[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso - Planks bravo & adventurer

Fury aids Sylvain in soothing ruffled feathers (though he notes the witch snatched his bottle of Semerly...)

"No need for any of that; we're all here to relax and talk about past work while waiting for new."

He pats Vincenzo on the shoulder and smoothes the man's rumpled jerkin.

"I'd test your blade against mine, any day; even with those puffed up blue-bloods of the Society looking on. You want a real test, though, you'd join me in Planks and we'd duel over the canals. All in good fun, though."

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena nods in an impressed manner to Waltor and looks to Anna, Syl, Fury, and Borrick, "You don't say."

"I know, you think when two individuals take up a table to chat, that they might chat in peace." the gnome says and then lets out a giggle and looks to Borrick and back to Waltor, "You know, he'd squish you if he heard you say that."

The gnome puts out her hand again and Waltor climbs aboard and the pair again mvoe to another empty table, "Excuse us, please. And I have not ignored anyone, I have politely said hello and commented, but I was talking to my friend here." They take up another table and continue their talk.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna watches the whole exchange with an interested eye. Turning to Fury she replies Well met again Fury, thank you for the glowing introduction. Borric is just being himself, as he is oft to do. He apparently is as abrasive to Zelena as he is to me." she says, with a coy smile.

"You aren't all that bad Syl. Just don't turn into him." cocking an eyebrow in Borrics direction, who is currently getting in the face of some other poor adventurer.

Taking a sip of her wine, she watches Zelena depart to another table. Looking about to her companions, she asks "So, now that we've gotten rid of that Barghest, whats there to do here? I'm still fairly new to town after all.... and what was that you were talking about with planks and crossing swords Fury?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso - Planks bravo & adventurer

Fury grins boyishly and gives a shrug of nonchalance.

"Just a manner of settling disputes in Ranocchio, Anna. Drop a plank across a canal and then duel across it. The loser ends up with a scratch and most likely takes a little swim as well. But between Vincenzo and myself it would just be a friendly little bout."

He snags his bottle of wine back from Sylvain.

"Here, try a bit of Semerly. Not every day I get to drink this but with our cut of the recovered cargo I'm going to be drinking the best for a while. As for things to do, this is Venza; what isn't there to do?"

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna lets Fury pur her a bit of the wine. "Much obliged. The wine is actually the reason I decided to travel here.... As for that duel, that sounds rather interesting to watch. Are there any similar local traditions for the more arcanely oriented amongst us?" she takes a sip of the wine, giving Syl the once over as she asks her question, a mischievous gleam in her eye.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=borric's quote]
Borric takes offense and towers over Vincenzo, "Listen bucko, ya wanna be rude go find another table to hang out. Now piss off!"

The fighter starts poking the smaller man in the chest to emphasize the point.
[/sblock]
[sblock=sylvain's quote]
Before he could even choke out a retort to Borric's last comment, Syl immeidately jumped up to separate the warriors.

"Now borric, I am sure Vincenzo (nice to meet you by the way) was not being rude. He probably didn't hear you over the din in this place. There seem to be quite a few newcomers around these parts right now. And anyway, there's no reason to poke anyone in the chest, unless its behind closed doors at the brothel," he jokes nervously.

Syl grabs on empty glass and pours the newcomer a drink, offering it politely.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Fury's quote]
Fury aids Sylvain in soothing ruffled feathers (though he notes the witch snatched his bottle of Semerly...)

"No need for any of that; we're all here to relax and talk about past work while waiting for new."

He pats Vincenzo on the shoulder and smoothes the man's rumpled jerkin.

"I'd test your blade against mine, any day; even with those puffed up blue-bloods of the Society looking on. You want a real test, though, you'd join me in Planks and we'd duel over the canals. All in good fun, though."
[/sblock]

A slight grin forms on Vincenzo's face, but it disappears into passiveness a moment later. he sips the wine that seems to travel around him from person to person.

"Semerly, and a nice year. nice to meat you Sylvain. so, a fight in the planks. Is that where you are from, Fury?" he does not seem to be judgmental in his question.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

--- Confronting Vincenzo with Fury, Anna, & Syl nearby ---

While his companions try to be friendly to the rude man, Borric continues to glare down at Vicenzo from close range waiting for an acknowledgement or an apology.

But, the smaller man again ignores the him. Borric, takes his own ale and pours it over Vincenzo's head.

"My friends appear to forget that you have made no move to apologize for your offenses. You want to share our drink, have some ale too, ya pissant."

Borric will not be ignored any longer, brushing off Syl's placating hand on his shoulder and stepping into Vincenzo's personal space to look down at him from 12 inches away.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear) +5 CMD for enlarged
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Ale mug (empty)
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome sighs as she watches Borric act like an ass, again. She looks to Waltor, "A moment if you will?"

She then hops off of her chair, she casts of of her spells and moves to Vincenzo. At a touch, there is a brief burst of wind and the man is dry and smelling of lavender. She glares at Borric and shakes her head, before returning to her seat to resume her conversation with Waltor.

"Apologies friend, you were mentioning your encounter with that monstrosity," she motions to the head on a pike against the wall. The gnome also waves her hand and the prestidigitation spells she cast makes a small breeze to keep the stink on the dead monster from fouling the air too much.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"You are a flea who tries to be a bully. if any needs an apology it would be you apologizing to the whole crowd. Especially Lady Zelena for undoing her cleansing spell, Thank you again lady Zelena, and making her cast it again."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Grog, NPC bartender & retired half-orc fighter

Grog, standing behind the bar, roars loud enough for everyone in the place to take notice. He points directly at Borric and glares unmistakably at the fighter.

[size=+1]" 'Nuff a dat shyte! Settle it down er I toss ya out da water door."[/size]

Remove ads