[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Gerald007

First Post
Syl watches the interaction with the halfling carefully. He doesn't quite notice the pickpocket attempt upon Zelena, however.

"I hope nothing has happened with Fury. With that summoner out there, harassing us, there is no telling what is going on. Hopefully he will be along soon and we can see if he wants to help at the Lighthouse."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury slips past the halfling scurrying out of the Dunn Wright as he enters. His brows knit as something doesn't seem right then he realizes the fellow has a pouch tied to his belt and one in hand. Quickly he reaches out and grabs the fellow's collar and drags him into the Dunn Wright.

"Anyone lose a purse? This fellow seems to have an extra."

"Oy, ya big frog, lets go already," says Poppin.

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
"Fury! Glad to see you, was a bit worried the summoner had came back for another go-round with you. Yeah, I guess that pouch belongs to Zelena...Borric's little chums apparently had very active hands. Syl turned his attention back to his food as Fury placed his order. "Oh ,and we might have a lead on another job, assuming Zelena isn't through with us. Some sort of business going on with some lighthouse or something..."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury snatches the purse from the halfling's hands and gives him a boot in the rear to push him towards the exit. "Get moving and be glad I'm not turning you over to the White Cloaks." As the halfling scurries out Fury turns back to Sylvain. "Just enjoying a few days at my seaside villa." He winks at the witch. "So, what's this about a job?"

Gerald007

First Post
Gesturing at the Captain, Syl lets Fury in on what was told to him earlier. "Not real sure, but according to the Cap'n here, teh Colonel's got a job that he needs some experienced hands to take care of. Something involving a lighthouse. Manning a lighthouse seems like easy money to me, if that is what's needed. 'course I have a sneaking suspicion it might be a bit more complex than that. It always is."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Poppin tries to protest that the pouch is his, but the swift kick in the pants cuts off his words. He tries a kick at Fury's shin, but misses so badly the man doesn't even notice.

Poppin.jpg

Catching the half-orc bartender looking at him while stomping his way, the obnoxious halfling ducks under a table from view and scoots along under a few more, snatching a drumstick of the plate of an unwary patron. His purloined loot in hand, he slips out the door of the tavern to find his friend in the gutter.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric greets Fury, nodding to the recovered belt pouch, "Hey, mate. Good timing. What's this about a seaside villa? We could have grabbed some good wine, a couple of call girls, and had a party for two, three days."

After Syl mentions manning a lighthouse, he comments, "I don't think the colonel would need outside help for that. Hmmm, lighthouses... You think something took it over? Maybe somebody has been messing around with it and causing shipwrecks. You hear anything like that going on Fury?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

Fury laughs. "We were close to my villa when we were hunting that Summoner. Right there in Planks, next to the fish market, near that burned out building. You remember the one surely though you may have been eyeing the poxy whores that stand on the street 'round about there."

Talk of a lighthouse, and possible trouble there, gets Fury to thinking. "Lighthouse, you say? I think I heard something about a lighthouse a couple of weeks back. Gnome druid I know, Pari, said something about it I think. If Pari said he took care of it I can't imagine this is the same lighthouse." He shrugs. "Whether it's the same place or not, who we gotta talk to to get the job? This colonel-captain fellow?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=Fury]You know that there are a string of lighthouses stretched along the coast north and south of Venza, especially to the south along the treacherous swampy coast to the south, to help ships navigate around dangerous spots. The ones to the south are particularly hard to reach and prone to "invasions" of the monstrous locals and brigands that infest that part of the coast. They are officially watched over by a swamp militia manned by those who live around it's north and western edges, but in reality, even simple patrols are hard enough to mount for the always understaffed and under equipped men who volunteer, or more likely were voluntold, as the city sees it as a good way to handle collecting taxes from that area, for the thankless task. Their headquarters are in a building by the main headquarters for the regular military forces of the city.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury looks thoughtful for a moment as if mentally reviewing his knowledge of the city. "There are lighthouses all up and down the coast of the territory controlled by our fair city; usually manned by local levies. Administration and supply is handled by the Naval Authority, though. So I would guess we need to head to the Capitoli." He sighs. "It's at the far end of Gulls."

Fury starts to make ready to head out when he stops. "Wait. You said something about security. That's a militia or army issue... Scratch that. No need to go to the Capitoli after all."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases