[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: The rules are a page back I think.

Borric, watching Jangles like a hawk to make sure he isn't cheating, doesn't spot anything.

"What's this Hammer business?"

"The last roller is called the Hammer. No insult meant, I assure you."

"Fair enough.
"

When the lady sits down he hands her the dice, "Name's Borric. Costs you five gold pieces for the ante. Costs you a finger if you cheat."

He quickly explains the rules to the newcomer.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

Fury chuckles. "We'd call you Hammer all the time, Borric, but I haven't ever seen you carry one. 'Course it could be buried in that armory you carry around all the time and we'd never know it until you whipped it out to bash some wizard's skull in."

He turns to the new arrival. "None of us know the game well except Jangles there. So, Anna Belacqua, what brings you to the Dunn Wright Inn?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
FYI: Today is the day I will be going over all level ups and awaiting approval characters. This has been an HM public service announcement - Continue on.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna cocks an eyebrow to Borric's finger comment, eyes glancing over his armory, as she pulls out a small stack of coins from her coinpurse.

She places a stack of 5 on the table and says

"The rules seem simple enough... I think...."

Taking another sip of wine she answers Fury

"I recently got back from an expedition of sorts... some trouble with an alchemist and the Order of the Cockatrice. Before that i spent a goodly amount of time in the Courts of Irthos. To answer your question more directly, I suppose I'm looking for work as it were...."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

"Well, you would certainly fit right in at Court. I guess. Never been myself unless you mean the kind with Justices. Heh." Fury motions towards the dice. "Your turn, I believe. The point is 8. Good luck, lady. May your Ship come in, with dashing Captain, diligent Crew and lots of Cargo."

"So, what is it that you do, Anna? May I call you Anna? We've a job possibility in the works and we're a little short on man-power. Perhaps you'd fit the bill. If you are interested, that is."

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna takes the dice from Fury with a nod.

"I'm sure you would like them. The City of Secrets is a most intriguing place. You even have the look of an Owl about you. Anyhow's, I was a diplomat. Well, the daughter of one anyhow. Let's just say that I came into a few powers I didn't know I had and certain circumstances made it necessary to leave, in a bit of a rush. I guess I'm a sorceress now, for whatever that should count. But you can take a girl out of The Bridges, but you can't take The Bridges out of a girl, as it were. As for your venture, would you mind telling me more about it?

She shakes the dice in her hand as she speaks, before rolling them onto the table. Seeing the dice land she remarks:

"Ship, captain, crew and cargo for 8! I think you just might be good luck Fury."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury studies the dice. "Hmm. You equaled the point. I presume if there is a tie we all ante up again and play another round?" He looks questioningly at Jangles.

"Yes," says Jangles nodding. "Though the lady has two more rolls should she wish to reroll her two Cargo dice."

Turning back to Anna he says, "Good luck maybe but not good enough, it seems.

As for the job, there's a bit of a problem with a lighthouse. Not sure exactly what the problem is. We'd have to go see some local militia captain to find out the specifics. I don't think any of us would object if you joined us; sorcery is a powerful tool."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: Let's just drop the last dice on TF's roll. He still has two more throws.

Borric feigns checking his pockets fro his hammer, but settles on his masterwork flail and puts the thing on the table. The chain links clinking, the spiked head clunks.

"This is almost as good for hammering. Mageslayer is more reliable than a warhammer."

Looking at Anna's dice and counting up 7 for her cargo, he says, "Lass, that is not going to cut it. Pony up and roll the six and one again. You got two chances to beat an eight."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

toasterferret

Explorer
"hmm.... This lighthouse job sounds intriguing. Count me in, as long as it doesn't turn out being anything TOO unsavory."

She looks the flail Borric has plopped on the table.

"I suppose every craftman has his tools" she shrugs, before picking up the dice and rolling again.

"6. now do I have to reroll both to try to beat 8 or can I keep the four?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases