[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
The soldier calls for another, much heavier drink, having finished his first one very quickly. Anyone who cares to listen hears a string of cuss words that only a professional soldier could put together interspersed with "Captain Peacock," "goblins," and "lighthouse" as he mutters under his breath.

[sblock=A Bad Light]HM still has to look over the adventure for the party returning from A Brief Interlude, but I figured I would at least introduce the NPC to start it.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

<< In the back room >>

Ariel introduces herself to Audra, "Well met, I am Ariel Esimae, warmaiden of justice, serving the goddess of Helina."

Since it appears to be time to go, she snatches a few items of food for the trip to eat later, something that travels well. Grabbing her heavy pack with an "umph" she shoulders it.

"You mentioned funds to properly equip us. Is that the horses or something else? I suppose we will just have to ask Adolfo about that, huh? Very well, I shall be ready to go in a moment or two."

Seeing as they are planning to head out of the city, Ariel takes time to change into her armor and be properly dressed for travel. On the way out of the city, she plans to make a quick stop in the Mystic Pearl and pick up a longspear

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

<< In the Main Tavern Room >>

Seeing the gnome woman come to their aid, the on in Borric's right hand twists and tries to kick him in the gonads, his hairy foot striking nothing but codpiece.
Poppin.jpg

Poppin exclaims, "Ouch, the oaf has a protection down there."

Borric glares at Zelena while this is going on.

Morry.jpg

Morry uses the distraction to try and lift the fighter's coin pouch, but Borric is having none of that. To settle the little guttersnipes back into the place he yanks their collars towards each other, bouncing their skulls together with a thud. Out of their mouths a groan and a "Uggh" escapes.

With Syl's arrival, they now have the thieving pickpockets outnumbered. He thrusts Poppin at Zelena to deal with.

"Lass you want them, you can have this one with the twitching feet. Careful, the fooker prolly bites too. Syl, you got a hex or something to deal with miscreants that try to steal your money."

Now with both hands available, Borric uses his free hand to grab Morry's britches by the seat and lifts him off the ground. He turns to the doors and starts clanking in that direction to toss the annoying halfling out into the street.

"Next time I catch your wandering fingers near my money, you lose the hand, boyo."

OOC: Not sure our crew is going to notice a passive NPC or not while we are occupied. ;) But we are certainly noteworthy enough to catch the militia captain's attention.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Two halflings [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"I think Waltor and I could cook something up for the sneaks. I've been good wtih spiders lately, you know. And everyone knows, spiders do enjoy snacking on halflings." Syl grins at Zelena, hoping that she recognizes he does not, in fact, plan on coughing up a pile of spiders on the cutpurses.

"You two need to be careful, though," he warns the two. "You might catch all kinds of nasties, poking around Borric's pouch."

sunshadow21

Explorer
The soldier looks up at the commotion, and before he gets fully buzzed, manages to intercept Borric on his way to the door. "As entertaining as it would be to watch the halfling swim, I'm afraid I have to ask you to put him down so he can be dealt with properly." At first, Morry sees the intruder as providing an opportunity for escape, but as he takes in the uniform and the size of the man, who was almost as big as Borric, as well as the firm look in the man's eyes, he becomes far less optimistic of the matter's outcome.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Morry.jpg

Morry struggles in Borric's grip, and stops at the witch's mentioning of spiders. Not able to take a joke, he spits "Piss off, spider freak." Resuming his struggle, the pudgy hobbit cannot break the burly fighter's grip.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric views the hobbits as obnoxiously annoying, not really that harmful if you keep an eye on them. He pauses, still holding the now ceasing to struggle Morry, and looks at the large militia Captain with some wariness.

"Hey now, bub. Just what did have in mind? Being the aggrieved party, I think I have the right to play a bit of hobbit toss."

Snarling into Morry's ear, "Ya little snipe, can ya even swim?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: One halfling [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

sunshadow21

Explorer
Mr. Savi stays in the back room as long as there are questions remaining. After the last adventurer leaves the room, he looks at the sword hanging at his side as he speaks quietly to himself, "Your death shall not be for naught, brother." Rising quickly after that to see that any remaining food and drink be dispersed to the other patrons, Mr. Savi returns to his place of business, satisfied he has done what he could to appease his two brothers.

OOC: At this point, I have to thank [MENTION=6667972]galahad0430[/MENTION] for letting me use his character's death to help launch this adventure.

[sblock=Expansion]Game thread has been started for the newest contractors for the Savi Brothers.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Ordinarily, I would have no objection, but the colonel is already not happy with me, and if he found out I let a halfling drown instead of following proper procedures he would have my hide. To that end, if someone could explain just what happened here so I can figure out exactly what the proper procedures for this case are, and we can all return to our previous concerns, I would be most appreciative." While not yet drunk, it is clear that the alcohol is starting to have some effect.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases