[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
The door of the tavern bursts open. The jungle druid who kicked it open is obviously in a scathingly foul mood. The cheetah pressed next to his side, ears flattened back against its head, tail twitching and eyes glowering like murder, seems of a similar humour. He stalks rather than walks in the door glowering openly at the other patrons. He bangs the bar when he reaches it: "Brown water! And your best Buffalo Milk! And Maui swears ... if you bring him te cow's milk again he will take your ears and make a necklace! And trust me... today I have a problem with te Ears!"

He drains the ale brought to him hurriedly.

"Another."

The next two disappear just as fast. With the fourth in hand he lets out a loud burp and heads towards the hearth.

"Don't think that Maui has forgotten about te Buffalo Milk, mister! Hurry and fetch it now before I send Taniwha to come and get it!"

He kicks his feet up with a sigh, and as his big cat companion slumps down in front of the fire some of his rage seems to ebb.

OOC: Maui lvl 2 Druid ready for duty http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979)

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Shortly after Maui puts his feet up, a redhead sporting a deep tan and a pair of floating crystals orbiting his head enters. Once inside, he reaches up to catch each crystal and deposit the pair in his belt pouch. He signals for a drink and moves to his recent companion.

"See you found your way back to the Inn, Maui," Eanos says. "Your errand ... went well, yes?" he adds, the vagueness of both errand and the measure of success not lost on the jungle druid.

OOC: Eanos actually has somewhere to be in the near future, but hanging out in the Inn is a good way to kill the time between. :)

jbear

First Post
"Gah ... well enough Jade Arrow, well enough."

Maui seems uncomfortable with the question, squirming just a little in fact.
He drains his tankard and calls for another without going into any more detail.

"I like te floating stones .... to keep away te flies?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos takes the change of subject in stride, and chuckles. He reaches into this belt pouch and produces the two stones.

"Some of the spoils from our gig," he says. He holds the dark blue one out first. "This one sharpens my sense while it orbits me. This one," here he holds out the ruby-colored gem, "Helps me to stay hidden while it's spinning about in the air. Can't explain that, mind. Seems a bit contrary, but that's magic for you."

jbear

First Post
Maui looks at Eanos' with quite some measure of doubt in his eyes. He shrugs and says:"Helps you stay hidden ... if you say so Jade Arrow."

"This place is emptier than te last time we were here ... more zombies walking from te beds maybe? Crazy stones that send you to te upside down world of worms. Invisible hufflings who send dogs like it was raining cats. Maui no longer wonders why you city people come to make hell in my jungle ... because it's te only corner you find a little piece of quiet I think. "

Maui nods to himself vehemently as if to say 'I see the big picture now.'

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos chuckles. "True 'nough. I'm sure nothing unexpected ever happens in the jungle," he says with a light humor.

"As to the crowd, who knows. Every bar's gotta have a lull, I guess. And if there's folk out there on gigs, hopefully means they're stopping all that nastiness 'fore it ruins the city and the best watering hole in it."

gryphon_gold

First Post
A slender elven woman, clad in soft leather, steps through the doors and strolls into the tavern, stealthily, and yet with an air of loftiness. She struts up to the bar and snaps her fingers to get the bartender's attention. "Wine, please...and not the cheap stuff," she orders, taking a seat.

After taking a sip of her drink, the elf looks around the tavern and asks the barkeep, "So, anyone here looking for hired help?"

OOC: Level 2 rogue/wizard looking for danger and wealth.

Remove ads