[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto Nysys (level 1, class unrevealed)

Thud. The door to the inn opens to reveal a raven haired, green eyed, scrawny half-elven lad struggling with a loaded saddlebag. His simple attire hasn't seen the grime of work or battle yet. After clumsily bouncing into a couple of tables, he finds an empty one. Putting the saddlebag on the floor, he pushes it under the table with his feet and sits down.

After a moment Marla comes over, "What'll you have?"

"Some fried fish, bread and wine please."

Having not seen this farmboy before, "Two silver for the decent stuff."

Tasanto hands over two silver pieces. She goes to the bar to place his order with the cook. She returns with a tankard of wine. "The food will be ready in a bit."

"Um, I am also looking for work. I am a good guard. Is there any work available?"

Not seeing his qualifications, Marla is not impressed. But at least he is polite. "Well, we don't have anyone in here hiring at the moment. Wait around after you eat. Someone is always in trouble and needing help. They always come here." She returns to the bar.

Tasanto sips his wine.

kinem

Adventurer
"Thanks. What should I call you, then?" Menik asks the bartender.

He drinks the mead, finding it to his liking. When the newcomer enters, he looks him over. His keen ears pick up some of the conversation with the waitress.

When she returns he tells her "I'd like some chicken soup and bread, too."

He goes over the the half-elf's table. "Hello. Mind if I join you? Might be we're no so different. This is my first time in here. I'm looking for work too. I am Menik."

Satin Knights

First Post

"Yes, please have a seat. I am Tasanto. Life in the forest has become too slow for my young heart. So, I have come to this big city looking for interesting and honorable work. The waitress said that those that need help come here, so we only have to wait for them to arrive."

kinem

Adventurer
"I understand. As for me, I have studied the arts of magic and want to adventure following in the footsteps of my elder brother. What kind of skills do you intend to work with?"

Satin Knights

First Post

"Oh, I fight." Giggling can be heard from behind the bar. "Don't laugh! I do a pretty good job of clawing and biting. At least I do when the other half of my soul is here. He's wandered off to take a catnap among the stars at the moment. But when I call him back, we are a grand warrior."

The waitress quips, "So you are one of them. Explains a lot."

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

A swarthy, athletic young man enters the Inn. While his coloring would suggest he's from warmer climes, he's dressed in well-tailored attire more fitting a Venzan court than a desert or jungle. Likewise, his closely-cropped hair and well-trimmed beard speak to a mannered upbringing. Two short, exotic, bladed weapons hang sheathed at his sides.

He surveys the room a moment, as if assessing each occupant. Whatever the criteria, he gives an easy smile once he's finished, and moves to the table where folks seem to be talking.

"Whatever you have that'll wash down the road dust, please?" he says to Marla with a nonchalant charm. "It's been a very long trip.

"You can call me Ru, by the way,"
he says, proffering his hand in greeting to the others. "What's the news around here?"

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

"Hello, Ru. I am Menik. I'm new here myself. Are you a regular?"

Ru shakes his head.

"Nice to meet you. New around here, but I heard this was the place to be if I was looking for some action."

"The forest is green, the sky is blue and the city is noisy. I am new to this city, so that is all I can tell you. Oh, my name is Tasanto."

Ru chuckles at this and gives the scrawny half-elf a hearty pat on the back.

"A smart-mouth after my own heart," Ru says at Tasanto's 'news.'

Marla returns with his drink, and the young man gives her his winningest smile as he tips the cup her way. "Cheers, milady," he says by way of thanks.

"So, I gather there's no work at the moment?" he asks the others, taking a swig of the house ale, then shaking his head at the taste.

possum

First Post
A few minutes after Ru enters the building, the door swings open once more, revealing a burly looking dwarf. His scaled armor is covered with the dust of the road and he wipes it off with the palms of his gloved hands. He smiles slightly, white teeth showing through a dark blond braided beard. "Hello, this be the place to get a room and some mead?" he asks.

Remove ads