[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

VVilhem

First Post
Megan walks in and goes straight to the seat where she was sitting at last time.

"Bartender, please give me a drink, extra stout. You won't believe what I had to endure to get my ass back here."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Having finished her side trip to shopping district, Ariel has donned her clerical vestments of Helina once again. After betrayals, swimming in filthy water and delivering Her justice, the petite Aasimar woman is in need of some jovial company and relaxing. Walking back into the tap room, she looks around at the patrons for familiar faces.

Seeing Megan already there, she makes her way over to the table and greets her companion, "Good day, Megan. Are you planning to partake in a good meal here? I heard tales about the Adventurer's stew, rumored to possibly made with rat, but quite tasty. The chef here must work wonders."

Taking a seat, she sets her heavy backpack with her armor and extra gear sticking out on the floor underneath the table and out from underfoot. Deciding she would rather not take the chance on rodent meat, she orders the vegetarian meal with fried rice. Not really much of ale drinker, she orders some herbal tea with her meal.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Javelin

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

VVilhem

First Post
"Ariel! Praise Helina to see you here. Adventurer stew you say? I gotta give that a try. Waiter, one adventurer stew and two ales! Wait what? You don't drink? Then give this lady whatever Helina deems appropriate."

Once the food is there Megan wastes no time chowing down, "Well, if this is rat meat than I'll be damned!" And then she turns contemplative, "Swimming with the sharks wasn't fun. Hell, my scars are still healing. But I sure am glad that there was a way out of that cave. Otherwise we might have dinned on goblin squid meat. And those folks didn't look good to eat..."

"And what did you do with your share of the treasure? I got myself some good knives for cutting." The half elf draws her dogslicers to show Ariel, both of them in much better conditions than the pair she started out with. "The poor blacksmith thought I was crazy when I told him what I wanted. 'Ain't need no masterwork dogslicers to chop meat' he said. Guess he never met no goblin squids!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel enjoys her tea and companionable company.

"Oh Megan, you have no visible scars to mar your exquisite skin. Her divine grace has healed those wounds completely. Those read marks should fade in a few days, particularly with some use of a cucumber compress."

"I would agree, the ordeal of swimming in shark invested waters doesn't appeal to me still."
Nor did the chaffing of her nipples from the cold wet fabric of her scalemail's coarse under-padding afterwards. But she is too stoic of a martial acolyte to voice her discomfort in that regards. At least she didn't drown.

"I was trying to find some nice dwarven-made platemail and matching buckler. But the shopkeeper had none in stock. Instead I purchased an enchanted wooden shield, lighter than my old one so I can cast spells without needing to free my weapon hand. I settled for a well-made breast plate to replace that issued scalemail from our chapter house."

"Also, I did buy a finely crafted morningstar with silver points. I have heard tales of such evil creatures that are hard to kill without silver weapons. I should buy another one made from cold iron, too. There are demons and creatures from the outer planes that are vulnerable to blades made from such metal."

Other than her scimitar on her belt, the rest of her weapons and armor are in or attached to her pack.

"Did you happen to pick up a few sunrods? I heard a loud, boisterous fellow talking about using that to explore in dark dungeons. But instead of carrying it, he had fashioned a few leather straps on his backpack to hold in it place to shine over his shoulder, leaving his hands free. Sounded pretty useful."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Fork and spoon

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

VVilhem

First Post
"Intriguing...certainly beats carrying these big torches around."

Megan takes a scan of the room and its patron, "I under what adventure will be coming our way next."

sunshadow21

Explorer
A tall, well dressed man wearing quality furs and an aura of confidence enters the bar, and after giving the barmaid a notice to tack onto the help wanted board, goes up to Grog, and then disappears shortly thereafter to one of the back rooms. Anyone who goes up to read the flyer gets the following information: "Savi Brothers, Inc. is in need of a small party of qualified adventurers for an important task. A mass interview will be held in one of the backrooms until all positions are filled to the satisfaction of the interviewer. Food and drink will be provided."

[sblock=Expamsion]Expansion is an adventure for 5 characters of 2 or 3rd level, and most characters will level over the course of it, as it is definitely not short.[/sblock]

VVilhem

First Post
Megan gives Ariel an elbow and nods her head toward the notice, "Check that out, looks like work."

Upon checking out the note, she turns to her companion, "Have not heard of Savi Brothers, you? If they are prominent, though, there is less of a chance that they'll betray us like our last employer. I say we give this opportunity a try."

Taking Ariel's arm, Megan proceeds to the backroom. "One more ale, barmaid, on the Savis as that note explained."

sunshadow21

Explorer
As you enter the backroom, the food has not yet arrived, but there are several pitchers of various kinds of drinks sitting on the table with glasses next to them. The man looks you over carefully with a practiced eye as you enter the room; after a brief, but thorough, initial inspection, he motions you to sit down at the table. "Greetings. The food is still being prepared, but the drinks have found their way here, so help yourself while we wait for others to show up to get started."As he speaks, he pours himself a glass of one of the lighter ales before sitting down at the head of the table.

OOC: If you could post class and level, so I have some idea of what I am working with, it would be most helpful. Also, feel free to try knowledge (local) at any time.

[sblock=Knowledge (Local) DC 15]Savi Brothers, Inc. is a local family owned furrier company, dealing with pelts and furs of all kinds.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge (Local) DC 20]The family has recently suffered not only the loss of their father, who founded the business, but also one of the brothers, an adventurer who died on a task to help another merchant with bandits.[/sblock]

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
Megan looks over the drinks and picks a slightly dark-colored ale. "Well Mr. Savi, I don't know much about your business, but you sure know how to pick your ale. If it's good, reliable folks that you need, then look no further than us two. Name's Megan and this here's Ariel." The half elf unabashedly offers her tatooed arm to the man.

OOC: Rogue (archtype Swashbuckler) lvl 2. Unfortunately does not have knowledge local.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases