[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan knocks his chair over leaping to his feet to back away. He tries a disarming smile to hide the panic as he says, "Nope! Nope, I promise I'm an only child. Granddad beat that one into me well and truly. No siblings. At all."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo Naccarelli - male human fighter 2 (crossbowman)

The door to the Dunn Wright Inn opens once more. But most of the patrons ignore it as it happens so frequently it is probably open more than it is shut.

This time a short wirer human enters. Most would take him for a vagabond at first glance with his unkempt appearance. With two day old stubble and dirt apparent on his (slept in) clothes it is easy to dismiss him as a wanderer or panhandler.

If not for the gear he carries he would be out of place here but the weapons, the over flowing pack, even his dirty clothes tell he is another thrill-seeker or professional problem solver come looking for work.

Walking across the room towards the bar he gives off the sound of bottles clinking together. His boots almost muted by the sound of his gear jingling and moving.

He takes a large very odd crossbow off his back and sets in on the floor along with his pack. Then pulling up a stool he looks at Marla. With a nod he takes her appearance in stride.

"What do you want?"
she asks a little irritation showing in her voice do to the elven barbarians antics.

"A job would be good. An ale would be better."
Darreo says not put off by her attitude.

"Well I only have the ale. just a minute."
she says before going behind the bar. She watches Daylily as she pours Darreo's drink. Turning to look where she is staring so hard he notices the fur clad elf.

"Trouble?" he asks.

"Nothing I can't handle. Just keep to your drinking." she says passing the mug over.

Darreo nods but still turns to watch the men in the room.

jkason

First Post

Nathan looks to the newcomer with a desperate glee.

"Look at that! Someone new. Daylily, see? New people," he says with an enthusiasm that is clearly exaggerated. He moves toward the crossbowman quickly. "Name's Nathan Tchanlach. Pleasure to meet you."

Under his breath he adds, "Don't ask about the rats, trust me."

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks at the new arrival and his broad grin gets broader. He grabs his drink and ambles over. “Is fine days todays. First is much good of squeaking hunt, then am find little brother spirit-seer, now little brother is finding warrior for to be mate, yes? Naming myself Daylily of Falshenaya, I greetings you. And when toad-suck is no more insides, I will make cook the rats meats which was being blessed purple and orange by spirits in the eyes. Then we feast!”

He raises his mug and shouts some sort of incomprehensible toast, and then chugs the full pint of grog in about three swallows.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo Naccarelli - male human fighter 2 (crossbowman)

Darreo nods to Nathan but before he can speak the big fur clad warrior jumps up and gives out a rather odd toast. What really surprised Darreo was that he was taller than the elven barbarian (later he would remember to be surprised that he met an elven barbarian), normally Darreo's stature leaves him looking up at everyone.

While Daylily chugs at his grog Darreo greets Nathan. "Darreo Naccarelli," he says with a nod extending his hand. "I take it your here looking for work as well?" he asks taking in the bearded youth. Nathan was more like the people Darreo was use to - broad shouldered, square jawed, and just a little taller than himself.

After Daylily finishes his grog he asks the elf, "And your not from around here are you?"

jkason

First Post

While Daylily chugs at his grog Darreo greets Nathan. "Darreo Naccarelli," he says with a nod extending his hand. "I take it your here looking for work as well?"

Nathan nods. "Always after then next big thing and hoping the next big thing isn't something that eats me for breakfast," Nathan says.

Systole

First Post
Daylily thumps his empty flagon down and nods in agreement with Nathan. "Is problem of big things. Always they biting, and having many big teeths, and liking of the morning darks. Is much difficulty for breakfasting. Better for to hunting them in daytime, near lunch."

He turns to Darreo. "And no, ams not froms city, yes. Froms much distance across the big water. Have come for wander-far, to seeing many new things, and meets many crazy city peoples, and eating many tasteful cats, and to drinking much of the grogs. Needs more of grogs, too," he finishes with a smile at the barkeep, and then a confused look as he notices her horns, and then a frown once more at the toad.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well I hope someone comes in before lunch then with a job," Darreo says as Daylily gets another drink. The gruff man leans towards Nathan.

"Does this place serve cat?" he whispers with a grimace.

Then outloud he offers, "I am in need of a few funds to help my... hmmm... don't know what our relationship is, but he needs some money with his crafting and I told him I'd help. So he sent me here."

jkason

First Post

"Does this place serve cat?" he whispers with a grimace.

Nathan shakes his head surreptitiously.

Then outloud he offers, "I am in need of a few funds to help my... hmmm... don't know what our relationship is, but he needs some money with his crafting and I told him I'd help. So he sent me here."

Nathan shrugs. "Relationships can be complicated. My mother wound up abandoned by an angel, so I know a little bit about that. Mostly why I tend to avoid them," he says.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Nearly choking on his drink Darreo wipes his chin with the back of his hand. "Your mom knew and angel? How do you avoid them aren't they all about?" he starts to say looking around the room for invisible spirits.

"I'm sorry just new to meeting people. I spent a lot of time alone in the highlands near the Ouhm. Then when I get back to Venza my only companion these last six months has been a talkative gnome. So I'm a little out of practice when it comes to social graces."

Remove ads