[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Qik

First Post
Mesem silently follows the cankerous old man's bidding, glad to see he is at least on the path to calming down. Hanging his bag from the back of his chair as he seats himself across from his prospective employer, Mesem sits and waits patiently as the man self-medicates, watching as some of the others trickle into the back room.

[sblock=OOC]Should we be concerned about not having a clear healer in the party, especially since we won't have an opportunity to stock up on CLW potions on down the road?[/sblock]

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 11/11 temporary
AC: 13 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 12) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 2/2

Active Magic: None
[/sblock]​

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Dolgrin picks up his mug and heads to sit down next to the angry newcomer. "Ye said something about a necromancer that's been buggin' you?" the dwarf asks. "I'd be glad to help you. It'll be good to be getting some work and coin up on the surface."

kinem

Adventurer
Falling in battle is bad enough, but who knows what a necromancer might do!

Nontheless, Menik heads into the back room. "Hello. I am Menik. My sword and spells are for hire, if the price is right. My soul, not so much."

Satin Knights

First Post
Rescue at Boar's Ridge ~ all the players chosen

[sblock=After Galandra and Reianne join]The host starts his speech after the last two enter the room and sit down. I am reserving a seat for SoulNova's Galandra and a new person Hemera's Reianne. That should cover all the newbie characters we currently have.[/sblock]
"No worries Menik, I am looking for strong sword arms. Thank you, thank you for coming." He takes another swig of his whiskey. "I am Cratchen. I want that bastard dead, but that is not what I am hiring you for. I am hiring you to rescue Fiorella. A vile necromancer, by the name of Grimspiller, has kidnapped her. He intends to use her in a sacrifice at midnight of the next full moon to gain forbidden power. I warned the white cloaks that he would be a pestilence on the land. But, they would not do anything. I bet he was the cause of the walking bones we had in the streets just a while ago."

Looking over the group, trying to appraise your power, he shrugs and takes another drink. Mumbling to himself, "Power in numbers, I didn't have numbers." Then straightening up, "Ah yes, this ritual, if he has found the old secrets of it, has been banned for over four hundred years. If he was successful in the ritual, the Grand Council themselves would hunt him down. But that will be too late for my poor Fiorella."

Starting to get a bit wobbly from the booze, "You, You have four days before the full moon. They are in the old fort on Boar's Ridge, a day and a half east of here." He tosses a bag that jingles like coins on the table, "A hundred gold each now, another, another four hundred each when Fiorella is back in my arms safely."

[sblock=Game thread]We can move the rest of the intro and questions over to the game thread Rescue at Boar's Ridge.
I have copied over the intro so the game thread has all of the story. I will mix Galandra's and Reianne's intros in as appropriate over there. I see Dolgrim is busy for the weekend. No problem.
Yes, healing is always an issue. I will be generally strict about equipment and supplies.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem blinks to himself, realizing that he was dozing in his drink and missed the opportunity for adventure. With a sigh he goes back to his chilled milk, silently wishing luck to his more aware fellows.

jkason

First Post
Lem blinks to himself, realizing that he was dozing in his drink and missed the opportunity for adventure. With a sigh he goes back to his chilled milk, silently wishing luck to his more aware fellows.

[sblock=ooc]As I said before, Ru's my third character. Looks like Lem is your only character, and hasn't seen any play. You're more than welcome to take my spot, and Ru can harrass Tasanto and Iosef for a while, unless you actually wanted him haunting the Inn for a bit. There's another 1st level addy in the offing that I'm fine to wait for. I've got plenty enough else going on.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
jkason
[sblock]
That's ok. I'd rather not take a slot from someone and although I am interested in the plot, it's not drawing me strongly. I'll take the next train and hope it has some greater pull. But thank you!
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=oops!]Sorry. I wasn't seeing Lem on the Adventures page and missed him. I will go adjust his sheet in a couple minutes so he does show up. The last two haven't checked in yet, but I know SoulNova has been waiting patiently for about a month now. The other person just started a character on the wiki so I was trying to make sure they didn't walk in a day late and have the month long wait for the next as well.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=SK]If there is still an open slot, and you are worried about healing, I have a barely level 2 cleric, Quillian, that I could make active if needed.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I have plans to deal with the healing issue. I would want to slip in Lem first before bring in someone from the bullpen. They should be fine, or learn how to run. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads