[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Recruiting for "Sinking Ever Deeper"

The door to the inn opens hesitantly as if the person entering is reconsidering his decision upon viewing those patronizing the establishment. A tall, thin, balding man peers inside and sniffs. It is immediately apparent that he doesn't quite fit in with the normal clientele. His clothes are finely tailored and embroidered excessively with frills. He walks in careful to avoid touching any of the tables and chairs as he makes his way to a part of the bar as far away from the other people at the bar as he can. He nearly turns around at the sight of the heavily tattooed bartender, Marla, but visibly stiffens his upper lip and summons her over.

Fishing inside his inner coat pocket he produces a large folded note with a flourish. He opens it and shows it to her. "I have been told this is the place to hire reliable men. I do hope that it can live up to its reputation." He lowers his voice and continues speaking with Marla for a few more moments. She waves him towards one of the private rooms towards the back. After he is gone she breaks into a grin and shakes her head. Moving to the bulletin board she tacks the note up for all to see before heading back to the bar.

The Note lacks any real detail, but hints at something more than what appears on the surface. It reads:
"Individuals of strong backs and constitution are sought for employment for a simple task. Individuals seeking this position should be prepared for work requiring heavy lifting, problem solving skills, and discretion. Wages to be paid in accordance with the service performed. Standard employment contract included."

OOC: Follow the stranger

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Work has just showed!" Says Vincenzo as he reads the note. he stands and bows to all at the group and quickly exits to the back room, taking his mug of ale with him .. .. .. ..

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl 1 Elemental Sorcerer

Seeing the new annoucement, Zoryk excuses himself to go check it out, smiling the young sorcerer winks to his comrades before heading to a back room.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=SelcSilverhand] Hey I got IVV to look at the creatures and he says they are ok to use as changed in latest email. Also you have your link list as an OOC but have everyone in character? So you will make an IC thread also then?[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim pushes his chair back, his metal armor clinking as he stands and reaches to grab the mug from the table. "Just three ales in an' work shows. Dat seems promisin'."

Fulgrim follows Vincenzo and Zoryk to the private room.

Tark

First Post
Temarel honestly did not know how to respond. He had expected many things but friendliness was not one of them.

"Temarel. I-I'm here in search of work. I was told someone of my skill might be able to start here." Looking around he saw the looks that Sauvressa was getting. "Please do not mind her. She is very...protective She does not mean to offend.

Sauvressa continued to stare and said nothing. Keeping her serene gaze on Temarel and his friendly assailants. She did not even notice when someone took away her ignored mug of ale. Temarel sipped nervously. The drink was strong and heavy, a vast difference from the heady and light drinks his father kept on tap. He was unsure of the etiquette in this place and erred on the side of caution and silence.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova - Summoner 1

Elenka eyes the newcomer and his strange, otherworldly guardian with interest. She glances around as the others draw the newcomer to their table and then hare off into the back room seeking work. Smiling she nods a greeting but is sure to stay some distance from the touchy guardian. "My name is Elenka. Don't mind them," she says with a motion towards those the door to the meeting room. "We've been waiting here a while for work and when that employer came in, well... you understand, I hope."

Elenka pushes back her chair and gets up from the table. "In fact, I think I'll check it out myself. I'm sure you would be welcome. Nathan? Are you coming as well?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
[sblock=SelcSilverhand] Hey I got IVV to look at the creatures and he says they are ok to use as changed in latest email. Also you have your link list as an OOC but have everyone in character? So you will make an IC thread also then?[/sblock]

HM
[SBLOCK]
Aye, I'll be making a new thread for the start of the adventure. Thanks for reviewing the proposal, we'll be off and running before you know it!
[/SBLOCK]

Tark

First Post
Temarel looked around seeing all the people who had welcomed him having disappeared into the room.

I suppose I will. Getting up having barely touched his drink he disappeared into the back room with Sauvressa following close behind.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Elenka pushes back her chair and gets up from the table. "In fact, I think I'll check it out myself. I'm sure you would be welcome. Nathan? Are you coming as well?"

Nathan smiles, but shakes his head. "I think Vincenzo got me a bit too tipsy, and every since life with Gramps, I've avoided any labor that requires a strong back. But you all go and take advantage," he says, raising his mug. He pats Temarel on the back as he moves to part. "Looks like you might be their good luck charm, what with work coming in just after you.

"You'll all have to catch me up when you've returned."

OOC: Looks like Selc is after 1st levels, and since there are more than enough of those (a couple of them first characters who haven't adventured, to boot) and Nathan's actually just a bit shy of 3rd, I'll go ahead and pass on this one. Everyone have fun! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases