[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, Human Sorcerer

A young man walks in next. He's a bit unkempt. His beard not quite trimmed, his hair not quite neat, and his clothing generally rumpled and smudged with a stain or two. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, he cuts a striking figure: broad shoulders, square jaw, bright eyes that survey the room. Then a winning smile as he chooses to announce himself.

"Don't worry about me, folks," he says. "Just looking for a little relaxation, maybe a little gold if the right job comes around. Names Nathan. Who wants to buy me a drink for making it here from my speck of a village in the middle of nowhere?"

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome turns about in her stool and looks over at Nathan, her left brow raised questioningly. She shrugs her shoulders and calls to the man and motions to a bar stool at her side, "Come, sit and enjoy a drink." She motions to the bartender, "Whatever he wishes."

If the man approaches she introduces herself, "I am Zelena Andu."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

The gnome turns about in her stool and looks over at Nathan, her left brow raised questioningly. She shrugs her shoulders and calls to the man and motions to a bar stool at her side, "Come, sit and enjoy a drink." She motions to the bartender, "Whatever he wishes."

If the man approaches she introduces herself, "I am Zelena Andu."

The young man's smile broadens as the gnome offers him a seat and a drink. "Well met, Zelena. And many thanks. All that travel makes for a dry throat. What's good here?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso 'Fury'

Orlando picks up the wine placed in front of him by the bartender and takes a sip. He swivels on his stool so that he looks out into the taproom and he leans back so that his elbows rest on the bar; his wine is held loosely in one hand. The golden-bronzed half-orc catches his eye momentarily but Orlando shakes his head briefly and with a snort of disdain. "Eel-weed addicts," he scoffs.

He laughs a little when that fellow, Nathan he said his name was, asks the room for a drink and is even more surprised when the gnome next to him takes the fellow's request seriously and orders him a drink.

"The wine," interrupts Orlando. "It's too watered here," he says with a glare towards the bartender. "But it's hard to beat wine from the hill country." He nods a greeting at the man and gnome, "I'm Fury."

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Elros The Ranger

A woodsman walks into the tavern, deeply tanned skin and a thick beard just covering his slightly pointed ears, he wears dirty leather armor, with a powerful bow across his back and a dagger at his waist.

"Good Evening, Ale, please." the half-elf says "Just got back from hunting, hard to find any game around here, get scared off really easily, have to go FAR out before you can find anything worth bagging." he says in a scruffy voice.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The golden half-orc breaks his reverie and turns to look at the half-elf woodsman.

"Pity about the hunting. What prey are you searching for?" he asks, his voice flowing smoothly, deeply, like springtime sap.

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"I mainly go out on requests, I am a tanner by trade, so when a client asks for a specific fur that I do not have, then I go out and find that creature, otherwise I set traps for larger creatures such as bear, that give a tough fight. What do you do?" Elros asks of the half-orc

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelene looks to Nathan and replies, "I do not honestly know what is or is not good. I arrived a short time before you."

The gnome lifts her mug of ale with both hands and raises it slightly in a salute to Fury, "Pleasure."

Nods a greeting to the half-elven hunter.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"The wine," interrupts Orlando. "It's too watered here," he says with a glare towards the bartender. "But it's hard to beat wine from the hill country." He nods a greeting at the man and gnome, "I'm Fury."

Nathan cocks his head to one side, considering. "Suppose anything that makes a man named after anger seem tranquil is a good spirit," he says, nodding to the barkeep that he'll have some wine, himself. When the glass arrives, he raises it, saying, "Well met, Fury."

Zelene looks to Nathan and replies, "I do not honestly know what is or is not good. I arrived a short time before you."

"Ah. Well, then to a fellow traveler," Nathan says, raising his glass to Zelene, then turns to witness the exchange between the half-orc and the woodsman.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The half-orc considers the question for a moment, eyes glazing over before returning to Elros. "Good question. Most of the time, I simply do whatever I feel is needed. But I have just recently become interested in the collection of essences. Every being has an essence, a grumlak, an aspect of body, mind, and spirit separate from the soul. It defines us, gives us form. By understanding the essences of others, one can redefine oneself. In this way, I, too, am a hunter."

He smiles openly, his tusks protruding as he does so. "I am Kanli. Would you like a drink?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases