeing as how there may be over a score of them." he says looking at Farmer Jezz as if he had said something out of place. "If you will all follow me. We will talk reward at the guildhouse. Come along Farmer Jezz." Fallson says heading for the door.

    OOC

    Please post yourself leaving the inn and join me at the link above for some adventure.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #108
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,288

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    "I'll just be a sec . . . gotta collect my friend from outside. I'll see you out there in a jiffy!"

    Pari dons his pack and shoulders his scythe as he makes his way through the big folk to the door. From outside a high pitched whistle sounds, followed by the gnomes surprisingly deep voice (fading as he moves into the stables): "Tagaiwi, we're on! Time to make yourself useful, you great overgrown mouser!"

    When the others exit the inn they find Pari standing beside a saddled tiger a few inches taller at the shoulder than the gnome himself. "Ready?"
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #109
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Zelenna grabs the last pieces of bread and cheese and slides them into a pocket. She then jumps off the stool and grabs up her small pack and heads out the door. She nods with a smile to Pari and his kitty. She follows the bureaucrat off to his guildhouse.

  • #110
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,617

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Fury downs the last of his drink and follows the others after the bureaucrat.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2960
      Last Post: Tuesday, 28th October, 2014, 09:53 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •