[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
tengu treasure hunters

As the group around the treasure hunters continues to talk, a third tengu in similar gear as the two treasure hunters enters, though his gear is clearly a bit more taken care of, as if he actually cared about its appearance. After stopping at the table long enough to get room information, he disappears upstairs for a while, and eventually comes back down wearing nice, but still fully functional, clothes carrying a few papers under his arm. He orders not only a meal for himself, but a couple of trays of various appetizers and a full round of drinks for those gathered around. "I hope you two haven't been boring these fine folks with your stories. The last time you didn't leave the stories to me, we ended up getting chased out of town by a band of witch hunters." he comments as he sits down.

sunshadow21

Explorer
tengu treasure hunters

As the group around the treasure hunters continues to talk, a third tengu in similar gear as the two treasure hunters enters, though his gear is clearly a bit more taken care of, as if he actually cared about its appearance. After stopping at the table long enough to get room information, he disappears upstairs for a while, and eventually comes back down wearing nice, but still fully functional, clothes carrying a few papers under his arm. He orders not only a meal for himself, but several appetizers and a full round of drinks for those gathered around. "I hope you two haven't been boring these fine folks with your stories," he comments as he sits down. He proceeds to put his own spin on the stories you have already heard and adds several of his own.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus nods to the Human. Nodding his half-elven head in agreement.

I think I, too, could stand enjoying a spirit that comes from something other than a cup or a bottle. Count me in.

He lifts his mug, it gets to his lips and tips, just as the purple haired Elf arrives. He takes a long drink of his spiced cider, listening to her voice. He lowers the mug, a slight smile to his lips. He speaks in Elven, directing the comment to her.

Greetings, fair maiden. The Lady of Fate has brought you to us so we may at least once in our lives lay eyes upon the truth of beauty and grace.

Grant the Elven is a bit rusty, and he isn't quite as fluent as he might like to be, but he gets the words out right enough.

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge appears slightly crestfallen at learning that the lady elf did not have a job for him.

"Well milady, then it appears we shall be waiting together for word of deeds that need doing."

Raising his tankard in salute, he says, "To adventure!"

toasterferret

Explorer
Fae'shiel looks at the Half-Elf with intense scrutiny and says in perfect Elven "Thee are Half-Elven? In that case, I would kindly ask thee not to attempt that again."

Darius chuckles to himself at Fae'shiel's rebuke. Clapping Marcus on the shoulder he chimes in with a smirk (in elven of course)

"You win some you lose some, friend"

A hissing noise sounding vaguely of laughter is heard from the rafters.

"LOOK AT THHHEM PRANCCEE AND POSSssSSsTURE..."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto giggles as she watches the exchange between the elf and half-elf.

"That's an elf woman? Maybe that's why Daylily likes me. Hmm... Hey, does anyone know how to go pork-hunting?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Dockside Diversion

Eating, drinking, and conversation continues like it does every day in the Dunn Wright but a growing rumble from outside penetrates the common room. Perched as it is near the docks in the Gulls district of Venza, the Dunn Wright Inn always catches the stray sounds of gondolier-men chattering just outside the Water Door, distant captains barking orders to crew, sailors complaining, roustabouts grunting, fishwives bickering, and the patter of urchins. But this sound is different. Louder, and tinged with a growing panic.

As everyone inside begins to take notice of the tumult outside the common room grows unusually quiet. In the momentary stillness distinct voices can be heard rising above the drone.

"Get it off me!"
"Tanager protect us!"
"Aarrgh!"

[size=+1]>BANG<[/size]

With a sudden crash the Landward Door flies open and a wide-eyed urchin runs into the room. "You gots to see this! Its... its..." Words fail the boy and he stares goggle-eyed into the room before dashing out of the Dunn Wright for another look.

[sblock=Recruiting for Dockside Diversion]As it says, I'm now recruiting for Dockside Diversion. Everyone (of all levels) is welcome to take part. If you are interested post that your character leaves to see what is going on. From there we'll split you out into appropriately leveled groups and I'll start as many combat threads as necessary. This is a short, one encounter scene that shouldn't take too much time; by the time we finish there should be three adventures ready to recruit. Thanks![/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Well this mayhaps prove entertaining at the least." the Elf Maiden says as she stands sipping up the last of her drink and placing the glass back down on the table. She then turns gathering her cloak back up around herself and exiting the tavern to have a look at what had caused the boys frantic entrance.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena Adu (2nd level Cleric/ 2nd level Bard)

~~~ Outside, near the Dunn Wright Inn ~~~

As Zelena and Borric are making their way back to the Inn Zelena is consoling the large human, "Oh come on now. You did not get fleeced and you will have your stuffed head in two weeks time. Trust me, Droed will come..." the gnome lets the rest trail off as there is yelling.

"Get it off me!"
"Tanager protect us!"
"Aarrgh!"

>BANG<

She looks to Borric, "We should see what has happened." Upon her mount the gnomish woman makes for the other side of Inn down a small ally way to the waterside...

OOC: Zelena's game...

[sblock=Zelena's Actions & Stats]Swift Action:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 2/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 34 of 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +8
In Hand: long sword (+3, 1d6) and shield
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize; (1st level) Bless, Air Bubble, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases