[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

possum

First Post
"Aye," Dolgrin says as he listens to the others. "I served a couple of years in the militia and I just wanted to get out and see the sky for a few decades before heading back," he explains.

kinem

Adventurer
Menik says. "I too felt the need to see what lay beyond the forest. But there was more ... My older brother Kyle was an adventurer. His tales always amazed us. But he is missing now. I am seeking adventure as he did, and perhaps some day I'll find out what happened to him."

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

"I served a couple of years in the militia and I just wanted to get out and see the sky for a few decades before heading back," he explains.

Ru raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, to be one of you long-lived, eh? Where 'a few decades' is just a little walk 'round the park," he says with a wistful smile.

Menik says. "I too felt the need to see what lay beyond the forest. But there was more ... My older brother Kyle was an adventurer. His tales always amazed us. But he is missing now. I am seeking adventure as he did, and perhaps some day I'll find out what happened to him."

The smile fades to a frown at Menik's tale.

"Sorry to hear it, Menik," the dark-complected man offers in sympathy.

possum

First Post
Dolgrin gives a quick and hearty laugh at Ru's comment on the longevity of his race before Menik's tale brings it crashing down. "I'm sorry," he says. "Sorry to hear that myself," he says, clearing his throat and taking another drink soon afterwards. "Here's hoping that he's all right."

Qik

First Post
In the lull in the chatter of new acquaintances, those interspersed throughout the tavern hear the door to the Dunn Wright Inn open once more. Through it comes a half-elf, lean and unmuscled with a wild patch of shock-white hair. He wears simple cotton clothes, clearly homespun, and a large pouch, its single wide strap traveling over his shoulder and across his chest. He also has both a quarterstaff and a long, thin sword strapped to his back, the latter of which seems somewhat out of place on such a physically-unimpressive personage. Still, he carries himself with a clear confidence that suggests there's more to him than meets the eye.

Seating himself at the bar, he inquires about some food. While he waits, he takes a swig from his waterskin and looks around the tavern, taking it all in with his wide gray eyes. Noticing this, Grog asks him, "New in town?"

"Aye."

"Where do you come from?"

"The Sethir Mountains."

"Hmm. From what I hear, it's pretty untamed there."

"Aye."

Grog returns to polishing his glass, feeling as though he's made enough of an attempt at conversation. Marla, however, makes one last attempt. "What's your name, traveler?"

"Mesem. Mesem Adrarda."

"Ooo, 'Mesem' - that's an interesting name. Wot's it mean?"

Mesem smiles slightly. "It means 'wrath.'"

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg
[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 11/11 temporary
AC: 13 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 12) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells:0 - Infinite, 1 - 2/2

Active Magic: None
[/sblock]​

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

Ru raises an eyebrow as his always-eavesdropping-a-bit hearing picks up on the exchange. He jerks his head to the newcomer to turn the others' attention his way.

"Now, who'd want to go and give a gentle fellow like you a name like that?" Ru calls out, moving over with an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"You can call me Ru," he offers.

"It means 'Ru,'" he adds with a mischievous wink.

Qik

First Post
Mesem smiles as he extends his hand in greeting. "I know - it really is most unfitting. I need to see about doing something about that." His eyes mirror Ru's mischievousness.

Mesem gestures to Ru's weapons. "I take it you are here for the same purpose as I? I had heard this was a place in the area for those with martial and arcane talent or interest to gather." Taking in the sight of the others and their many visible armaments, he adds, "It is nice to know that I wasn't misled in that regard."

Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

[/sblock]​

possum

First Post
Dolgrin glances up from his mug as Mesem enters the tavern. He ignores the newcomer until he mentions being a fellow adventurer. "Good to meet you, Mesem," the dwarf says, turning around to greet the recent arrival. "My name's Dolgrin. Far as I know it don't mean nothing funny."

Qik

First Post
Mesem nods in greeting to Dolgrin. "It is a pleasure, Dolgrin-meaning-Dolgrin, and Ru-meaning-Ru." Having struck up a conversation, Mesem moves down a few stools to be nearer to the group.

"Have you all worked around here before? I paid a small amount of service in my homeland, but otherwise have no experience doing this sort of thing." Smiling, he adds, "I look forward to cutting my teeth, though."

[/sblock]​

Remove ads