[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Elenka nods. "I will then. Farewell, Nathan. Good luck finding work." The young woman makes her way to the back room following after the newcomer Temarel and his unique guardian.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"And luck to you out on the job," he replies, then leans back in his chair, puts his feet up on the table, and closes his eyes a moment, enjoying a stomach full of frog legs and more than a little alcohol.

OOC: No rush on my account, guys. I've actually got family in town and will be online less for the next week, anyway.

And I've considered DMing, HM, but every time I take a look at it, all the math makes my head hurt. I have enough trouble building / keeping track of one character in a game; building several encounters and keep track of a bunch of other PC's is still a bit much for me, I'm afraid.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=jkason] Then keep everything small and build from there I have faith and not just because I am a HolyMan :p[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Roll call to see what we have for available characters for an adventure. I know there are two lvl 2's (Tahn & Nathan) Any other players still about?

I think I might send Darreo in and he could be lvl 2 with a couple DMCs
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
From outside the inn comes a strange caterwauling, as if someone were torturing a sheep. The sound grows louder, coming closer, until the door bursts open and reveals a figure of medium stature. Silhouetted in the doorway, it is difficult to perceive anything besides its pointed ears, and for a moment it looks almost like a goblin of unusually large size. As the figure enters, it becomes clear that it is a somewhat short elf covered in grime and warpaint.

And he's singing ... sort of. He’s bloody awful. As he continues, it almost sounds like Elvish, but the dialect is strange, and the melody is decidedly un-Elvish. It almost seems ... bawdy.

For Elvish speakers:[sblock]
I werre all the lassies was fish in a lake
And I was a trout wi' a slippering jake.
So rail your leg over, rail your leg over,
Rail your leg over the fullin' o' moon.
[/sblock]

Waving a half dozen large, dead rats, he shouts in Common to the barkeep, "City man! Huntings were good and I'll haves much of the drinking. No fluffy wines or such, but the real widdle that you keeps safes for the men of hearty tasting! The grog is I am meanings, and a hearty tasting man's worth of! And soon, as on me being a great noontime thirst. I go to fire now with carry-in lunches."

He glances around the room, and says, "And I gives you now my callings is Daylily of clan Falshenaya. These is names of much honors, and if city-peoples think merry of them, I give you a nose full of forehead and a mouth full of less tooths, yes? Goods."

As he makes his way to the fire, an eyewatering stench precedes him: this is a man who has obviously not had a bath in weeks, if not months or possibly even years. Some of the weaker-stomached patrons turn pale. At the hearth, he sits down, begins to clean and skin the dead rats, and resumes singing in his nigh-incomprehensible Elvish.

More Elvish singing:[sblock]
I werre all the lassies was ducks in a pack
And I was a falcon to dive on their back.

I werre all the lassies was little wee rabbits
And I was a hare for an' learn 'em bad habits.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

After a few bars of elvish singing, the slightly disheveled young man with his feet propped on his table starts from what was apparently an unintended nap, barking out "Watch out! Abzienta's a man now!"

He stops cold when he realizes it was a dream, and blushes as appropriate for his embarrasment. He gives a disarming smile, though, and extends a hand to the newcomer.

"Nathan Tchanlach. Sorry about ... that. There was quite a rowdy crowd a little while ago, but they just landed work, and I'm afraid I nodded off. Didn't realize how much my recent adventure took out of me, I guess."

Nathan frowns a moment as he sees the rats.

"Please tell me Zitteaux didn't requisition those for a new recipe."

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks down at Nathan’s outstretched hand in momentary confusion, but then it registers as the greeting that civilized people use. Before the sorcerer can think better of it, Daylily accepts the handshake with a squelch of fresh rat fluids.

Ha!” he shouts, shaking Nathan’s hand quite energetically (and, by extension, also shaking the rest of Nathan quite energetically). “A city mans who is sleepings in no silly mattress-bed. And who doesn’t not is care about clothing cloths so much,” he adds, nodding toward Nathan’s somewhat rumpled appearance. “Is good hopes for city yet maybe, there being man who is for not to be so …” He trails off, looking for the right word. “Not being so civilizations. Is very goods. I am speaked Daylily Falshenaya.”

Daylily releases Nathan’s hand and turns back to the hearth, where he places the rats, which have been expertly gutted, skinned, and skewered, on the coals. “Come, sitting! Havings food. Is good, is much squeaking fresh. Then after, we will be mate!”

At this time, the waitress brings over Daylily’s grog. As she sets it on the table, she leans over and whispers to Nathan, “Since you've made a new friend, maybe you can talk him into leaving? Or at least getting rid of the rats? Zitteaux is going to have an absolute conniption if he sees this.”

OOC: I don’t think offering to shake hands with a barbarian who’d just been skinning rats was your best move.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Nathan's speechless a moment, simply trying to smile politely. Once Daylily turns his back for a moment, the sorcerer shakes his hand in the air, and with the briefest of shimmering dust-like particles, the gore from the handshake is cleaned.

He's once again befuddled as he witnesses the rat-b-que assembled on the hearth, but when the waitress whispers to him, he nods. He bites his lip a moment, then smiles. He points to the rats on skewers, which inexplicably take on a bright orange coloration.

"That's not supposed to happen, is it, Daylily?" he says innocently, and even as the barbarian sees the orange, strange patterns of purple begin to draw themselves on the rats.

OOC: using the prestidigitation to clean and color

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks over the rats and sighs. “Spirits are talkings to myself again in the eyes. Is back-flash froms too many frog sucking last night,” he says, pointing at a small cage strapped to his belt, which contains a brightly-colored and unhappy-looking toad.

He sadly gathers up the half-cooked rats and dumps them into a grubby belt pouch. “Spirit-talk time not best for cooking. When spirit talks in the eyes, is difficulty to seeing foods burnings. Makes for the bad tasting.”

Daylily looks at Nathan for a second, and you can almost see something click somewhat belatedly inside his head. A huge, gap-toothed grin spreads across his face and he laughs in pure joy. “You is was having spirit talk in the eyes! I was knowed you not city man in here,” he says, thumping his chest. “Is confirming: You are little brother!”

Oh gods, it appears he’s going to slap Nathan on the back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases