[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Looking over at the half-elf, Cythera returns Veniarus's grin knowingly, "I do believe they are bred that way. It is like their appetites, they cannot help themselves as I understand it."

Having just refilled the woman's drink, the Half-orc bartender snorts in agreement and can be heard to mutter in his deep gravely voice as he moves farther down the bar, "T'ain't dat da fookin' trooth."

Placing a coin on the counter top,
Cythera takes up her refilled goblet of wine. The bladeswoman looks back down at Davian with a teasing smile, "Well met, master Davian, the non-pickpocketing adventurer." Her tone suggests that she doesn't really believe the little rogue to not be a thief at heart.

"I am Cythera e'Kiernan and these are Eanos, Veniarus, and Kalius. They also are versed in the Dance, each in their own way."

"New in town, I presume."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 22 (19 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 54 Current: 54
CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive & Goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim enters the Dunn Wright Inn and stands in the doorway for a moment letting his eyes adjust to the light. He looks over the common room for any he recognizes and then moves to the bar, clambering up onto stool. He rubs his hand across his shaved head as he unclips a battered mug from his belt and places it on the bar, motioning with two fingers to the barkeep.

"Fill 'er up an' bring me another ale, I suspect my friend Ni will be joinin' us soon enough." Fulgrim says. He waits patiently and then orders up an appetizer and meal upon delivery of drinks and then moves towards an unoccupied table near the bar to see who else shows up at the Inn.

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard, Halfling Rogue

Davian looks to the group, now a little disheartened at the presumptuousness of the group. "Hey I can do other stuff too!" Davian looks down at the floor with an almost pouty face. "Besides it's not like I wanted this life, and I can do other stuff too..."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera takes note of the dwarven warrior that enters and comes near where they are standing around at the bar. Since he is looking for someone else, she ignores him and returns her attention to the halfling.

She teases him good-naturedly, "Yes, I am sure you can do other things."

"I bet you are good at sneaking around, hiding, looking for things to acquire, and stabbing people from behind. I am sure you can open a locked door too."

"Does that sound about right? You are a welcome addition to any group of adventurers."
She says sincerely.

"Though, I would be wary of the half-orcs that like to practice hobbit tossing. Some of those big barbarians are of a mind that the best way to disarm a trap is to toss the halfling
rogue into it, setting it off."

With a slight arcane gesture and some words in another tongue "Yinxirzij sklooh," she chills her wine.

CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[color=cc666]"I grew up in a temple where the priests decided what my life would be before I was taller than you are,"[/color] Eanos offers up to the distraught halfling. [color=cc666]"But we all pick our own life eventually. And we only have to answer for it to our gods and our hearts, so I'd not worry too much about quick assessments in a city bar, little one,"[/color] he assures him.

He turns to the newcomer at the bar.

[color=cc666]"And you, friend? Seems the lot of us have all wandered in fairly recently. Are you new to Venza? I'm Eanos, by the by."[/color]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim Ironforge, Dwarven Barbarian

Fulgrim looks up with a contented smile from drinking his ale. "I been in town for a week or so." the dwarf replies. "Haven't been 'ere much though. First I was helping' with a movin' job and jest recently helpin' a cook get 'is payment. Weird place dis is!"

"The name if Fulgrim. Fulgrim Ironforge. Fulgrim replies, extending a hand. "Pleasure ta meet ya!"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: Sorry, I thought Fulgrim ignored us and went to a table farther away as he posted. I guess that was not the case.
Cythera raises an eyebrow as Eanos only introduces himself as he invites the dwarf into their conversation.

The bronze-skinned woman toasts the dwarf with her goblet and says, "Cythera e'Kiernan."

She takes a closer look over her goblet of wine while taking a sip, taking notice of his finely crafted armor and great axe. With his head shaven, but various beads in his his long beard, he has a look of some experience that is further reinforced by the deep scar.

Hmmm, he doesn't boast about his prowess in the Dance. Good sign of wisdom, perhaps he is a journeyman.

Aloud Cythera asks, "Weird, how so? Is it that creature's head on a pike outside the front door like a trophy? No one appears to know what that is about yet."

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Kalius having come up to the others just as the dwarf introduced himself notices the subtle glance that Cythera makes towards the Dwarf over her glass and sends a message mentioning it to Veniarus. Veniarus cocks his head appraising Cythera and says "I assume then by the look you just gave the Dwarf that you just analyzed what type of 'dancer' the dwarf may be?"

Qik

First Post
The door to the Dunn Wright swings open with a flourish, and in bobs a gnome, purple-skinned with luminescent eyes. His eyes searching the tavern, they soon settle on the dwarf, and the gnome begins to deftly weave his way over to the barbarian's table. Hoping up onto the over-sized chair, the gnome gives a slight, excited "Ohwonderful!" and then reaches for the extra ale. Hoisting the large mug with both hands, he takes a surprisingly prolonged swig and then sets it down, wiping his mouth exaggeratedly and nodding his thanks to Fulgrim. "Much obliged, mate - gotta keep the beard a-growin'."

Still holding onto the mug with both hands, the gnome surveys the inn and its inhabitants, drinking in the sights but saying little. His gaze lingers for an extra moment on the formidable-looking Cythera, after which the gnome gives a slight shiver and continues his intense-but-aimless scan of the room. His short legs swinging freely, he says to Fulgrim, "So, what happens now?"

OOC: Busy traveling at the moment (until Tuesday), so I'm yet to level Ni, but he'll be level 2 once I've gotten the chance to do so.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2

Eidolon: Unsummoned