[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

He paces momentarily at the entryway, then strides in and approaches the barmaid. Worrying ceaselessly at the small object in his hand, he swallows and asks her, clearly, "My name is Umberto Gabbiano. Excuse me, but I have heard that someone who frequents here happened to find this? Something about a red hand?"

He drops the object in his hand on the bar with a clatter. It is a signet ring, the telltale large gothic G patently visible on the seal.

Nathan quickly swallows the cheese he'd been chewing as he sees the ring drop. He stands, brushing crumbs off his jerkin, and calls to the man.

"Red Hand Society, sir," he says. "I believe we found a ring like that last night in the swamps."

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow lounges in the common room, with her big white lion wrapped around her chair since nobody seems to mind, glad for a bit of shade. She picks her shiny white teeth with a lrage frog bone from the night before as the dandy paces into the Inn. She chimes in where Nathan leaves off, oblivious to the consquences of the news she is conveying. "On rotting hand buried in bog. Thought was dead branch, not dead person-thing. Even Boon not want to touch."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli looks over to Umberto, then to Alnar. "I find that a good night's sleep has made me a new man, Alnar. I think you'll find me quite not who I am."

Leaning in to Alnar, he whispers, "I think it's something legal."

Umberto notes the odd exchange between the sorcerers before responding to the third.

ring23362.jpg

"Yes? Thank you, good sir," he stammers. "It is, I mean, the ring--it belongs to my brother, Carnemorto. He has been missing for the last three days. How did you find it?"

With Willow's response, he blanches and staggers. "Rotting hand? What? By the gods... is he... dead?"

[sblock=ooc]
Recruiting for The Green Faerie, a first-level Living Pathfinder adventure!
Image found at Morning Glory Antiques.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kanli looks over to Umberto, then to Alnar. "I find that a good night's sleep has made me a new man, Alnar. I think you'll find me quite not who I am."

Leaning in to Alnar, he whispers, "I think it's something legal."

Umberto notes the odd exchange between the sorcerers before responding to the third.
[/sblock]
Careful of those mushrooms, they might come back. Alnar says to Kanli, thinking that he is mad.

He turns to the stranger. I did not accompany the expedition where they found the ring, so I cannot say anything about that matter. However, I am willing to help you look into the matter. But this ring looks costly, are you a lord? You will probably rather break out the manor guards or something, instead of hiring experienced adventurers like myself. he says waving his hand.

[sblock=ooc]
Alnar level 1 Red Dragon Sorcerer interested in joining :)
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Ta looks at the nearly panicking Umberto. "As we brought the bad news, can we help you? And yes, we think the owner of the hand is most probably dead. But perhaps someone stole the ring. It has not to be your brother."

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

Interesting. I will send an adventure proposal soon. If Ta is on this one, I don't have to thing for a reason, why he will not join mine ;)

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer (celestial)

"Yes? Thank you, good sir," he stammers. "It is, I mean, the ring--it belongs to my brother, Carnemorto. He has been missing for the last three days. How did you find it?"

With Willow's response, he blanches and staggers. "Rotting hand? What? By the gods... is he... dead?"

Nathan cringes a bit as Willow spits out the details so bluntly, but quickly recovers as Ta steps in.

"You said he's only been gone three days? The hand I found that ring on was ... quite advanced in its decay. Like my friend said, it's possible something else is going on, and your brother is still alive.

"Nathan Tchanlach, and as Ta says, I think we'd be happy to do what we can to clear things up, given that we unearthed it to begin with."

[sblock=OOC]Sign Nathan up. :)[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow nods as she starts picking her teeth again, she pats the big lion on the head gently with the her other hand, his attention focused fully on the dandy now. "Can help too."[sblock=OOC]Sign Willow the lion-shaman, druid up. ;)[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Umberto wipes a tear from his eye. "Oh, thank you, kind sirs, madam. We'll have to get to the bottom of this."

He thinks for a moment. "First, I will have to retrieve the body, and confirm whether it is my brother's. Someone who was there last night? Would you be able to show me?"

Kanli bursts forth. "I will retrieve the body for you! The swamp, it calls!"

Umberto nods. "Good, thank you. Yet there is one more task, something more important, that I will need done. I need someone to find out what, precisely, has befallen my brother." He looks to Alnar. "It is true that I am a lord, but House Gabbiano has fallen on hard times. We no longer hold a manse, nor guard a Gate. Gabbiano has dismissed their retinue, so we no longer have agents in our employ. But we still have coin, and we will pay for information on the recent happenings of my missing brother." He presents a card. "Carnemorto's apartments are at this address. Shall we meet back here, tomorrow? Do you have any further questions?"

[sblock=ooc]
Feel free to take time to ask your questions, and when you are ready, post leaving the inn and head on over to The Green Faerie. If anyone else wishes to join, there's still time and room!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases