[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Human Summoner 3

Elenka gracefully accepts the proffered seat from Commander Parsons. Her brow furrows in thought for a moment before she responds to the Commander.

"I am skilled in summoning magics and have a guardian spirit that I can call who takes the form of a man carved from wood. He is a capable combatant. I presume, since you mentioned having a look at a cult from the inside, that we are expected to infiltrate it?"

She sips from her wine while she waits for a response though a wrinkle of concentration, or perhaps dismay, mars her forehead.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Jkason, my bad. I thought this was an adventure that Syl was waiting for. Apparently, that is a HolyMan adventure in the works, so I am going to wait for that one since I have already been given a slot. Sorry for the mix up on this one. Good luck to the group!

OOC: Not sure what prompted HM's sad decision. Hopefully it's something he'll change his mind about soon. You're welcome to back Syl out if you want, Gerald007. You just need to find an excuse to extract him from the current discussion, then we'll be waiting on a fourth before proceeding.

"I am skilled in summoning magics and have a guardian spirit that I can call who takes the form of a man carved from wood. He is a capable combatant. I presume, since you mentioned having a look at a cult from the inside, that we are expected to infiltrate it?"

Parsons nods. "From what I gather, the temple's not accessible for raiding or sneaking for a slew of reasons, and cousin Inar's decided the only way to get the goods on them is with some spies. Unfortunately, he used up all his own contacts trying to get in other ways, so now they'd see them coming and never let 'em join."

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Appreciate it, jk. I think I am going to hold off a bit, as Syl has a group he has become accumstomed to adventuring with, and hopefully another one will pop up soon. Good luck to your adventure though, I can't wait to read along with it!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka looks to each of the others around the table assessing their potential to infiltrate a cult. She gives the slightest of nods when assessing Yoshiki, the man is very nearly in disguise every day but has a reservoir of hidden strength that the cultists won't expect. Anna she isn't sure about but the woman seems socially capable and likely able to pull it off. The young wizard or sorcerer or whatever his is may be able to manage it but she just doesn't know the fellow well enough, particularly since he hasn't spoken up yet. Her real concern is Drevezh'korol.

"I have no doubts that we can pull off your infiltration. I do have some misgivings about my guardian. He is quite obviously other-worldly in nature and I am not certain how that will take with the cultists. We shall make do, however. I do have a few further questions: Is there anything that is known about this cult? Where is this Martna? And, it embarrasses me to bring it up but what sort of recompense should we expect?"

She sits calmly not looking embarrassed in the least as she pries more information from the guard commander Parsons.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Appreciate it, jk. I think I am going to hold off a bit, as Syl has a group he has become accumstomed to adventuring with, and hopefully another one will pop up soon. Good luck to your adventure though, I can't wait to read along with it!

OOC: No worries. I think there's another 3rd level (quioan; checking with his player) that may be on the way in, and GlassEye's wand idea might be the way to go. Quioan's a ranger, so he has CLW on his spell list, too

"I have no doubts that we can pull off your infiltration. I do have some misgivings about my guardian. He is quite obviously other-worldly in nature and I am not certain how that will take with the cultists. We shall make do, however. I do have a few further questions: Is there anything that is known about this cult? Where is this Martna? And, it embarrasses me to bring it up but what sort of recompense should we expect?"

"Martna's a mid-sized trading city, couple days down the Ouhm," Parsons offers. "As to the cult, it's a new religion, though it's grown at a crazy pace in the few years it's been around. They worship some godling they call 'Owbej, The Living God.' According to them, he's Penk’s long-lost brother. Got thrown out for ... hang on... " the guardsman pulls a small piece of paper from his cloak and reads: "'cast down from the heavens by his jealous brother for wishing to bring empathy to the mortals that his brother taunts and tricks.' Apparently they're pretty popular, or at least they're getting some big donations. But Inar says there's some nasty rumors he can't get proof about, protections rackets, thievery ...

"As to pay, I'm afraid Inar's in a quandry there. He's got the ear of some of the right folk, but none of them want to back opposition to the cult up front. Other than buying your way down and your incidentals, reward's gonna depend on what you can prove. From what he says, the cult's got some pretty deep pockets; if you took them down, I have to assume you'd be getting a share of that. Plus whatever you folks ... ahem ... land your hands on in the meantime."

Qik

First Post
OOC: Take two...

A soot-covered elf appears at the top of the steps, stretching; it seems clear that he had a busy evening, whatever it entailed, and a subsequent late morning.

Ordering coffee at the bar, he surveys the tavern's occupants and spots Commander Parsons. Raising the mug in a greeting, he says, somewhat stiffly, "Good afternoon, commander. What brings you in here today?"

[sblock=OOC]Still waiting on the XP tallies from my last adventure, but Q's otherwise ready to go.[/sblock] [sblock=Stats]
Quioan Scorchsong
HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 14)
CMD: 18
Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +4
Perception: +8
Spells:
- 0: Light, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound
- 1: Mage Armor, Gravity Bow, Enlarge Person
Bonded Item: Unused[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock="If you are having trouble posting"]EnWorld posting is borked currently for at least some of us, in some threads. The way to break in past the brokenness and get a posting is to
1) Click on the Quick Reply, and type a line of text.
2) When it posts, it will change your line of text to an error message.
3) Quick Edit that post, and you can finally add the text you really wanted.

Do not go into the advanced editor. Do not go into preview. If you get there, your post will be locked out with a different error message. The New Reply button is also broken.

I sent email to Morrus who owns the board a few hours ago, but I don't know if he has seen it yet or is working on this.

As a code monkey, I am guessing the return value from the facebook integration is being crossed up with the editor's post processing error code. Therefore, we are seeing error codes instead of our postings. I would bet 2 gp on it.
:)

Edit:
A second method that seems to be working is switching the editor to source mode before posting. (The top right button in the editor.) That method seems to be working when starting from the New Reply button.
Further checking: It looks like things are being fixed. A few things that were broken are working now. So, we are getting back close to normal.

Another edit: Everything appears back to normal, so I reduced this to a spoiler.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

Yo listens to Commander Pearsons intently. "I would probably be able to blend in as a commoner pretty easily. I carry no weapons and have no magic items on me, besides some healing potions. They wouldn't have any reasons to suspect me in the least." Looking at Elenka, "But your wooden friend only comes when summoned, correct? Wouldn't you be able to wait until he was needed? Or doesn't it work that way? Please excuse my ignorance about your kind."

Turning back to the white cloaked figure, "Speaking of ignorance, may I ask who exactly is Penk?"

jkason

First Post
Ordering coffee at the bar, he surveys the tavern's occupants and spots Commander Parsons. Raising the mug in a greeting, he says, somewhat stiffly, "Good afternoon, commander. What brings you in here today?"

It takes Parsons a minute to recognize the elf under the soot that covers him, but when he does, he groans audibly.

"The smelly barbarian and that smart-alec old man are probably on their way, too, aren't they? And the mermaid? You lot scare her off yet? Do I even want to know what kind of mess you made in my city to wind up looking like that?"

Parsons waves any response away. "No. No, I don't want to know. Maybe they'll have it sorted before I'm back on duty."

He grudgingly gestures to a seat as he says, "Folks, this is Quioan. He and his ... friends had a bit of head-butting with me recently, but they did a solid for a friend of mine and her employer, so we're on civil ground.

"Was just telling these folk about a job a cousin of mine is offering."
Parsons says, then smiles as he adds, "Out of town."

[sblock=qik]Rather than re-post it, feel free to assume Parsons tells you everything he's told the others in the preceding posts. He hasn't gone into a whole lot of detail.[/sblock]

Turning back to the white cloaked figure, "Speaking of ignorance, may I ask who exactly is Penk?"

"The good time god," Parsons says. "God of Laughter and the like. I guess his brother doesn't think much of all the laughing, but don't ask me. I barely undestand people, let alone gods."

OOC: Penk's LPF entry Since it says he's widely worshipped nearby, I figure what little is there shouldn't require a know check.

Qik

First Post
Quioan smiles genuinely at the man; despite their past run-ins, he finds himself appreciating the man's honesty. "Just saving the city from itself, Commander. I imagine the others are still recovering from the celebration afterwards; the Old Dog isn't exactly built to drink, and I'm pretty sure Kazanto is still getting used to the implications of too much alcohol. As for Daylily..." Quioan shrugs, as if to say, 'who knows?'. "At least it seems as though he didn't end up in jail - I'd imagine you would be in the know if he had."

"A job, eh? Sounds interesting. Well, I could do for a trip for some equipment, and maybe a shower, time permitting, but I'm otherwise available - if the others would have my assistance, of course," says, nodding to Elenka, Yoshiki, and Anna. Turning back to Parsons, his smile widening, he adds, "At the very least, it would get me out of your purview for a few days." [sblock=Stats]
Quioan Scorchsong
HP: 15/15
AC: 19 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 14)
CMD: 18
Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +4
Perception: +8
Spells:
- 0: Light, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound
- 1: Mage Armor, Gravity Bow, Enlarge Person
Bonded Item: Unused[/sblock]

Remove ads