[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Greetings, good sir. As it seems my information was correct that help was available here, I shall let my nerves settle down a bit as I wait for others to reply to the announcement. Would either of you care for a snack? My master may not be rich, but he is not stingy either." The halfling calls over one of the waitresses and orders a tray of frog legs and another drink.

Qik

First Post
The door to the Dunn Wright Inn creaks open, as it has so often before, and in shuffles a purple-skinned, golden-haired gnome. Besides these features, the most obviously arresting are his eyes: streaks of gold and fiery orange dance and swirl throughout his two, overly-large-for-his-head orbs. The gnome looks about, obviously studying what to him are unfamiliar surroundings. Bounding over to the bar, he has to make two attempts to mount the stool, seemingly unfamiliar with dealing with such disproportionate furniture.

"I'll have...uhm...shoot, justgimmeyourfavorite," he considers, then acquiesces to the barkeeps obvious superiority of knowledge. Graciously receiving a frothy mug of lord-knows-what, he gulps it down indulgently, perhaps a little too fast to be experienced with such things, and then looks around. Peering over his mug, he catches sight of the halfling servant who had filed in earlier, looking for help, and calls out with unusual gusto, "Hey! Another short folk! Haven't seen too many around these parts..." Hopping off his stool, he rushes over to the man, mug held firmly in two hands, giving a sidelong look Fulgrim as he does so. Clearly unnerved at the sight of the dwarf, he leans in to the halfling servant. "Hmm...seems like they've fed that one too much: never seen a short folk as wide as he is tall before."

[sblock=OOC]Still need to finalize a few things on the sheet (will do so ASAP), but I wanted to get this bugger in here and reserve a spot in sunshadow's adventure.[/sblock][sblock=Stats] Stats:
Nimientioquijuil

HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMD: 10
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2
Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Unsummoned[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
To the purpled skinned, golden haired little person that just arrived:

Vincenzo raises his glass to greet the new comer, but discovers it is empty. "Uh, merry meet there good sir. Vincenzo is the name. This here is my friend Fulgrim,and yes, he is a bit overfed."

*smirk*

Qik

First Post
"Nimientioquijuil, sir; it truly is a pleasure," comes the gnome's enthusiastic reply, coupled with a vigorous (especially considering his size) handshake. Giving an embarrassed smile, he adds, "Didn't mean any harm by the weight comment - it's just, you know, I've never seen a creature so....stout. And that beard! You must have put a lot of effort into its production." Ni blinks his eyes in wonder, and then takes another swig from his over-sized mug. Giving a sigh of satisfaction, he stares into it and asks, "What do you call this stuff, anyway? It's fascinating."

OOC: Trying to settle on a color I like...
[sblock=Stats] Stats:
Nimientioquijuil
Spells:

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim reaches forward for one of the frog legs as they are placed on the table, nodding a thank you to the halfling host. He eats it quickly, chases it with the remaining ale in his mug, before dropping the clean bone into the empty mug. He motions for another ale to be brought as the purple-skinned gnome comes to the table.

Fulgrim sits silent, a stern gaze locked into the gnome as the comments about the dwarf's weight flow. Fulgrim shifts in his chair as Vincenzo makes the partial introduction and then a small smile breaks across his face as he stands and extends a hand to the gnome. "Da name is Fulgrim as Vincenzo said, lookin' to help this man out with gettin' his master's money back?"

Fulgrim sits again, his fresh ale arriving about the same time. He takes three more frog legs from the plate, taking a little more time to enjoy these as he cleans them, discarding the bones in the empty mug.

With the last frog leg finished, Fulgrim plays with his beard replying to Tio "Eh, beard takes some time to grow. Seems ye havin' a bit of trouble dere with yers!"

"Ye new to town as well?" Fulgrim asks the gnome.

Qik

First Post
"Tio is fine, abbreviations are fine...I know the bigger folk tend to keep things simple," he adds with a wink. You can't quite tell if he's being joking or insulting, or whether he himself knows, for that matter. Taking Fulgrim's hand, his eyebrows arch in clear concern at the dwarf's first comment. "What? This man has been robbed?" He turns to the halfling with a dour expression on his face. "Where do we begin?"

At Fulgrim's beard comment, the gnome scratches his chin, a worried, absent-minded expression crossing his face. "I'd never thought about that before, but I believe you are right, kind sir...perhaps I haven't been getting the proper nutrition."

"And yes, I am new to this part of the world: I come from a small isle to the distant north, and only recently arrived in this part of the world. I'm curious to see what it has to offer! Already there are discoveries!"
he adds, lifting his mug in two hands like a trophy. It appears that the alcohol is having a bit of an effect on his small, untrained-for-it body.

[sblock=Stats]
Stats:
Nimientioquijuil
Spells:

IronWolf

blank
"A frog leg?" Fulgrim offers holding a frog leg out for Tio. "It jest might help dat beard 'o yers!" Fulgrim continues, studying the gnomes face for even the faintest sign of a beard.

"O'er the seas ye came?" Musta' been quite the journey. I prefers da rock under me feet." Fulgrim replies, taking another swig of his ale.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Nim-in tee-ki-jewl? Is that right?"
Vincenzo's mouth twists horribly as he tries-and fails- to pronounce the gnomes name.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

--- Outside the Dunn Wright Inn ---

"You do know that if you hang it here, it will merely rot away. Right?" she mentions as a matter of fact to the man.
Borric frown in consternation.

"Hrrmmm. You might be right. I need to find a good taxidermist don't I? You know where I can find one?"

"But here outside, this ugly creature should not be upsetting those with delicate stomachs. Not there are any of those sorts inside there except maybe some of the new scabs that are just starting their adventuring career."

After letting the hound sniff his hand first, Borric pets the dog and asks Zelena, "What was that you said you fed him?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Ale mug
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases