[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Temarel! Good to see you again!", calls Vincenzo, "join us for more adventure? This time perhaps above ground?"

He sees Elenka and waves at her, "Elenka! and, Uh, treeman .. .. .. .. * pssst * fulgrum, what was the treeman's name?"

Tark

First Post
Temarel smiles and waves and walks over to Vincenzo's and Fulgrim's table.

"Not even through the door and already more to do. So what work is there now?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
The halfling takes in the latest comer to the table along with his companion. "Well, certainly a crew that looks like they can handle themselves well enough. The required task is easy. Recover the gold from the cretins and deliver it to the proper address, giving the man this token so he knows who the payment is from. I can tell you where the crime occurred, and the reaction from the locals suggest they commonly operate in that area. There were just under half a dozen who accosted us, though how many others are in the gang I don't know. Seemed to be a variety of races, though with their black masks it was hard to tell precisely which ones. Any other spoils you find with the cretins is yours to keep unless someone objects too heartily, at which point you can deal with them. Otherwise, my master will send the final payment here once he has word that the task is done, so just talk to the bartender to pick it up. Oh, one last thing, be prepared for a bit of strangeness when you get to the address. The man's wife is a wizardess and between the two, it's not unusual for an odd experiment or two to be about. Nothing dangerous, but definitely better to be warned about ahead of time." With that, he stands, puts the token and a scrap of paper with the address on the table as he tells you where the incident happened, bows, and departs after grabbing one last frog leg.

[sblock=Something's Cooking recruitment closed]Something's Cooking is ready to go. I will get another quick little adventure in the pipeline just in case we get enough more 1st and 2nd level greenhorns bouncing around, getting on Grog's nerves. Fulgrim, Tio, Tamarel, and Vincenzo can now work off the weight gained by the frog legs.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Yes, Drev something. Gave his existence for us. I guess she was able to summon him from the forest again like she said. Well, what kind of supplies do you see us needing? Sun rods, Rope, food, What else?"

Systole

First Post
From outside the inn comes a truly horrific wailing sound, as if someone was hammering a selection of cats to death. As it approaches the inn, some of the noise begins to sounds Elvish ... sort of.

[sblock=Elven]"Come yon me dame, come tell me dame,
My dame come tell me truly,
What length an' girth when well could stand
Will please a woman duly?"
The carlin shook her wanton tail,
Her wanton tail were ready,
"l learn'd a sang in Jennandale,
Nine inch will please a lady."

"But for a country shay like mine,
In sooth we're not so tender;
We'll take twice your steadfast nine,
And nae deny the bender.
Oh, lead me on, my bonny lad,
And shew the stand so free,
With roaring handfuls ever glad
Ye nidge it in the fairest see!"
[/sblock]

The door bursts open to reveal what seems to be a short, dirty, sooty, heavily scarred elf ... or possibly a tall, dirty, sooty, heavily scarred goblin. He's waving a brace of freshly killed rats in one hand, and a jug of cooking wine in the other. As he steps inside, the jug falls from his hand and onto the floor with a hollow, empty sound. The barbarian stares at the vessel, swaying drunkenly, apparently trying to figure out how it got there.

After a moment, he gives up and lurches inside. When he sees the white-cloaked captain, he does a visible double-take, before launching into a loud, mocking monologue in Elven.

[sblock=Elven]By the damp wick of the Trickster, it's the great beef willy! What brings ye to this dark and dangerous hole, ye proud hero of a thousand hunts? Did ye hear that some fine warriors had laid low a bonny pail of ale and ye came tae claim it as your own? Or were it a taste for vittles that brings ye so far from your comfort? I find myself short of wolf-meat this eve, but I can spare a rat or three, if your own hunt came thin -- nae judgment upon your skills, o' course.[/sblock]

The elf guffaws at this clever bit of innuendo, and calls to the barkeep. "Drink! More drink! Drink for to match the rat and frog!" he calls, waving the dead rats around wildly and gesturing at a brightly-colored, depressed-looking toad in a cage strapped to his belt.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
As Ni follows the others towards the door, his excitement about the opportunity for work - when he didn't quite know he was even on the lookout for said work - is suddenly overshadowed by a dawning awareness of a horrendous sound. Catching sight of Daylily as he enters the tavern, the gnome's eyes bulge, and he keeps his gaze on the elf as he passes him and heads out the door. Shaking his head as he exits, he's heard to exclaim, "Fascinating!"

Tark

First Post
Temarel starts looking panicky and wills himself not to dive under the table. "Merciful gods I've never heard my mother tongue butchered so brutally. I weep for the poets of my people."

jbear

First Post
An old frazzled wooly old human covered in soot stumbles into the bar. He stumbles into an empty chair. His bloodshot glaucoma glazed eyes squint for amoment before he takes a step back to make a wobbly bow to noone at all.

"My afolocheese fur laddy ... "

He turns to the bar and raises his hand as though to order whereupon he sees Daylilly and the gesture turns into a smiling salute of recognition:

"Heeeeyyyy...."

The order completely forgotten he stumbles into an empty chair near the fire to wrestle off his boots and within moments fall asleep head down on the table snoring mightily.

Remove ads