[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor and Gragnor

A well worn man in old leather armor enters through the door with a split tailed panther weaving gracefully between his steps as he walks. After surveying the room, he chooses and empty table in a well lit corner. Stowing his weapons under the table, he sluffs off his backpack. First two wooden bowls and a wooden mug are placed neatly on the table. Then a book, pen, several inks. Meanwhile, the panther jumps up on to the bench beside the man and sits in front of its bowl. After placing a couple gold coins in front of the bowls, the man pulls out a couple of scrolls to study.

Marla walks up, "Ah, pretty kitty is back. The same as before?"

She stands there waiting, but the man is immersed in the writing.
She waits some more.
The cat cocks his head, smiles at the waitress, and then finally backhands the man with his paw. A shower of electric sparks fly, but even that doesn't seem to bother the man. "Um, sorry. Yes please." he says without even looking up.

"OK. It will be a few minutes for kitty's meal. We have to send out for it again." Marla scritches the kitty between the ears for a second and then takes the two gold pieces, heading to the kitchen.

rb780nm

First Post
Right behind Kalgor and Gragnor a tall, slender man in gleaming plate walks in. "Paladin Tellus! Wine?" Marla calls from the bar.

"Aye, the kind with all the water, if you please? And another of what ever my comrades in arms are having," he replies, indicating Tyrien, Kalgor, the cat and the others just in from Haatse.

""Lords and Ladies, I am Iosef Tellus, Paladin of Cortesia. I am recently returned from the tomb of Haatse, but my lady's calling allows me little rest. I seek wrongs to right and evils to defeat - please do not hesitate to request my help," Iosef tells the patrons. The effect is somewhat spoilt as his voice cracks near the end and he stammers over last few words slightly.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk, barbarian oracle level 5

A half orc in the corner who seemed to be taking a nap stirred at the sudden commotion. Scarred, and currently wearing simple peasant's garb, the majority of the newcomers didn't seem to hold his interest overly much, but the fellow half orc with the strange spirits around him was mildly intriguing. Not one to be overly forward in social situations, Ausk contented himself to sit back and watch the scene quietly.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien was so intrigued by all the red hands, she in unaware that some of her fellow companions have arrived behind her. Having acquired an apartment for herself, she is not carrying most of her adventuring gear. There is a nice, ornate quiver on her belt and a well-crafted rapier on the other hip.

Taking the offered seat, she looks confused, "I have no idea what you meant by that shadow-mite, but if you say it is best to avoid them, I shall. Though I am pretty good with a bow if that is effective against such creatures."

"I am Tyrien e'Adrianne, archeress of Haaste, er... Well I moved here to Venza. Such a lovely city. What's with the red hands? I have an apartment, small but sure beats living out in the woods, no?"

"I am hungry, what's good here? I only arrived recently, the shopping is very good. Look, I have some shining armor as well."

She pulls on her clothes to reveal the mithral shirt underneath as she continues chattering away, barely taking in a breath before continuing.

"Nice axe you have there. So we, my companions should be around soon. Oh, there are some of them now. Hey Kitty! Over here!"

"So we finished dealing with some undead that infested the local crypt, disrupting the annual adulthood ritual. All done, some grave robbers disturbed an ornery spirit and we defeated the skeletal villain."

"Oh, food. I am hungry, the city is big. Hard work buying shoes."

Showing off her tights as well, Tyrien pulls up her foot above the table top's edge to present the crimson boot with the silver buckles she recently bought.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +8 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
The doors of the Inn open with a bang, and a boistrous woman enters. Her hair is a wild tousel of curls, held back from her head by a bright pink, oversized ribbon. It's difficult to tell if her blouse is intentionally tight or merely ill-fitted, though the way the fit emphasizes her cleavage might suggest the former.

"Hello boys," she says coyly. She moves into the room, surveying the occupants as she sways her hips wide in her brightly-colored peasant skirt.

"I heard this is where a girl can come to find some big, strapping adventurers to help her out," she continues, and her wink is so largely-played you can almost hear it.

"We ain't a brothel, lady," Grog grumbles from behind the bar.

"Now, now, do I look like the kind of girl who has to pay for it, dearie?" the newcomer says with a pout of her very full lips. The half-orc merely grunts, and she smiles with satisfaction.

"So then," she says, sliding a gold coin across the bar and batting her eyelashes, "Maybe you'd give me use of one of those private rooms in the back, hmmm?"

Grog, who appears to actually be a bit embarrassed, snatches the coin and jerks a thumb in the direction of an empty room.

"Oh, goodie," she says, and starts to sway her way to the back. She turns back around to the room just before exiting and announces, "So, any of you boys and girls want to help out poor, innocent little me, I'll just be back here waiting."

[sblock=Sense Motive 25 or Perception 30]While nothing about this woman would seem to be subtle, that overt extravagance appears to be less than natural for her, as if she's not naturally inclined to behave this way.[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Recruiting]Now recruiting for Kostry Kopec, an APL 5 adventure involving mild mystery and combat in rain, mud, mold, bugs, and other environmental nastiness. I expect participants will level at least once during the course of the adventure.

I think this post has a good breakdown for splitting folk between this and SK's similarly-leveled adventure set to start shortly. I think most folks weighed in over there. Since the rest of recruitment happens in a private room, anyway, head on over to the adventure thread to check in.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Now that their food is almost prepared, Marla comes back to the table to retrieve the empty bowls for filling. Smiling to the kitty, it is apparent her opinion of the pair is quite different. She waves her hand in Kalgor's face, snapping her fingers. "Hey there big guy, didn't you hear? The lady needs help."

"Um, looks like I am not going to get any peace and quiet. OK, which way did she go?"

"She's in the back room to the left."

"Very well." as he starts packing up the mess on the table.

"Men."

"You said it honey! Um...", suddenly surprised when the kitty broke character.

Kalgor looks sternly at Gragnor, but the panther growls right back at him. "If you could bring our food back there, he is getting hungry."

After collecting the rest of his things, the man and his panther head into the back.

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion walks in behind the girly girl, a new headband wrapped around his head and a new backpack on. Seeing Tyrien sitting with an unknown half orc, walks over and says "Hello there Tyrien. Who is your friend here?"

Reaching out his hand for the half orc to shake, he says "The name is Anaerion. It is nice to meet you."

Maria comes over and asks "Anything for you dear?" "OH! Yes, um, your cheapest wine for now. Thanks." Maria raises her eyes at the cheapskate and bustles off to make the drink.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk continues to seem to take little heed of the crowds until the formal annoucement of an opportunity for work, at which point, he quietly picks up his plate of food, and heads into the backroom to hear more about this opportunity, hoping to ffinally prove himself the proper warrior that the voices inside his head keep telling him he is.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli looks at Tyrien's boot appreciatively. "Lovely footwear! Yes, I could imagine it takes all day to find such a beautiful specimen as that. As for what's good here? Try the frog. Zitteaux makes the best frog's legs around!"

As the one strumpet heads off to the back room, Kanli adds, "I'd like to see what that's all about. Would you like to come? At the very least, we can show her what real beauty is all about."

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion smiles a little bit after being ignored by the half orc. Whether it was because he was not a girl, or whether the half-orc did not notice him, it did not bother Anaerion at all. He stood up, and followed the half-orc into the back room.

Remove ads