Pathfinder RPG [Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 178





  1. #1771
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,355
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    --- Droed's Taxidermy ---

    Borric nods with an innocent looking grin, "Of course, lass. I am the epitome of cordiality."

    After Zelena heads off down the street, he turns his attention to the shop. Warily eying the shrunken heads, the fighter is almost afraid what he might find out about this Droed person.

    Not waiting any longer, he pulls open the door and is immediately assaulted by the strange, but pungent aromas wafting from the interior.

    "Oy! Anyone here?"

    Borric enters and looks at some of the still, yet life-like critters.

    There is a housecat-sized beetle is a dull brown color brightened by two glowing green-yellow spots on its carapace. On a pedestal is a hideous avian creature with the body of an emaciated rooster, the wings of a bat, and a long, scaly tail.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 43 Current: 43
    CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: none

    Current Weapon in Hand: Barghest on a pike
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #1772

    Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

    Yoshiki stands with the new arrival, giving a short half-bow to Quion. He says before sitting down again, "If one of the White Cloak accept you, then you are more than welcome here at this table."

    Turning to Parsons, "Tell me Commander, what more do you know about this living god Owbej? If they are truly a religious cult, it would be useful to know as much as possible about their deity if we are to infiltrate their ranks."

  • #1773
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,407
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    "The Ouhm? We'll be absent from your fair city for weeks, if not months!"

    Though initially surprised at the location of the work she quickly accepts Commander Parsons' answers, sips briefly at her wine, and smiles with the barest hint of a curve to her lips. Momentarily speaking across the commander and the soot-covered elf she answers Yoshiki's question.

    "Yes, Drevezh'korol comes only when called but the ritual is time consuming and if I'm taken unawares it is unlikely that I would have time to complete it. But I think summoning him when needed is likely the best course of action considering the nature of the work."

    She returns her attention to the newest arrival in time to catch the introduction.

    "Please. Have a seat. Let me pour you a glass of wine. My name is Elenka Danyllova and it would be a pleasure to work with you, I am sure."

    At Quioan's response to the Commander she laughs.

    " 'A few days' indeed!"


  • #1774
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,785
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    Quote Originally Posted by deisenhut View Post
    Turning to Parsons, "Tell me Commander, what more do you know about this living god Owbej? If they are truly a religious cult, it would be useful to know as much as possible about their deity if we are to infiltrate their ranks."
    The White Cloak shrugs. "I'd never heard of him before Inar contacted me. From what I can tell, they're pretty well planted in Martna and haven't expanded; concentrating their influence, I guess. I don't have a whole lot of detail, but Inar's a level-headed sort. If he's worried, I'm worried. You'll have to wait for more specifics until you get there and talk to him."

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    "The Ouhm? We'll be absent from your fair city for weeks, if not months!"
    Parsons shrugs and doesn't really hide a smile. "No telling how long you'll be out of Venza," he says, "though I'm trying to get you down there fast as possible. I know a barge captain who works the tributaries off and into the Ouhm. Knows a few most folk don't, too. The Downpour can get you there faster than anyone else."

    ooc
    My geography is weak, so I hope you'll bear with me if time is a bit off for the journey. I needed a town off a major river, I used the Ouhm, which lists lots of tributaries.

    Okay, I think this is four: Anna (sorcerer), Elenka (summoner), Yoshiki (monk), and Quioan (wiz/ranger). I'm assuming a CLW wand is something you're interested in, and if you guys can't get it at the Pearl, I can probably adjust the adventure gold a bit to get you one.

    We still need Quioan to get his final XP awards to figure out where he stands, but other than that I think we're at a place where I can create an adventure thread? I'll try to get that up tomorrow or Monday, barring objections?

  • #1775

    Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

    After listening to Commander Parsons responses, Yoshiki states, "Understandable. I take it you won't know much about this cult either. I'll have to save my questions until we get there and speak with your cousin." Looking at the other three at the table, "We'll have to come up with a plan after we talk with Inar and coordinate our stories."

    ooc
    I don't even know what geography is being used for LPF, just kinda learning it as I go.

    I can't do a CLW wand without making UMD checks, and my UMD is +0 (with a rank in it). So I'm assuming someone else will have to get it.

    I'm good to go. Maybe one more will join before we get started.

  • #1776
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Qik
    Quioan returns Yoshiki's bow with his own, slightly awkward version, and smiles at Elanka's offer of some wine, as if that's a style of greeting that he's more accustomed to. Pulling up a chair, he accepts the proffered glass graciously. Lifting it, he nods his thanks. "I appreciate the generous welcome," he says, and he takes a sip, settling into his chair. "Well, as I said, besides a little preparatory shopping, I'm ready to set out when the rest are."

    OOC
    I'm sure I'll be able to swing a wand of CLW, and since I'm a ranger, I can make use of it. Hopefully DT'll get my numbers straightened out soon, but I'm otherwise ready to roll whenever you are, jk. If I have time tomorrow, I might even take a stab at adding them up myself.
    Stats

    Quioan Scorchsong
    HP: 15/15
    AC: 19 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 14)
    CMD: 18
    Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +4
    Perception: +8
    Spells:
    - 0: Light, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound
    - 1: Mage Armor, Gravity Bow, Enlarge Person
    Bonded Item: Unused
    Last edited by Qik; Sunday, 25th September, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

  • #1777
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Tark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lilburn, GA, 30047
    Posts
    153
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Tark
    Temarel walks in fresh and renewed from his previous knock down drag out crawl through the mud be chased by everything living under the earth adventure. Sauvressa, as always, lopes behind him. She too seems to have grown in some indiscernable way. She's grown more terrifying.

    Temarel looks around the room tryin to see what all this room to has to offer in terms of company, drink, and coin.

  • #1778
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,407
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    Elenka is quiet but finally gives a quick nod.

    "Commander, I accept your offer of employment. With such a journey ahead of us we'll have plenty of time to discuss our methods of infiltration and make a plan. Which, of course, will prove to be pointless when we finally come into contact with this cult of Owbej. Like Master Quioan I will need to acquire some supplies for the journey but I am more or less ready to depart."

    Elenka's eyes twinkle as she clearly sees some humor in the situation though is still willing to take on the job.



    Geography
    Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post
    My geography is weak, so I hope you'll bear with me if time is a bit off for the journey. I needed a town off a major river, I used the Ouhm, which lists lots of tributaries.


    Just a snippet of one of Mowgli's maps showing the distances involved. Since this is a roleplaying game it's no big thing to say we travel for X amount of time and get to Martna off the Ouhm. But if you want someplace closer you could use the Orino River that empties into the bay that holds Venza. It's a bit hard to see but the river to that first elevation line just northwest of the 'The Landadel Baronies' label is about 400 miles. Another option is the Tang River not marked on this map but going from within the Landadel Baronies somewhere emptying into the sea at Tritower. Straight line from Venza to the Ouhm just north of the Great Chasm is about 950 miles or almost exactly 30 days of travel at 32 miles per day. And that's as the crow flies with optimal conditions. I'm fine with it being wherever you want to put it, though.

    Also, I'm ready to branch off into our own game thread whenever you are.

  • #1779
    Fulgrim notices Temarel after a few moments, too busy with conversation and frog legs at his own table. Seeing the half-elf standing, looking about the tavern Fulgrim calls "Temarel! 'bout time ye made it 'ere! Come on, while ye been out 'n about we found us 'nother job. There's room fer ye!" Fulgrim says, motioning towards an empty chair at the table.

  • #1780
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Qik
    Ni

    Ni turns to Fulgrim - "You know this man?" - and then the halfling servant - "I guess it looks like we're ready to go, then, fine sir!"

    OOC 1
    Ooo, two summoners would be interesting. I think they'd end up being different enough, with Ni focusing on his SLA summons, since I assume Tameral's focus will be his eidolon.

    ----------------------------------
    Quioan

    From his seat at the table with the others, Quioan contemplates his good fortune in gaining another opportunity for employment so close to his other one. It seems as though coming to Venza was a wise move, indeed.
    OOC 2
    DT put the adventure XP totals in our thread, but we're still waiting on time-based XP. By my rough calculation, the two put together will put Q at ~3000 XP, or 300 away from level 3. I'll keep you updated.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 178 of 407 FirstFirst ... 78128168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188228278 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2937
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th October, 2013, 04:04 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •