[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera looks on with curiosity as yet another one, still mostly wet-behind-the-ears, joins their conversation without introducing themselves. She returns his lingering stare and notices his shiver with a raised eyebrow.

Since Fulgrim had not yet replied to her previous question before the gnome interrupts their conversation, Cythera asks the dwarf another one, "Your friend always so rude?"

Glancing at Veniarus, the bronze-skinned bladeswoman replies, "No more so than anyone else. It is obvious by his apparent strength and the large axe, I would say a warrior type of Dancer, maybe a fighter by trade. But, with the beads in the bead... perhaps that is a tribal thing."

Cythera shrugs, not really finding the distinction that important in the ways of the Dance.

"But you should probably introduce yourself, Veniarus. Then you could ask him."
OOC: I don't think she would be able to tell whether Fulgrim is a barbarian, fighter, or ranger by his appearance or gear.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 22 (19 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 54 Current: 54
CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive & Goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Cythera raises an eyebrow as Eanos only introduces himself as he invites the dwarf into their conversation.

Eanos' brows furrow a bit in confusion, but he merely notes the reaction and decides to ask about it another time.

OOC: Eanos' schtick is both discovering and guarding secrets. Other than the mistake I made in his first post, he's not especially forthcoming with even his own full name; his general inclination is not to assume anyone else's name is open for sharing either, then. :)

The inquisitor finds himself amused at the sudden appearance of the gregarious gnome who appears convinced that ale will somehow lead to facial hair, though he finds himself disinclined to dim the small man's inner light by pointing out the fallacy.

As Cythera takes offense, though, the truth-seeker falls back into the peacekeeping role he'd been attempting between Veniarus and Fester but a short time ago.

[color=cc666]"Perhaps the sight of a ready ale after a long journey merely gave our littlest arrival a case of tunnel vision, Cythera?"[/color] he offers.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aloud Cythera asks, "Weird, how so? Is it that creature's head on a pike outside the front door like a trophy? No one appears to know what that is about yet."

From the far side of the room a voice calls out, "I know what that creature's head is about. I had a hand in the killing of it. Cythera e'Kiernan, hmm? Most call me Fury."

The young man that stands and crosses the room leaving an empty bottle of wine and three used glasses behind walks with the swagger of a Planks bravo but there is something different to him. Arrogance in abundance, but lacking the coldness of eye that marks a remorseless killer. His gear is worn but well cared for, though his armor gleams like mithril and the rapier with the ivory hilt that he wears off a wide, black leather belt both have the look of high quality items.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: Twas only a raised eyebrow, jkasen. ;) Mainly since she introduced Eanos earlier, yet he did not return the favor. No big deal, mate.
Cythera shrugs as Eanos offers an excuse for the gnomes behavior, "No doubt, some are very excitable about such things." The dancing dervish is not the type to take candy from babies nor beat manners into lesser experienced adventurers unless they really need it.

As the one called Fury approaches, she smiles.

Finally, a dancer with some merit and seasoning. That or he was born rich. But, he certainly looks like a Dancer with finesse. And, perhaps some panache too.

Cythera leaves off waiting for the two shorter folk to reply, letting them return to their mugs instead.

"Well met, Fury. I see that you are not new to the steps of the Dance. Please, enlighten me to the tale of the gruesome trophy on display." Her expression doesn't show any revulsion at the thing, but just accurately describing it. She has bloodied her sword on beastly foes before.

"The knowledge of such a formidable beast is beyond my ken at present. So, recognize it, I do not."

"Barkeep! More wine if you please."
She gestures to Marla's assistant to bring a carafe for her to share.

CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury looks the warrior woman over and smiles in return.

"Which dance is that? I know several..."

He leans up against the bar and pauses a moment before launching into the telling of the trophy's tale.

"Borric the Mageslayer, the Green Witch of Venomfield and the lovely but secretive Sorceress Belacqua, oh, and myself, of course, were all having a friendly drink together here in this lovely establishment when...

...it was hard fought. The demonic Barghest came close to devouring the Mageslayer's soul, I think it may have actually had a bite or two, you'd understand if you'd known the man before... It tried to confuse our minds with its magic and avoid us by teleporting around the Tower of Mazes but we were relentless in pursuit...

...In the end we had to use the Green Witch for bait and lure it in. The Mageslayer and I stabbed it with our steely knives but we just couldn't kill the beast until Belacqua softened up its hide with conjured acid. And then we went to work on it again and, well, you've seen the result out front."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: I imagine Adventurers talk with their hands a lot, just like fighter jocks talking about how their F-14 did this and that. :p
Cythera listens as Fury tells his tale, noticing his fluid gestures as he relates the events. His cat-like grace of movements while he pantomimes the blade work reveal some of his expertise.

"I am impressed, indeed. My appraisal of you was not found lacking. No doubt you are being too modest about your own role in the victory."

"A splendid tale of teamwork and tactics. I applaud you and companions, sir."

The dancing dervish toasts the swashbuckling man with a goblet of chilled wine, not bothering to hide her use of the minor cantrip.

"I have had my share of formidable beasts with special defenses as well, but not of the teleporting variety. Those dastardly wererats have a hide that requires silver to ensure they bleed properly." Her eyes are cold as her tone makes the creatures' name sound like an offensive epithet.

"Of course, with enough strength and skill weaving the blade's Dance. That special hide will not keep their head upon their shoulders."
Cythera has a mischievous gleam in her eye as she remembers the last one of those nefarious creatures that she beheaded and dumped into the canal like garbage.

Looking over at the archer, who listened quietly to the tale, she asks, "Eanos, you are not an inexperienced warrior. Come, tell us a tale of your prowess."

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos pauses a moment, looking around as if to see who might be listening, then shrugs and apparently decides that for the moment he doesn't care.

[color=cc666]"Afraid the creatures I've fought aren't nearly as fantastic as yours,"[/color] he says, [color=cc666]"Though they're looking to corrupt a goddess, so I think they're worth the fighting.

"I mentioned the temple, but not ts taint. Spies. Assassins. Men of little moral compunction who saw the Lady of Secrets as an excuse to steal lives and information for use by the highest bidder. I don't know how far the infection spreads, but let's say I've not been shy in lancing the boils on my Lady's reputation when I find them."[/color]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim smiles as Ni holds the ale mug with two hands. "Now? Now we enjoy da drink and da food! Mebbe' make some more friends while we see what comes our way!"

Fulgrim lifts his mug towards Cythera and replies. "A pleasure miss! Ma name is Fulgrim Ironforge." and then takes a hefty drink from his mug. "Ma friend 'ere is just pretty excited ta be livin'! Workin' on his beard now. We reckon he drinks enough ale he can have a beard jest like me!"

Fulgrim eases back, listening to the banter about the Inn as he motions for another drink.

OOC: Busy Inn! Should be better at keeping up with conversation. Between work and the slow site it made it tough to get caught up!

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Throughout the conversation, the normally gregarious gnome had been preoccupied with the task of tending to his ale. Overcoming the odds, Ni finished downing his ale in a single, prolonged gulp, set his mug down, and wiped his mouth with his sleeve, his face a look of contentment.

"The priest-warrior and friend Fulgrim are right, marm, no offense met, you just, errr, cut the serious type, aye? which I tend to shy away from, is all, I'm just more of a howdoyousay looser fellow myself, like to keep it light, mostly, not to take things seriously, keep me bloodpressure down, and quite relaxed, see, an important thing for small beings like myself - little birds have fast hearts, after all, as you very well know."

Having settled the matter, Ni made the increasingly practiced signal for two more beers.

OOC: Sorry about the difficulty in keeping up myself - traveling until Tuesday.

Also, GE, IW got back to me about "Fury Steps In," should be in a position to kick off fairly soonishlike.

jbear

First Post
The door to the inn bursts open as though it had been kicked fromthe other side. Standing in the doorway is a dark skinned human covered in thick skins of a variety of exotic patterns and colours. Intricate tribal tatoos cover the entire left side of his body, including even his hands, face and stonepierced nose. The sides of his head have been shaved to the skin, and his black hair twisted into long dreadlocks is tied back tightly. The spotted skin of an enitire cheetah lies behind his neck over his shoulders which at a second you realise is actually breathing.

He saunters into the room, teeth bared into a smile devoid of humour, heavily muscled arm resting on the hilt of his curved scimitar. He announces himself in a deep booming voice thcikly charged with a mocking arrogance that results most unpleasant to the ear.

"Gaze with awe, Sick Ones, gaze your eyes upon te Magnificence One, Maui, Chaser of te Sun, Fisher of te Island, Master of te Beast Spirit, Hunter without peer. Feel no shame of your paleness standing behind my shadow. You are normal. Be relaxed. Today Maui wish you no harm. Who wish to have te gift of buying Maui a cup of your brown water?"

Maui stands in the middle of the room slowly passing his gaze with no uncertain disapproval of the other patrons.

OOC: Maui, lvl 1 Druid has enterd the Inn: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases