[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric's back was turned as the mermaid approaches, admiring the shapely backside of the buxom barmaid. He comments to Syl, "Did ya see the two puppies she has wrestling in her nickers? And she smelled nice too, not the least bit... fishy?"

In that brief moment, Borric considers having that order of rat stew changed to fish-n-chips instead as his olfactory senses draw his mind away from rank smelling whores to food instead. "That smell reminds me of the... Eh?"

Turning around to see what the fuss is about, he exclaims, "Holy ff-, a real fish lady! She certainly looks much better than that fishman we met the other day, huh? Fury, she doesn't look like a dog though."

Now he thinks he better not change his order, begrudgingly accepting that whatever the rat stew is, it had better be good.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury - human male rogue/bard

Fury grins. "Ah! My apologies, err... lady Kazanto. I've seen some strange things in my day but never one of the merfolk from this close." He seems to make some sort of realization as soon as he shuts his mouth. "Not that you are... strange..." He finally falls silent. Clearly he hasn't mastered this diplomacy thing any more than Borric has.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric looks at Fury like he is off his rocker. "Strange!? I never seen a woman swim around on land without feet before. I'd say she is extraordinarily strange. You need some spectacles, buddy?"

The fighter isn't sure his eyes are not playing tricks now that he considers the situation. He rubs his eyes a few times and looks hard at Kazanto again and peers down at her lack of ambulatory appendages.

Inevitably his mind drifts towards practical questions about anatomy and he blurts, "Milady, how do you do... ah.. ya know... it?"

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
"Borrick!" The gnome shakes her head. "I know you play the bumbling oaf sometimes, but really? I know you cannot be that unpleasant unless you really do not want any friends"

The gnome takes a deep breath to calm herself and looks to the newcomer, "I will apologies for this man's lack of ... manners to start."

jkason

First Post
A peasant walks into a bar...

The doors to the Inn burst open, and a short, thin, middle-aged peasant comes in. He stops cold when he looks about, clearly intimidated by the assortment of well-armed adventurers present. He turns around as if to run back out, then stops, shakes his head, and turns back in. He tries to straighten his worn and dirtied clothing a moment, and stands as tall as he's able to announce in a quavering voice.

"Right. So, you lot are supposed to help folk what got odd problems, yeah?" he says. "And I got one o' those, or leastwise I figure I do after I tried ta report it to the constable and he just up and laughed at me. Ya see, I got my house stole right out from under me, an' I need folk can help me get it back.

[sblock=OOC]Setting up recruitment for a 1st level adventure for 4-5 characters.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
From his seat near the fire, Quioan enjoys watching Borrick and Fury as they help dig each other into an ever-deeper hole. I guess that just proves it could always be worse, he thinks to himself. I may not be the most diplomatic of fellows, but I at least know when to shut my mouth.

At the appearance of the peasant, Quioan is quick to act. After all, being new to the city, it would best to prove his worth as soon as possible. Standing up from his chair and moving towards the harried man, he tries to calm the man as best he can. "Slow down there friend. What's this about your house being stolen?"

OOC: I believe I had seen GlassEye give the go-ahead to this somewhere else, but I just wanted to confirm: am I cool to start an adventure even though my character is yet to be approved?

jkason

First Post
Standing up from his chair and moving towards the harried man, he tries to calm the man as best he can. "Slow down there friend. What's this about your house being stolen?"

OOC: I believe I had seen GlassEye give the go-ahead to this somewhere else, but I just wanted to confirm: am I cool to start an adventure even though my character is yet to be approved?

OOC: Yes, it's my understanding that the only thing you can't do without approval is actually receive XP. So as long as you're approved by the time the first award happens (and I don't imagine that will be a problem), you're fine

The man starts as he's approached, but then he bites his lips and responds.

"Yessir, see, I been savin' up for a long, long time for to get my own house, and weren't but three weeks ago I did it. And it were tiny and all, but it was mine, and I don't know a lot of folk like me can say that." The man's expression softens as he falls back into memory.

"I built new shudders for the window and gathered up all the purple berries I could find so's I could stain 'em a pretty color." He smiles, clearly taking pride in the labor he describes. Then he shakes his head, his expression falling as he continues.

"Next day I went to market, and it only took me but a couple of hours, but when I come back, my whole house was gone. Weren't nothing but an empty plot o' land, and nobody could find it or nothin', and then I didn't have nowhere to live nor no money, neither, just my rickety little cart, so I hired on to drive it in a caravan out to the Baronies what border Venza and I figured that was what I got for gettin' all uppity and outta my place.

"Only, on the road, I almost fell outta my seat, but there it was: my house, even with the pretty purple shutters and everything!"

Qik

First Post
Quioan's eyebrows raise at the conclusion of the man's story. He had heard of some unusual events in his time, but this was something else entirely. Still processing the implications of the man's story, it took him a second to speak. In that brief pause where he was searching for words, Quioan examined the man, trying determine if he was bewitched or otherwise not in his right mind. Besides the obvious shock, however, the man seemed normal enough.

Finding his tongue, Quioan began his response. "Well, friend...I have to admit, this is quite a story you have, and I'd be lying if I said that I could fully believe it until I saw it with my own eyes, but I'm willing to take a look myself to see what help I might be. Although perhaps it would be wise if I received some help." With this last statement, he gestured to the crowd of adventurers, most of whom were staring at the man with a mixture of curiosity and incredulity.

jbear

First Post
Relic begins to pull on his boots now dry. He stands up, his back cracking loudly. He finishes his now warm ale with a gulp and wipes the drops from his mustache.

A disappearing house. Well, I'd like to see that. And purple is one of my favourite colours. If you don't mind young elf, I'd like to accompany you. I'll try not to step on your toes. Perhaps I can even learn a few things. And i know the odd trick or two myself. Old dogs and all that.

He smiles warmly awaiting the elf's response, accepting both a yes or a no calmly.

Qik

First Post
Quioan smiles slightly in spite of himself at the old man's way. Purple is your favorite color, indeed. There's definitely more to this 'old dog' than he lets on...

Out loud, he says, "Your presence would be more than welcome. Perhaps I'll even be able to get you to speak in something other than common." Looking around to the others, he adds, "Is there anyone else who wishes to come see this wandering house with us?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases