[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

A handsome though slightly rumpled man clad in dark reds and grays comes out of the same back room Daylily was in. He hangs back a moment, watching the elvish barbarian interact with the folks, then he takes a deep breath and crosses to him.

"Daylily, while you were gone, I had myself a vision. Spirit-talking and the like, you know? And I saw you, hunting, only not in the city like we're about to. Out there, further out. Tracking, well, this might sound odd, but I think you were after a house."

OOC: trying to set up a shift for Daylily between groups, then the 1st level group will be full up at 5: two wizards, an oracle, an alchemist, and a barbarian. Then I promise to stop pussy-footing around and get on the road to house-hunting. :)

jbear

First Post
A smile spreads across Relic's face like wild fire. A laugh bursts forth from his belly and infects the room with its genuine heartfelt joy.

Ready when you are, Dane!

Systole

First Post
Daylily stares at Nathan in open disbelief, and a mouthful of ratmeat falls to the ground with a soft plop. He practically sputters, "Is what you is mean, Little Brother? The spirits says for to go to search for silly city-man's silly house when I is give to wolf-priest the pledge of honor for to find cubs? Are you is sure you hear correct? Maybe you is need more toad-lick for to hearing better? I has toad, if you needing to hear spirits again."

He begins to open the cage on his belt, while the toad, who has clearly been victimized many times before, presses itself into a corner of the box in obvious dismay.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto looks at the herbs Relic offers Daylily with wonder. "What manner of plant is that? And why are they so... crackly?"

She looks around, smiles, and whips her tail around as she twirls about. "So many things different here, so much to learn! What a beautiful place this is!"

She also stops to stare at Daylily's toad. "And this is.. for licking?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Seeing that the scab novices are getting ready to go slay baby dragons, puppies, or whatever, Borric mutters a soft question while Zelena is busy casting her spell, "Do ya mind if I steal some?"

He nonchalantly reaches for some meat that the gnomish lass hasn't finished yet.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Systole

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=41485]InVinoVeritas[/MENTION] Because Kazanto moves so fast, I'm assuming she's got more of a serpentine motion than the usual awkward hopping.

When Kazanto addresses Daylily, he jumps backward in clear surprise and then spends several long seconds studying her in complete silence. For a moment, he almost reaches out to poke her in order to confirm she is real, but quickly thinks better of it. He crosses his heart with his hand respectfully, palm facing the floor. "I ... I being sorry, Snake Daughter. I was think you only being trick of spirits in the eyes. But I now greets one of the Firstborn of the Snake Mother with most honor."

"The herbs ... Elder Nevyn was tell the herbs are a test, he say."
Daylily then looks down at the toad, who has noticed the partially unclasped cage and is making a push for freedom. Daylily quickly refastens the door, extinguishing a desperate light of hope in the animal's eyes. "This is for to see spirits. With tasting."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

She also stops to stare at Daylily's toad. "And this is.. for licking?"

"I might not try that, miss," Nathan says with a slight look of concern. "The side-effects can be rather disorienting."

He seems torn a moment, trying to figure out how best to phrase a response to Daylily, but then the elf notices the merfolk.

"I ... I being sorry, Snake Daughter. I was think you only being trick of spirits in the eyes. But I now greets one of the Firstborn of the Snake Mother with most honor."

He moves in close to the barbarian, then, acting quickly on his instincts.

"I think there's more to this house business than meets the eye," he whispers to Daylily. "I mean, when's the last time you knew that ancestors to call a child of the Snake Mother to aid in a quest? The gods are hard to know, but I suspect they must have a great stake in this.

"And as your ... spirit-brother, surely I can be counted on to fulfill your commitments to the great wolf? Aren't we all one in the spirit world?"

Systole

First Post
"I mean, when's the last time you knew that ancestors to call a child of the Snake Mother to aid in a quest? The gods are hard to know, but I suspect they must have a great stake in this."

[sblock=ooc]Let's throw this out to chance. There's got to be at least a story or two about merfolk in Jiragan histories, and there's about a hundred honored names, so it was an ancestral bearer of the name Daylily on a 00, and about a dozen clans so it was a Falshenaya on a 12...

...but, no such luck: http://www.enworld.org/forum/subscriber-articles/293988-en-worlds-new-dice-roller-2.html#post5538401
[/sblock]

Daylily ponders this. "I is not being sure when is last time. In time of Yellow Shrieking Mushrooms, I am maybe think? Was being Oakenbow of Clan Shar much fight beside a Snake Daughter, if I remembering. I only heard story when I beinged young."

"And as your ... spirit-brother, surely I can be counted on to fulfill your commitments to the great wolf? Aren't we all one in the spirit world?"

Daylily is outright puzzled by this. "Is what? Are you say spirits giving my pledge to you?" He thinks for a moment, and nods solemnly. "Is happen sometime, for spirits take away pledge or make demand pledge. I will helping Snake Daughter if spirits saying so."

He leans in to Nathan and says in a whisper, "Is probably good idea of spirits. You are strong fighters for Sun Wolf cubs, but Snake Daughter needing more for fight than Elder Storyteller and ... how you say? ... [Elvish]* ... big little tree-mouse," he adds with a nod at Quioan.

[sblock=*for Elvish-speaking eavesdroppers]"Great wee squirrel."[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
"That's a good man," Nathan says, patting Daylily on the shoulder, then quickly moving out of reach for reciprocation. He speaks rapidly, "All right, then, folks, you'll have good Daylily's strong sce... sword arm to help you on your quest, and I'll wish you all the best."

Even as Nathan is moving back to the back room, Ryall looks back and forth between the sorcerer and the rat-roasting, frog licking elf, and says, "Are you sure that's a good...?" But Nathan, all big smiles and fast feet, is already gone.

Ryall shrugs, then, and looks at the five gathered around him. "So, my cart's outside, unless you folk have your own horses? It's most of a day's ride to Roug's land."

GM: Okay, going to set up the In Character thread now before we lose someone. :) I'll post back here when it's up

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases