[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Thanks for the edit, perrin. Hopefully this has de-escalated enough that we can continue without slipping into PvP. ;)

Scott, perrin is right about getting a chance to respond. It's only good form to let him respond before making a second post directed at him.

Anyway, let's continue.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso - Planks bravo & adventurer

Fury looks askance at Vincenzo.

"I may not always agree with him but Borric is still my friend. Maybe someday you and I will be friends, maybe someday you and I will cross swords, but not today. I think you should find someone else to drink with."

Fury pours himself a drink, takes a sip, tilts his chair back on two legs and closes his eyes to savor the rich-bodied flavor of his first sip of Semerly in a long, long time.

Gerald007

First Post
Let them fight if that's waht it will take Syl thinks, turning to face the lovely Anna. "Some arcane competitions might be good fun, Anna. I'm not really from around here, so my knowledge of that area is woefully insufficient. I'm not a huge fan of taking a fall into the river, though, so perhaps there could be a more...dry...method of determining a victor."

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim finishes the last of his ale, wiping the froth from his beard with the back of his arm. He nods to the newly met folks and then says to Vincenzo as he walks by "Headed to da Mystic. Shouldn't be gone too long."

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim returns later to the Inn after his type shopping. Any who noticed him earlier will readily see that the armor he wears is different - now a well fitted breast plate and the axe he carries of different appearance as well, much less worn than his one of old.

He walks to the bar once again, shouldering his way up to it and motioning for another ale. He nods with a smile as the ale is placed before him and he takes it and heads to the tables where the others are sitting and finds an empty chair to occupy.

sunshadow21

Explorer
NPC for new low level adventure

A distraught halfling servant stumbles into the common room, and asks the closest barmaid who to talk to ask for the assistance the Inn is so well known for. After being pointed to Grog, who listens to the servant's concerns while keeping on eye on the argumentative fighters, before announcing to the common room, "Got a job for you greenhorns lollygagging around here. This good fellow has lost something and needs help retrieving it." With that, one of the serving girls sets the halfling up with a pint of ale at a corner table.

[sblock=Something's Cooking recruitment]An adventure for 4 to 5 1st and 2nd level characters.[/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim Ironforge, Dwarven Barbarian 2

Fulgrim leans back in his chair as Grog makes the announcement that another potential employer has arrived. Not seeing the others jumping to their feet, Fulgrim stands, grabs his mug of ale from the table and walks over to the corner table where the halfling sits.

Fulgrim stands beside one of the chairs at the table. "Lost somethin', eh? Fulgrim asks, his free hand resting on the back of the chair, the mug of ale in the other. "Mind if I have a seat and mebbe' ye can tell me 'bout it?

sunshadow21

Explorer
Now that the halfling has had a chance to wash down his nerves with some ale, some of them have left, but he is still clearly shaken. "Not so much me as my master. Yesterday, my master, a minor nobleman whose name I would prefer to not say so as to protect his reputation, and I, his loyal servant, were on our way to the house of a gentleman who had prepared a fantastic feast a week ago for my master's guests in order to pay him and see if he could sample a few of the cook's other recipes. On the way, we were accosted by a gang of ruffians, who injured my master, and stole the money. A friend of my master's suggested that he seek redress here rather than the guard as the timeliness of the resolution would be much better here. To that end, he sent me to see what I could find."

Remove ads