[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
tengu treasure hunters

"Oh, these are just our personal souvenirs. Most of what we find ends up in some museum, if we consider it safe, or vaults of varying security levels, for those things that really don't need to be shared with the public or even known about by more than a very select few. We keep only a handful of trinkets to remind ourselves of our adventures and pay our way forward to the next adventure. Right now, our partner is scouting out the potential of exploring some of the sealed off basements around here."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I spent a night in one of those basements when I first got here," Kazanto brightly responds, looking up from her kippers. "I didn't really have any place to stay, but what I love about Venza is that no one really cares if you enter their home as long as you stay underwater. Some of the bricks had fallen away into the canal on this one house. Apparently nobody upstairs went in there. The door was all boarded up and plastered over, and the room was filled with mussels."

The mermaid slithers over to add, "Can you imagine that? Nobody going down to get the mussels. Crazy!"

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge listens to the tales of the other adventurers with great interest.

"I say we band together and seek out some new adventures of our own. Surely someone here knows of a cause that could use our combined talents!"

He looks around the room hoping for signs of agreement from the other patrons of the inn.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
the door to the tavern opens and through the door an individual wearing a long green cloak covering their head and flowing down around their ankles walks into the Tavern with an unearthly grace. This individual closes the door gently behind them, and once inside walks up to the bar and says in Orcish to the barkeep "A ruht hago ha zuht ruko'ot rohat a 'u rhago an." recognizing the individual as an Orc. Though the voice is very clearly feminine and very clearly not that of an Orc. The barkeep goes to fetch the womans drink and returns with it a few minutes later. At the moment the woman has yet to remove her cloak, but seeing the drink having arrived she decides it would be easier to drink it without the cloak covering her face and lifts it up and away from her head, revealing the long ears of an elf and hair of a most unusual purple color.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
tengu treasure hunters

The treasure hunters listen in turn, interested in what you have to say despite clearly being well more advanced in their careers. "Mollusks, you say? I don't suppose you found anything else. Not that mollusks are bad either, provided they are the right kind." The one replies to the mermaid. The other responds to Ehdge, "That's the spirit good fellow. Be glad you have a place like this to help you get started. I had a dickens of a time finding anybody to adventure with when I started, and went through at least half a dozen groups before finding this fine fellow and our other partner," and proceeds to start giving advice on what to look for in an adventuring companion, how to manage relations, and other mundane details that would bore the heck of anyone not familiar with the adventuring life.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
the Elf maiden looks over at the gathering of would be adventurers with a sly smile on her face that seems to be hiding a sense of curiosity that her eyes seem to betray. She says in a slightly accented voice "Be ye adventurers?"

Last edited:

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge speaks up in reply to the lady elf.

"We are indeed. At least, I am, and and several of the others here seem to be as well. And why do you ask? Would you have a task for us?"

He looks at the lady hopefully...

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Nay, nothing of the sort. I only ask to see if there be work in the area." the Elf Maiden says with a sly grin on her face noting the adventurer's look and cocking her head slightly appraising how he would take her information.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena Adu (2nd level Cleric/ 2nd level Bard) - Available for Adventures!

~~~ In the Streets of Venza - Doed's Taxidermy ~~~

Zelena returns from her shopping foray across the canal to the taxidermy shop. She enters to the foul order that makes her pause. She continues to find Borric in deep discussion with the taxidermist himself. An odd little man, but his work was good.

"Good afternoon Droed! How goes the negations?" she asks the pair, "We have a stuffed Barghest to bat about?" She smiles at Borric, "Joking of course."

the man behind the large counter that acts as the man's main work surface in the front part of the store looks to the little woman and in a high nasally voice answers, "Good day good gnome." He looks at Borric and scowls, "This brute is being totally unreasonable. He does not know what it takes to make this," he points to the raw and rotting corpse, "Into a work of art!"

"Droed... please. I am sure Borric just wants the task completed at the lowest price. We are all proud of our tophies, but no one likes to spend more than they have too." (diplomacy 1d20+10=26)

With the gnome's soothing words he nods and gives in, "Yes I suppose you are right." He looks to Borric, "Can we come to an arrangement that we both be happy with? Remember my good man, this art form takes many years. And I am the best in all of Venza."

Remove ads