[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

--- Outside the Dunn Wright Inn ---

Borric looks puzzled, having thought Zelena said something about 'fed him'. He kneels down to check under the dog's hood to be sure.

"Yep, him's a her alright."

While the gnome returns Walter, the fighter plays with the hound getting her to walk on two hide legs, sit, shake hands and play dead. Both having a good old time and Zelena catches the two at it on her return.

Borric grabs the barghest trophy and remarks, "Sure, let's go."

As they begin moving down the street, Borric asks, "Playful pup, I like her. What's her name?"

Take 10 on Handle Animal (+5)

OOC: Creative writing time. Let's go sightseeing. I am with ya, Songdragon. :)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Barghest on a pike
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

sunshadow21

Explorer
"If nothing else, I'm sure that your unusual demeanor will throw the bandits off for at least a second or two."

[sblock=recruitment status]Waiting on Qik to at least get his character sheet submitted and one other person 1st or 2nd level character.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
And then ... job opportunities

Outside

The human and the gnome haven't gotten far when a White Cloak rides by.

"What in the hells is that ... thing?" he calls out, pointing to the head on Borric's pike. He groans. "You're 'adventurers,' aren't you? Why is it your kind are always dragging dead things into town instead of burning or burying them like normal people?

"Never mind,"
he says before either person can answer. "In any case, if you aren't already off to gather more of ... whatever that is, I'm heading to the Dunn Wright to offer some work. Might be up your alley.

"Or at least out of my city,"
he adds the last with a mutter.

Whether Zelena and Borric choose to follow or not, the city guard makes his way to the Inn, tying up his horse outside before he enters.

-----------------------------------

Inside

A clean-cut member of Venza's city guard, the White Cloaks, enters the Inn. He looks around as if half-expecting to have walked into a bar brawl, then shrugs as things seem to be relatively tame.

"Okay, listen up, folks," the man says. "I'm Commander Parsons, serving Venza to keep the peace. I find myself in need of some help with an out of town problem, and since I know this place tends to collect ... " it's clear he's about to say something unkind, but he adjusts: "...folks unafraid to cause trouble, I thought I'd offer up the job here first."

He takes a table near the front door and sits expectantly.

[sblock=Recruitment]Got my approval, so this is the official recruitment for "Distant Relations," an adventure for 4-5 PC's of levels 3 or 4.

Disclosure hopefully without spoilers: This is an adventure requiring subterfuge as well as combat. Disable Device and Bluff are likely to be very useful skills to have. Also, divine PCs whose tenets require them to openly display or employ symbols of their faith may find their abilities more challenging to access during some portions of the adventure. That's not meant to discourage anyone so much as let them know up front that they may need to be a bit more creative. :) [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
"P'haps the halflin' is right, ye could be a distraction!" Fulgrim says in jest.

Fulgrim finishes the last of his ale, placing the empty mug on the table and motions again for the waitress, half turning his head to Tio "I don't see a beard yet. Need another? Fulgrim asks. "How 'bout you Vincenzo?"

With a drink order placed, Fulrim stands and turns to the others gathered in the bar, addressing them in a loud voice "Dis 'ere halfing needs some help gettin' somethin' back from some ruffians. We three plannin' on 'elping, could use another if ye got it in ye!" Fulgrim scans the crowd and then settles back into his seat as the other round of ales arrive.

Qik

First Post
Nimientioquijuil laughs good-naturedly at the halfling's comment, and then turns serious. "We have a saying on Illi Esse: if you walk with the rhinoceros, you shan't lose count. Let us hope our enemies do not walk with the rhinoceros." As if that statement was self-explanatory, he downed the remainder of his second ale and ran his hand over his chin, frowning. "Hmm, I believe you are correct, my stout sir." Banging his mug against the table a little too loudly, he cried, "Bring on the fuel for my beard!" Over at the bar, Grog shakes his head and mutters something about small folk not being able to take their ale.
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the slacking submission of my sheet; I just submitted it, so Ni's ready to go.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl male human witch (4th level)

"Good afternoon, Commander," Sylvain says, standing to greet the official. "Causing trouble seems to be a good chunk of what I do nowadays. I have a few friends around who might be interested in helping with your problem as well."

jkason

First Post
"Good afternoon, Commander," Sylvain says, standing to greet the official. "Causing trouble seems to be a good chunk of what I do nowadays. I have a few friends around who might be interested in helping with your problem as well."

Parsons nods and kicks a chair out. He nods to it by way of offering the witch a seat. "Figured there'd be some 'round. Have a seat. I'm actually off-duty for the day, so..." he signals for Trixie and orders an ale. "I figure I'll probably need the liquid courage to go dealing with the folk here. You want anything while we wait?"

[sblock=ooc]Just glanced at Sylvain and I have to wonder: how did he get such a monster spells known list? Yikes![/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
Following Syl over to the table, Anna gives the White Cloak a polite nod.

"Anna Belacqua at your service, sir. Would you perhaps be in need of a diplomat and arcanist for this venture of yours? I do believe my friend Sylvain here can vouch for me, on both accounts."

She smiles politely and waits for his response.

Gerald007

First Post
"Anna is not only lovely, Parsons, but she is quite skillful with spell slinging. As for me, I'll pass on more refreshments. I've been here a while, and my throwing up on a prospective employer would probably not curry favor. Well, with anyone but Borric..." Syl trails off.

jkason

First Post
Parsons chuckles at Syl's comment.

"An adventurer with a head on his shoulders? Live and learn."

He stands and pulls out a chair for Anna. "By all means, miss, join us. If my cousin's to be believed, someone with a way with words is probably definitely going to be necessary."

Remove ads