[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

kinem

Adventurer
Menik has been quiet, thinking about his lost brother, but realizes he should introduce himself to the newcomers.

"Hello. Good to meet you. I am Menik. It means 'return'."

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

"How about yourself, friend Ru? Where do you hail from? And, if you do not mind me asking, where did you learn to use a blade?" he adds, gesturing to Ru's wakizashis.

"Yes, never seen blades like that before," Dolgrin says, his attention brought to the strange curved blades by Mesem. "Look useful."

Ru lifts one of his paired, sheathed blades and looks at it, almost as if surprised to see it there. "These things? Pish, they're for cutting veggies back home," he says dismissively, though he doesn't do much to cover the jest he's making. "Home. Which is ...." he rotates slightly in the room, then finally points southwest.

"That way, I believe. It's a bit of a hike," he says with a wink.

[sblock=ooc]Not trying to be troublesome, just getting a feel for Ru. He's a bit of a braggart, but also--as a spy--prone to being evasive with details that might help someone assess / counteract his strengths. :) [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"Hello. Good to meet you. I am Menik. It means 'return'."

Mesem nods. "It is a pleasure, Menik." With a slight grin, he adds, "One can always count on the elves to place meaning in everything."

Ru lifts one of his paired, sheathed blades and looks at it, almost as if surprised to see it there. "These things? Pish, they're for cutting veggies back home," he says dismissively, though he doesn't do much to cover the jest he's making. "Home. Which is ...." he rotates slightly in the room, then finally points southwest.

"That way, I believe. It's a bit of a hike," he says with a wink.

Mesem keeps the small smile on his face at Ru's evasiveness; in not giving up information willingly, Ru has of course provided a substantial clue as to the kind of person he is, and, perhaps, the kind of training he has received. Given his own unapparent capabilities, Mesem can appreciate the man's tendency for secrecy. He enjoys the gamesmanship of it all.

"Ah, yes, I know of That Way. I have heard they have wonderful food there. It is a shame you do not seem to be much of an aesthete when it comes to cuisine." Gesturing to Lem, he adds, "Perhaps our halfling friend would be able to encourage such an appreciation in both of us, as I too tend to keep things simple," he says, chuckling, as he gestures to his bowl of rice and vegetables.

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 11/11 temporary
AC: 13 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 12) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 2/2

Active Magic: None
[/sblock]​

Satin Knights

First Post
Recruiting 5-6 level 1 characters for "Rescue at Boar's Ridge"

Thud! As the door to the inn slams open, an older human who is starting to get some grey in his beard comes marching in. His refined robes are betrayed by his rage. "Bastard! That bastard! I told the white cloaks to deal with him, and they did nothing." By this time, the man has reached the bar, staring Grog straight in the face. "Old friend, get me a bottle of whiskey, a room and six fearless souls. I am putting a bounty out on that necromancer!" Grog hands him a bottle from an upper shelf and a key to one of the back rooms. He doesn't bother grabbing a mug.

As the man stomps off towards the back, Grog tries to ask,"Ware tis" "Now!"

The back room door slams, but bounces back open slightly ajar.

Surprised by these events, Grog straightens up, "Attenshun! You bunch want work. He haz work. Be vary kareful. Spell slingger vary mad." Grog is looking around, casually searching for something.[sblock=Recruiting]Recruiting for "Rescue at Boar's Ridge"
5-6 characters starting at level 1, but could squeeze in a level 2.
Run time: 6-8 months, should take the characters to third level.
Leveling: Done after qualifying battle. Expected at least once. No opportunity to shop.
Post speed: every 24-36 hours. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Mesem had watched the angry man inquisitively, keeping silent until he stalked off. He hadn't really thought about intervening until Grog suggested it. I guess this is how they do things around here; most interesting.

Sliding off his stool and hefting his pack, Mesem looks at the others with a raised eyebrow. "I guess this is the opportunity we have been awaiting."

Mesem approaches the slightly ajar door and slides it open cautiously. "I believe I may be one of the souls you desire, your lordship," he says as he enters the back room and moves towards the table, curious about the entire matter.

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 11/11 temporary
AC: 13 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 12) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 2/2

Active Magic: None
[/sblock]​

rb780nm

First Post
The paladin who had seemed soon keen for more work a few minutes ago appears to be deep in thought about something and does not notice the new arrival or Grog's instructions.

OOC:
Still looking for a L5 adventure...

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

Ru smiles a tad maniacally on witnessing the exchange between bartender and patron, and stands as if to follow. At Grog's warning, the man bows and gestures to let Mesem precede him through the doorway. Once it's clear that entering the room isn't enough to invoke arcane wrath, he follows.

[sblock=ooc]This is my third character, so if there are more 1st level characters than spots, new players please speak up, and Ru will continue to run amok in the Dunn Wright for a bit. :) [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ditto on jkason's sentiments: newbies get first dibs. Given there are 6 spots available, though, I assume we'll be able to get everyone aboard.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Recruiting 5-6 level 1 characters for "Rescue at Boar's Ridge"

"Come in, Come in and sit. I will start explaining this mess as soon as I calm down." Taking long drinks from the wiskey bottle, it is obvious he is not going to be setting it down until it is empty.

[sblock=ooc]Tasanto cannot go out on this one, so it looks like we have five available at the moment. The new pic of Reianne looks real interesting so that may make a sixth. I suppose a party of four could make it through, but I would prefer five or six.

Tasanto can sit a while if needed, because this would be two characters active and GMing two games starting next month. Or he could go out with a level 2 group.

Iosef is penciled in for "The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets" Lvl 6 whenever that kicks off. It is waiting on Bloodcove and Fury to finish up. [/sblock]

Remove ads