[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge addresses the Tengu and says, "Before we went outside for that little bit of bug killing, you indicated you might have a lead of some sort for us to investigate. Maybe you could fill us in on what that was now?"

Systole

First Post
The barbarian brightens up considerably upon seeing the merwoman. "Snake Daughter Kazanto! Is for good seeing you! I am not know where goed Brother Scorchsong, but Elder Storyteller is upping the stairs now."

A dark look passes over his face. "He is with a Snake Daughter who forget the face of her Mother. There is too much civilized in this places. Too much paper, too much yellows metal. No clean death for warrior." He shrugs, and the mood passes. "I will maybe go to hunt cat for a few hour, to make empty my head. But if you are to journey with Sons of the Eagle, I am wish you much good lucks."

He suddenly seems to remember something. "Ay! I forget it! Where is? Where is?" Daylily leaps into the center of the room, pushing chairs and patrons aside, and scrambling under tables, heedless of the ruckus he's causing. After a minute of searching, he stands up, knocking the back of his head on the table he'd been looking under. The heavy table rises a a clear six inches off the floor, but the barbarian hardly registers the blow. Holding a furry bundle of some sort, he announces, "I find! I find!"

Smiling proudly, he returns to Kazanto and presents the item her. "Is for you, Snake Daughter."

[sblock=A gift for Kazanto]
wolfhat.jpg
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Cousin thou certainly seem in touch with the wilder side of the fey. But I fear that beautiful fur would be ruined in the ladies natural habitat." Fae'shiel says to Daylily with a dark smirk on her face.

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks the other elf up and down coldly, and then addresses her in his native tongue, his voice thick with contempt.

[sblock=Elven]"Hail and well met, fair sister. Aye, I be a kit born of the wilds, though I see ye've come tae age under difficult circumstances, as well. Mayhap ye fetched the grueling task of keeping ashine the floors in the crystal palaces of your most noble birth? 'Twould hae been an onerous burden for ye, I well reckon -- being on your hands and knees, such an' suchlike. As for the beastie adorning the Snake Daughter's crest, I daresay even an empty hat has gleam enough tae ken where it's unwelcome."[/sblock]

He takes a long swig of the second bottle and leans insolently against the bar.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel looks indignantly at the response the barbarian gives her and retorts in Elven:

[sblock=Elven]"Why thou insolent Whelp. I should cut thee down where thee stands if it were not against the laws of these miserable humans."[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto gasps in delight! "Oh, Daylily! You remembered! It's beautiful!"

She lifts up the wolf pelt and wraps it around her shoulders, placing the head of the wolf upon her own. She looks down upon her body, now draped in lupine fur and draconic scale. "I feel fantastic!" she replies. She throws her arms in the air and makes a slow circle in place.

She looks over where Ehdge is speaking with the tengu. "Oh, I think someone will get the information we need. You say Relic is upstairs with another mermaid? She must be awfully civilized to meet with him upstairs." She whispers mostly to herself, adding, "I hate stairs."

She clasps her hands together and bounces slightly on her tail. "Oh, but I wish I could go hunting with you, Daylily! The wolf was fun, and the pork-monster was incredible! We have got to go hunting for pork-monster again someday. My family back at the reef would be so jealous!"

toasterferret

Explorer
Zaphyn glowers down at the barbarian before hissing his response:

"WHHYY TAKE PRISSsssSSSONERRrrrRRSssSsS WHEN YOU CAN KILLLLL YOURRRrrrRRR FOEEESsssSSSssSS AND TORMENT THEIR SSsssSOULSSSsssss....."

Darius shakes his head at the Eidolon before answering himself. "That one would have the lot of us dead, but for now he does as he is told."

Upon witnessing Fae'shiel's interaction with Daylily, and already feeling a bit annoyed at her harsh dismissal of half elves earlier, he responds in kind.

[sblock=Elven]"This one thinks too much of herself friend. Rather atypical of one from Harren to deride those of elven blood so quickly. Perhaps she is here because she is no longer welcome...."[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Zaphyn glowers down at the barbarian before hissing his response:

"WHHYY TAKE PRISSsssSSSONERRrrrRRSssSsS WHEN YOU CAN KILLLLL YOURRRrrrRRR FOEEESsssSSSssSS AND TORMENT THEIR SSsssSOULSSSsssss....."

"Ayah! Well speaked, Dark Child!" He tosses his third bottle of rotgut up to the demon. "Is drink for you, because you do nots forget the face of your father, the Hunter in the Dark."

Kazanto gasps in delight! "Oh, Daylily! You remembered! It's beautiful!"

"I was bring it for you sooner, Snake Daughter. But I drop it here on accident, when we were call for to find killer of Frickard. I ams happy it was not losted. And we will hunt the walking meat another days, after your time with the Sons of the Eagle. I is make promise."

He looks thoughtful for a moment. "The other Snake Daughter ... the stairs are not worry for her. She has feets." He cocks his head. "Sometime, they speaking to her. Out louds."

[sblock=Elven]"Why thou insolent Whelp. I should cut thee down where thee stands if it were not against the laws of these miserable humans."[/sblock]

Daylily sniggers.
[sblock=Elven]"So you say, silky-britches. But I say, 'twould be more than a touch of the Trickster were you tae even clear your wee blade of its scabbard ere I had you laying teeth tae dirt. Even were it so, and ye struck me down, ye'd have the vengeance of the Elder Relic Nevyn tae contend with, and I would care not for your odds, for he is thrice again the warrior I am."[/sblock]His voice takes on a sudden tone of menace.
[sblock=Elven]"But you go tae do the works of the Sons of the Eagle now, and the Snake Daughter goes with ye, and I would take it very far amiss were she to come tae harm. Do ye ken me, lassie?"[/sblock]

OOC: You know, Fae'shiel sounds a little like Falshenaya. I wonder if there a bit of the family tree somewhere....

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases