[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The door opens, and a golden half-orc enters. Even then, at first, he seems to be something else, but no, the cut of his ears are clearly orcish, even if his features look particularly human.

He stares ahead with distant, shining eyes, a braid of golden hair down his back. His hands stand apart from the rest of him, as they are a deep crimson red, with tendrils of vermillion twining up his arms. His clothing is simple, and he is bare-chested, a greataxe slung on his back. The faint smell of the swamp clings to him.

"Ah, I have returned!" the half-orc responds, his voice far more sonorous than normal. "The swamp is clear of House Gabbiano, and the Granite Hierophant remains hidden."

He scans the room. "Yet none remain, except the new, and Elros is as silent as ever, aren't you, old boy?"

He turns to the elf. "Welcome to Venza," he says. "My name is Kanli. Please, have a drink on me. What brings you to Venza?"

Kanli extends a red hand in greeting.

nothingpoetic

First Post
He turns to the elf. "Welcome to Venza," he says. "My name is Kanli. Please, have a drink on me. What brings you to Venza?"

Kanli extends a red hand in greeting.

While finishing his drink and trying to decide if he could handle a round of the frog legs the barkeep had mentioned, the door opens and in steps a male half-orc? Much better looking then many of the half-orc's he had encountered on his travels, Chaucer turns on his stool and gives the orc his attention.

Well met Kanli, the pleasure is mine, He stands and clasps the Half-Orc's forearm with his hand, a sign of respect he learned from a Half-Orc long ago. I am glad to see that there is some life in this place, I was considering moving on and plying my trade elsewhere, but by the look of you, things might be picking up. Those who care to know me as Chaucer Tarsi, a humble Warrior Poet. I am back in Venza to write epic stories of battle, sacrifice, He pauses for a moment and sighs sadly, shakes his head and continues in a bit softer, and love never heard before in my homeland. What better way to write stories of epic feats than to spend your days pursuing the glory that only few find? And what of you Kanli, what are you doing in the city of Glass? He asks as he grabs his pack and staff from the bar and makes to follow Kanli to his seat.

As he gets off the barstool, he quickly turns to the barkeep and says, Another glass of chilled wine, and a plate of froglegs as well, my good sir.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
The door of the tavern opens and beside of the smells and noises of the city, a finely dressed half-orc enters. He is more typical for a half-orc in appearance and not as charismatic as Kanli, but close

"Hello, my name is Vermag and I'm looking for some able men want earn some gold by doing a good deed." The half-orc announces in a pleasant baritone voice.

OOC: Recruiting for the Sunken Temple adventure.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Nice to see such a prompt response. Let's take a seat." Vermag navigates to a free table and indicates Elros to sit down. Than he takes out a pencil and a sheet of paper. "I need your name and references for the contract."

nfred

First Post
The door to the Dunn Wright Inn opens up and a figure strides in with a confidant stride. He removes his cloak from his head to reveal the unmistakable face of a half-orc.

"Ah. A nice dry place to rest for the night."

His outfit clings tightly to his body, revealing his large frame and figure. His simple clothes do not give away the shape of any weapons. As Brenic walks to the bar he sizes up the others in view.

"What a place. I wonder what there is to do around here worth my time."

Brenic takes a seat next to the bar.

nfred

First Post
After finishing his drink, Brenic takes another survey of the people he sees before him. He notices the elf and fellow half orc and strides over to them.

"Hello brother. It warms my heart to see another of us here. I do not see very many of us these days." He says with a smile to the half orc. He sizes up the elf and with a short look of disgust he says. "Elf." with a nod. Noting the way he carries himself. "What brings you fellows to an area like this?"

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Elros ignores the look, "HALF-Elf, and I am here in between trapping, I find work here, like with my friend here. he says, motioning to the Half-Orc sitting next to him Come, have a drink on me" he says

nfred

First Post
"Ah my apologies. My eyes are not as good as they used to be." He takes a seat. " Was your human half on your mothers side or your fathers?" he says to the half elf.
"And for you brother, what is your business here if you don't mind my asking?" toward to other half-orc.

Brenic continues to observe the men he is sitting with as well as the others in sight. His knee starts to bounce as he waits for replies from his new acquaintances.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"It's all right, my father was the human, I lived with my mother until we were forced to go different ways when the elves from our city came after us. I recently found out my mother was killed shortly after I left. And I have never heard form my father. Who was the human in your family?" he asks

Remove ads