[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

nfred

First Post
"Why did the elfs chase you out? My father was an orc. It is from his line that I get my strength. I never knew my human mother. I only knew my father briefly before my village was raided by humans and I was taken." He glances toward the door. "What is there to do around here?" He places his hands on table to reveal massive, strong hands. He starts to tap the table nervously.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Nice to see such a prompt response. Let's take a seat." Vermag navigates to a free table and indicates Elros to sit down. Than he takes out a pencil and a sheet of paper. "I need your name and references for the contract."

"My name is Vermag and I was about to hire some good men for a noble quest. And before you ask, my father was an orc, but I deeply prefer my mother's race. Interested in some gold for a good deed?" Vermag explains and asks in a cultivated speech.

OOC: Vermag is a NPC currently hiring PCs for an adventure. Looks like you two are currently available and a friend mailed me he will a character ready starting this week.

Ans nfred, welcome to LPF and EN World!

nfred

First Post
"Why do you prefer the week human side better than the power that comes with orc blood?" Brenic says very confused. "There is another brother over there." He says pointing over his shoulder,"And a bard. They could be useful if we have the room. What does this "good deed" detail?"

OOC: Thanks. I'm excited to see how combat works though. I'm still a little confused on how it works on here so bare with me. And I'm not sure how much this matters, but I'm still waiting for approval for Brenic of the Wiki..

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry to interrupt... Don't stress over not having approval yet. There are two of you currently waiting (and one in the wings, I think). It'll come eventually but as long as he's approved before the adventure finishes, then you are good. Hopefully, though, we'll have it done before the adventure begins. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

nfred

First Post
OOC: Sorry to interrupt... Don't stress over not having approval yet. There are two of you currently waiting (and one in the wings, I think). It'll come eventually but as long as he's approved before the adventure finishes, then you are good. Hopefully, though, we'll have it done before the adventure begins. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

OOC: So I'm good to go then? I can still play?

nothingpoetic

First Post
"Why do you prefer the week human side better than the power that comes with orc blood?" Brenic says very confused. "There is another brother over there." He says pointing over his shoulder,"And a bard. They could be useful if we have the room. What does this "good deed" detail?"

As Chaucer grabbed his pack and moved to where Kanli was standing, he saw two more half-orcs, one after another come into the tavern. The first said something about gold for a good deed, but he was more interested in speaking with Kanli first, then there would be time enough for a job by hire.

However, soon after, the second half-orc moved to join the first, and after a few minutes, Chaucer's ears peaked as he heard the second half-orc mention the title of bard, and point in his direction. Excuse me, he said to Kanli, but there has been a grave mistake made by that table that I must remedy.

Taking a step towards the group at one of the booths, Chaucher drops his pack and staff and draws his longsword and whirls it in an arc above his head before bringing it down to the floor and resting his hands on the pommel. Now gentlemen, a mere bard is a teller of stories, a singer of songs, and a performer for those with coin. I am no mere bard, you see, I am a warrior poet, a man who hunts down stories of lost glory, bringing what was forgotten back to the light of day, with the hope of one day, joining my story with those of men and women who have left their mark on this world by the strength of their arm and the passion of their convictions. You see, friends, I am no mere bard performing for coin, but a seeker of glory, searching for my place in the host of heroes who have gone before me. It is a mistake easily made, but a mistake I must rectify. Chaucer says all with a slight smile on his face, but with a a hard resolve showing in his eyes.

OOC: Sorry for skipping ahead Vino, feel free to begin/finish our conversation, I just didn't want to get left out of the party and got a bit impatient, again if you want to back track and play your end up I can roll with it pretty easily.

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli's golden eyes seem to flash momentarily as the other half-orcs enter the room. "Do not fret about the half-elf, brother," he begins, his voice soothing and dulcet. "I can vouch for Elros' good name. He is an upstanding member of the Red Hand Society, and I have personally watched him vanquish many an amphibian."

The golden half-orc stands and spreads his red hands apart. "Chaucer, Vermag, brother, please, I invite you to dine with us at the Red Hand's personal table. I can assure you that the frogs' legs taste best right here." He slams the tip of his finger on the table for emphasis. On the center of the table, a crimson handprint clearly marks it for its purpose.

He returns to sit. "As for those who may wonder what my name is, it is Kanli. I help the Red Hand Society along as it strives for a better world. I would be most interested in hearing what, precisely, you need to have done, Vermag. Come, sit, eat, drink, and talk business!"

nfred

First Post
Brenic sees the flashy sword tricks of Chaucer and listens intently to his monologue. Then he simple says "You talk to much my friend." with a laugh. "I hope you can wield that sword as well as you do your words."

Brenic then notices the other half orc who had spoken to him. This half orc seems different than most. "I am sorry bother. I am a bit slow sometimes. Who are you and what are you talking about?" he says to the golden half orc.

If the others follow, Brenic will also, but will remain where he is until someone else makes the first move.

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
Brenic sees the flashy sword tricks of Chaucer and listens intently to his monologue. Then he simple says "You talk to much my friend." with a laugh. "I hope you can wield that sword as well as you do your words."

Chaucer answers with a wry grin, Ha ha, aye, you are not the first to tell me I talk to much, nor will you be the last, but if we were to share a battlefield together, it is the art of talking to much that will inspire strength in your limbs.

He takes his longsword and puts it back in its scabbard that hangs at his waist. He bends down picks up his pack and his stave and moves to the table with a giant red hand print blazing from the top of it.

But enough of that, Varmag I think it is, what is this good deed you seek accomplished, and Kanli, what is this Red Hand Society you speak of?

nfred

First Post
Brenic follows the others over to the table. "Yes I am curious as well. What is this Red Hand you speak of?" he says as he takes a seat.

He turns to Chaucer and says "When you have the blood of orcs running through your veins and the power that it brings, you do not need weapons, let alone words, to slay those who challenge you. The only words needed on the battle field are "Die Scum!" as you charge into the glorious fight and the taunts you give to a fallen foe as you hold his skull in your hands as he begs for his life right before you end his pitiful life."

Remove ads